What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team for Origin 3

Goshawk

Juniors
Drop O'meley for Dean Young and you've got someone who can play any of those positions (bar fullback ofcourse). But Hornby should be there somewhere.

gregstar

Referee
Mr Angry said:
LOL @ Gas @ 5/8

geeeeez I know Canatsa is crap but seriously..................

brizza said:
Can't believe people are picking Gasnier at 5/8?, what a f**king mistake that would be.

halves need to be able to pass the ball.

i'll accept your apology to this forum in felatio form thanks

LOL! angry!

gregstar

Referee
innsaneink said:
Could still be a mistake Greggy...
doubt it - he's played better in his last 2 outings as 5/8. i would have had hornby at 5/8 & spaz & oops centres.

the selectors are obviously budgeting on either spaz or oops to get injured during the game in which case problem solvered.

Jimbo

Immortal
gregstar said:
the selectors are obviously budgeting on either spaz or oops to get injured during the game in which case problem solvered.

Maybe they've got Hornby on the bench to cover the 5/8 spot

Those 3am phonecalls can cause a few late changes...

gregstar

Referee
LOL!

of course the misconception is that gaz called a female.

the person he called was laurie dayley. not a female, but his bitch all the same.

Mr Saab

Referee
Whats the guess that tonight on NRL scoreboard Daley will say "We picked Hornby as he is a "quality" player and is very "adaptable"

Two of lauries fav words...large vocab does Lozz have....................not

Munky

Coach
Hornby, Gower and Gasnier as the playmakers?

We are going to get killed. Hornby is a good stop gap player but isn't that great a playmaker, he doesn't set up that many good plays and relies on Young and Matty Head at the Dragons. Luke Lewis has been a better 5/8th this year than Gasnier and he was pretty useless. Gower can't play being the sole playmaker yet NSW have given him a ball hog as a halves partner for the 2nd time. Last time we only scored one try with Gower at half IMO we'll be lucky to even equal that this game.

redVgirl

Juniors
well im glad to see more dragons in the squad but im still not convinced about Gaz at 5/8. coops definitely deserves his spot though. and im glad o'donnells back...maybe he can actually gain some metres and make some big hits. something we were sorely missing in game 2.

meanwhile i thought o'meley was piss poor in game 2....they must really have faith in him to fire up for the decider. hmmm.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Munky said:
Hornby, Gower and Gasnier as the playmakers?

We are going to get killed. Hornby is a good stop gap player but isn't that great a playmaker, he doesn't set up that many good plays and relies on Young and Matty Head at the Dragons. Luke Lewis has been a better 5/8th this year than Gasnier and he was pretty useless. Gower can't play being the sole playmaker yet NSW have given him a ball hog as a halves partner for the 2nd time. Last time we only scored one try with Gower at half IMO we'll be lucky to even equal that this game.

Bennie Hornby has had to play the majority of the past 2 seasons without Mat Head and the results aren't exactly indicative of someone who is a "passenger"...

2005: Finished 2nd after 26 Rounds
2006: Currently 4th After 16 Rounds

If Gasnier is such a "ball hog" then why did Colin Best benefit so much from his passes and ability to set up tries for him last year?
Other blokes will handle a fair majority of the kicking, Gasnier will cause QLD plenty of headaches.

Gower is the one with the question mark on him.. when was the last time he played well for NSW? He has scratchy form at Origin level imo

Munky

Coach
Hutty1986 said:
Bennie Hornby has had to play the majority of the past 2 seasons without Mat Head and the results aren't exactly indicative of someone who is a "passenger"...

2005: Finished 2nd after 26 Rounds
2006: Currently 4th After 16 Rounds

If Gasnier is such a "ball hog" then why did Colin Best benefit so much from his passes and ability to set up tries for him last year?
Other blokes will handle a fair majority of the kicking, Gasnier will cause QLD plenty of headaches.

Gower is the one with the question mark on him.. when was the last time he played well for NSW? He has scratchy form at Origin level imo

Gasnier has no passing or kicking game, this makes him a terrible partner for Gower who has a creative player next to him all the time at club level. Hornby is only a solid player in the halves, he is like Cooper Cronk in doing what is required of him. Gower had a stormer of a game last time he played for NSW in 2005. However I expect him to fail big time next week considering who he will be paired with.

Mr Saab

Referee
Hutty1986 said:

Throwing the "gaz flick" to Colin Best is one thing, but to throw a 10-15m cut out pass that lands on the chest of a player is another.
They both have ???? over them, but knowing QLD luck they will lift and Gaz will throw face balls all night to king/cooper/tahu

Hutty1986

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Throwing the "gaz flick" to Colin Best is one thing, but to throw a 10-15m cut out pass that lands on the chest of a player is another.
They both have ???? over them, but knowing QLD luck they will lift and Gaz will throw face balls all night to king/cooper/tahu

Yep, good point.

I just think it's very, very silly for people on here to be writing off the Blues just because Gaz is at 6. I think he'll go pretty well.

I think the fact NSW won Game 1 with a halves pairing of Brett "Kiss my A*se Finch and Braith "Blue Steel" Anasta is proof that the halves are not neccessarily do or die positions

simostorm

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Maybe but he was below average on friday night.

Thats only cos Cam Smith hogged it all night, Hill was calling for it plenty of times with King and Geyer outside him but Cam looks at Scotty and passes the other way. This happens week after week.
If you watched Storm vs Eels when Cam Smith wasnt playing for SoO. Hill had plenty more ball and played awesome, set up a few trys.

Hutty1986

Immortal
nqcowboy87 said:
it is obvious you have very limited knowledge of rugby league

:lol: :lol: I could probably say the same thing about your football team atm

The fact that you list your location as "ya mums place" proves that you have no maturity in daily life, let alone have any right to question my knowledge

Now then, off you go.