What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

MKCS

Juniors
Bit of a selection dilemma for NSW this year.

- In the back line you'd think the only players from last year who are owed any loyalty would be Tedesco (Been playing great defensive footy) and Dugan (Had a great World Cup and what we've seen at the Sharks he's been solid).

- Halves from last year nobody is owed any loyalty. Maloney was solid at best throughout the series as was Pearce. With Keary and Cleary both putting their hands up and the likes of Brooks starting to reach their potential it gives quite a few possibilities.

- Much like the backline only a couple of players in the forward are owed any loyalty and that would be Cordner and Frizell. That number comes up to 4 if you include Jake T and Klemmer from the bench.

So for those following at home that's just 6 players that Fittler should absolutely have on his paper right now. Dugan, Tedesco, Cordner, Frizell, Jake T and David Klemmer. Luckily for him those 6 really stood up even in the game we lost 22-6 last year.

---

1. Tedesco 2. Mansour 3. ? (Would love Latrell there but he's pretty poor in defence) 4. Josh Dugan 5. Tom T/Addo-Carr/Ferguson

6. James Maloney (Simply to have an experienced player there) 7. Cleary (If he heals as quick as media thinks he will)

8. Paul Vaughan 9. Cameron McInness 10. David Klemmer 11. Boyd Cordner (C) 12. Tyson Frizell 13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 15. Shannon Boyd 16. Jack De Belin 17. ? (Could be Moylan, Graham, Bird or any other utility out there)

---

- With the side I've listed you'd argue that Mansour is our best left wing option and should get the nod simply due to being good for Penrith and playing well in the World Cup. Your right wing option should probably be Tom Trbojevic but others have speculated he may be wasted there which I tend to agree with. Addo-Carr is the quickest in the league now with Ferguson being over the 100 KG mark or quite close. It allows Fittler to choose size or pace on the right side.

- Maloney and Cleary would get the nod in my side if we assume that Cleary is going to heal quickly and can get another 2-3 games with him. This could be the biggest issue because the only legitimate options at 7 we have that Maloney actually has played with are Cleary and Pearce.

- New look props as Klemmer moves in and Vaughan debuts. Big and strong forwards who will smash the aging QLD pack with three Australian reps in the second row and lock positions. McInness gets the nod for being a great defender and playing well for the Dragons although I will admit we do need a superstar hooker soon.

- Our bench offers two former Australian rep props who are impressing for their clubs currently. De Belin also makes the side and at 107 KG doesn't stray away from our big man bench. I think if he's put on late in the game and can get some offloads to the likes of Tedesco, Cleary and whoever our utility is he could be quite damaging.

- Utility could be anyone. Graham can play quite a few positions but maybe Moylan or Bird could jump in.

This year has to be the year for NSW. We've got them beat most areas of the field except the halves. Backs seem pretty equal.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
1. Trebojevic

2. Mansour

3. Mitchell

4. Dugan

5. Ferguson

6. Keary

7. Maloney

8. Campbell-Gillard

9. Koriosau

10. Vaughn

11. Cordner

12. Frizell

13. Trebojevic

14. Peachey

15. De Bellin

16. Klemmer

17. James

Tommy T gives you Tedesco's running game and adds a ball playing game.

Maloney needs to organise for it to work.

I like a heavy bench.

macavity

Referee
I think you persist with Peats for another series. He needs to back himself a bit more in a returning series and make some effective darts from acting half. It seemed as though the word to him last series was to just distribute carries to forwards and feed the ball to pearce and maloney on attacking plays so they got early ball to do something. the ruck defence needs to be put on notice - a bit like american footy using the run to set up the pass or vice versa. when the defence knows you're going to pass the ball out of the ruck every time, it's easier to defend the play.

Peats would be 3rd or 4th NSW hooker on form. Very ordinary player.

Clifferd

Coach
1. Luke Brooks
2. Luke Brooks
3. Luke Brooks
4. Luke Brooks
5. Luke Brooks
6. Luke Brooks
7. Luke Brooks
8. Luke Brooks
9. Luke Brooks
10. Luke Brooks
11. Luke Brooks
12. Luke Brooks
13. Luke Brooks

14. Luke Brooks
15. Luke Brooks
16. Luke Brooks
17. Luke Brooks

Bit of a selection dilemma for NSW this year.

- In the back line you'd think the only players from last year who are owed any loyalty would be Tedesco (Been playing great defensive footy) and Dugan (Had a great World Cup and what we've seen at the Sharks he's been solid).

- Halves from last year nobody is owed any loyalty. Maloney was solid at best throughout the series as was Pearce. With Keary and Cleary both putting their hands up and the likes of Brooks starting to reach their potential it gives quite a few possibilities.

- Much like the backline only a couple of players in the forward are owed any loyalty and that would be Cordner and Frizell. That number comes up to 4 if you include Jake T and Klemmer from the bench.

So for those following at home that's just 6 players that Fittler should absolutely have on his paper right now. Dugan, Tedesco, Cordner, Frizell, Jake T and David Klemmer. Luckily for him those 6 really stood up even in the game we lost 22-6 last year.

