What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team for Origin 3

Red and Blue Knight said:
Did you not see his fingers crossed?

f**king old biased turd, your Hodgson boy is hopeless yet you claim him as NSW's best? :lol:

This is what I'm taking offence too... I was merely lampooning your inanity that is often characterised by your pig-headed bias towards players from Newcastle.

I called for Mini to be re-instated in my first post! I am a Wests fan ffs... But this does not imply that Hodgo was sh*t...far from it he was NSW's best and in fact, he's 2nd only to Minichello.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Did anyone see Thurston nearly ragdoll Hodgo, tallis style back in goal, had him held in the air ready to toss him before the ref called held prematurely

Briza

Juniors
Can't believe people are picking Gasnier at 5/8?, what a f**king mistake that would be.

halves need to be able to pass the ball.

Munky

Coach
Kidley would be a disaster. He is like Chris Flannery; a jack of all trades and amazingly average at each (not bad, just average.)

I just don't know how to fix the halves problem. Anasta and Finch are sh*t yet who do we have to replace them. Johns has said no and even if he did play would he have the physical endurance left in his body to play at full speed?

Gower is pretty useless at rep level but would be better than all of NSW's other options. In a huge pressure game like origin 3 Orford would probably choke. Hornby does an ok job filling in at the Dragons at half but he isn't that great a first choice playmaker and doesn't set up to many points.

Gasnier at 5/8th is a joke, he is terrible there for the Dragons. Hell even Luke Lewis makes a better 5/8th than him.

I just don't see an answer for game 3.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The back 5 should be retained, didnt do too much wrong.

1. Hodgson
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Hill
7. anybody but Finch
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Hindmarsh
12. Simpson
13. O'Donnell (assuming he's fit)

14. Kite
15. Laffranchi
16. Menzies
17. O'Meley

I know you need utility's off the bench, but IMO Wing hasnt done anything to spark the Blues. Plus Buderus can play the whole 80.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
SCOTT HILL

He's the #6 in the team that's running first on the ladder... that ain't no fluke.

Stuart

Juniors
1-Stewart
2-King
3-Gas
4-Tahu
5-Grothe
6- really not many options here, so id stick with Anasta or maybe Gower
7-Orford, really should have been there this week IMO
8-Mason
9-Buderus
10-Bailey
11-Hindmarsh
12-Simpson
13-Menzies

14-Tom LL
15-O'Mealey
16-Weyman (O'Donnel or Kite)
17-Tongue

Ok, thats a tiny bit raiders heavy but IMO both Tongue and Tom LL should be in contenetion. Tongue provides an almost direct swap for Wing who has been pretty average *edit at club level, i thought his game tonght was OK*. While he may not have the skills there is no way he wouuld let us down and he brings heart some heart something we lacked IMO. Tom LL as a direct replacement for Ryan.

The halves need work but there really arent that many options. Finch was back to his old tricks last night, he isnt up to it. Orford would be a gamble worth taking IMO, he is one of the inform 7's in the comp, its time to give him a chance at SOO level... 5/8, all the potentials are questionable, Hill?? Anasta??? Kidley?? none stand above the rest and demand selection IMO, gower could be a good bet...

mattyg

Bench
i dont think we need something special in the halves to win in all honesty, i just think we need someone solid enough to NOT HAND QLD 2 TRIES! Our forwards dominated game 1 and the halves didnt have much to do with it, in game 2 the halves made our forwards look bad with at least a dozen hospital balls with the defence right on us.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
1. Hodgson
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Tahu
6. Dykes (if avail otherwise Hill)
7. Orford
8. Kite
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Hindmarsh
12. Menzies
13. O'Donnell

14. Bailey
15. Farah
16. Ryan
17. O'Meley

If O'Donnell is still out Simpson or Watmough come in. Menzies to lock obviously.

redVgirl

Juniors
im bias but if hes fit i would love to see Coops come back in. hes so bloody good in defense. and gaz shouldnt play 5/8. he looked so uncomfortable there with the dragons. hes too....big or something.

i have an idea re our lack of playmakers. lets chuck a qld reviving langer....lets get fittler back in! hes not doin much else. come onnnnn freddy do it for ya state! and lets get some passion back into the front row. give spud carroll a ring. oh and the chief too.

damn i miss the 90s :(

Eddie.

Bench
I would bring David Seage in for Hodgson, because as shrewdly pointed out by Knight Hodgson is hopeless.

I Would also bring in Matthew Gidley, the best centre in the world. I know he retired from Rep Footy under emotion scenes, but i would be doing all I could to change his mind.

Then i Would bring in Todd Carney and Lincoln Withers, as they an equally depressing halves pair as Anasta and Finch. The difference is Withers is tougher and would make 20 Hit ups, so hes in.

I Would also Bring in Paul Stringer. As it would be funny trying to watch a Big Fat Turd try and emulate O'Mealy's performance tonight.

Darren Senters passion should also not be over looked over that pansie Wing.

My Side

Seage
King
M Gidley
Gasnier
Grothe
Carney
Withers
Kite
Buderus
Stringer
Mason
Hindmarsh
Odonnell

Simpson
Senter
O'Mealy
Bailey

drake

First Grade
1. Hodgson. He did everything he could, and played well above his weight.
2. King. Was strong running, although made a few positional boos in defence
3. Gsnier. With some space he may have done something.
4. Tahu. See above, consolation try was proof.
5. Grothe. Our best back IMO. Strong in all areas, gutsy and unrelenting.
6. Hill or Dykes. They are the best performing mature 5/8ths at the moment.
7. Orford. He's doing great at Manly why the F not?
8. Bailey. He was our best forward last night.
9. Buderus. FOR 80 MINUTES!
10. Mason. He didn't have a great game last night, but his performance in Origin 1 was fantastic.
11. Hindmarsh. FOR 80 MINUTES ZOMG $%$$^^$%$&&^&*!!!!
12. Ryan. He played solidly with guts.
13. Anasta. He looked OK when he ran. It was his playmaking that sucked arse.
14. O'Meley. The Ogre will fire up.
15. Menzies. Beaver was 50/50 last night. Can cover several positions.
16. Simpson. Wasn't impressed with him, but he deserves another shot.
17. Kite. Tried his guts out, but QLD hammered him. Have another shot Ronni

Coach. Is Craig Bellemy available. Or Gould. Or even Elliot or Brown FFS.

Anyone that takes Hindmarsh off at all, let alone for 30 odd minutes is an absolutes looney. Same for Buderus. The bench selected and the way it was utilised was atrocious. Wing is a good player, but with Buderus you have no real need for a back up hooker. If worse comes to worse and we need one because Bedsy is injured, one of the halves can act in the hooking position with Anastabator as a stand in 5/8th if needed.

Leave Hindmarsh on the field until he actually asks to be replaced (as if that's going to happen.) Make sure Gasnier realises he is a centre, not a five eighth. Run the ball princess. Personally, I'd like to see Hill and Orford back together in the halves, they would be fantastic. Plus the Mexicans might actually know who they are. Might.

Kingytek

Juniors
1. Mini
2. King
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Anasta
7. Gower
8. O'Meley
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Hindmarsh
12. Laffranchi
13. Waterhouse

14. Kite
15. Bailey
16. Menzies
17. Simpson

sydraider

First Grade
If he remains fit with a few games under his belt then I would run with...

7. Head
6. Hill

Hodgo played well, I wouldnt move him from fullback, just proves some of you knights fans have a crack or ice problem (p.s thaiday is a qlder :p )

Drop simpson and bringeth the man THOM LEAROYD LAHRS!
(sure to ruffle a few six fingered knuckles that one ;-) )

Cooper back in the centres. No disrespect to tahu but you aint coopers bootlace when it comes to origin.

Anyways last night was good for the origin concept, qld kept the interest alive.