---

1. Tedesco 2. Mansour 3. ? (Would love Latrell there but he's pretty poor in defence) 4. Josh Dugan 5. Tom T/Addo-Carr/Ferguson

6. James Maloney (Simply to have an experienced player there) 7. Cleary (If he heals as quick as media thinks he will)

8. Paul Vaughan 9. Cameron McInness 10. David Klemmer 11. Boyd Cordner (C) 12. Tyson Frizell 13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 15. Shannon Boyd 16. Jack De Belin 17. ? (Could be Moylan, Graham, Bird or any other utility out there)

---

- With the side I've listed you'd argue that Mansour is our best left wing option and should get the nod simply due to being good for Penrith and playing well in the World Cup. Your right wing option should probably be Tom Trbojevic but others have speculated he may be wasted there which I tend to agree with. Addo-Carr is the quickest in the league now with Ferguson being over the 100 KG mark or quite close. It allows Fittler to choose size or pace on the right side.

- Maloney and Cleary would get the nod in my side if we assume that Cleary is going to heal quickly and can get another 2-3 games with him. This could be the biggest issue because the only legitimate options at 7 we have that Maloney actually has played with are Cleary and Pearce.

- New look props as Klemmer moves in and Vaughan debuts. Big and strong forwards who will smash the aging QLD pack with three Australian reps in the second row and lock positions. McInness gets the nod for being a great defender and playing well for the Dragons although I will admit we do need a superstar hooker soon.

- Our bench offers two former Australian rep props who are impressing for their clubs currently. De Belin also makes the side and at 107 KG doesn't stray away from our big man bench. I think if he's put on late in the game and can get some offloads to the likes of Tedesco, Cleary and whoever our utility is he could be quite damaging.

- Utility could be anyone. Graham can play quite a few positions but maybe Moylan or Bird could jump in.

This year has to be the year for NSW. We've got them beat most areas of the field except the halves. Backs seem pretty equal.
Cordner shouldn't be shown any loyalty. He's literally the weakest amongst the backrowers. Shouldn't even be there but will be since he's the captain.

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Luke Brooks
2. Luke Brooks
3. Luke Brooks
4. Luke Brooks
5. Luke Brooks
6. Luke Brooks
7. Luke Brooks
8. Luke Brooks
9. Luke Brooks
10. Luke Brooks
11. Luke Brooks
12. Luke Brooks
13. Luke Brooks

14. Luke Brooks
15. Luke Brooks
16. Luke Brooks
17. Luke Brooks

I’d have Liddle at 9 but otherwise agree

big hit!

Bench
Cordner shouldn't be shown any loyalty. He's literally the weakest amongst the backrowers. Shouldn't even be there but will be since he's the captain.

in his defence, he would play only 20 mins in each match in his preferred position, and then had to make way for Graham. it also f**ked around frizell and he had to make way for Cordner switching to right forward.

i doubt Fittler will compromise the position of the captain the way Daley did. cordner will start and play the whole series at left forward. frankly, if cordner is selected as captain, there is no room for graham.

big hit!

Bench
1. Trebojevic

2. Mansour

3. Mitchell

4. Dugan

5. Ferguson

6. Keary

7. Maloney

8. Campbell-Gillard

9. Koriosau

10. Vaughn

11. Cordner

12. Frizell

13. Trebojevic

14. Peachey

15. De Bellin

16. Klemmer

17. James

Tommy T gives you Tedesco's running game and adds a ball playing game.

Maloney needs to organise for it to work.

I like a heavy bench.

forward rotation looks spot on + peachey looks spot on.

i can't have both dugan and ferguson in camp again. dugan was NSW best back last series and always puts in, but he's not a team guy. ferguson's early season form might be alright but he's constantly been the 4th best winger in origin games he's played in. he seems uncomfortable with the step up in speed and intensity at this level.

i'm surprised no moylan. if fittler goes for keary, he has to be confident he'll be there all series and for future series, rather than just blooding a new half again. NSW need stability in the spine. it's why I'd continue with teddy and peats for this series. tom come into the side as right wing.

no doubt changes are needed and should've been made last series, but basing it just on 5 games and expecting it to work over 3 games in june and july is a bit ambitious. QLD continue to rely on their combinations to get done. NSW are always at square 1 with new halves and attacking combos.

TheFrog

Coach
Trebojevic T
Addocarr
Dugan
Blake
Ferguson
Maloney
Brooks
Vaughan
Koroisau
Klemmer
Frizell
Cordner
Trebojevic J

Campbell-Gillard
deBelin
Boyd
Peachey

Springs09

Juniors
So is Keary a blue now?

Nope. Whatever the rules say is rubbish. Born and raised in QLD, identified as a QLDer, wanted to play for QLD. Don't need him. Need players who bleed blue.

1. Trbojevic/Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Tedesco/Trbojevic
4. Jack Bird
5. Josh Mansour
6. Blake Green
7. James Maloney
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Peter Wallace
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Josh Jackson
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Tyson Frizell
16. Ryan James
17. Jack de Belin

Tedesco and Trbojevic both deserve fullback spot. Whichever one Fittler does not opt for should be in the centres. We have a few good wingers but barely any centres. Addo-Carr is probably the best finisher at the moment, and Mansour is consistent with the form that saw him picked for Australia. But there are several wingers who could probably do the job - Johnston, Ross, Don and if Gutherson was fit I'd have him in the team either at centre or wing. There's no need to go for Morris or Ferguson again. They've had enough chances.

If Jack Bird can get back to full fitness and form he's our best option for the other centre/ Picking Dugan just shows how poor our centre stocks are. Roberts and Mitchell are other options but their defence is poor and they are brilliant one week and shocking the next. Hayne should be nowhere near the team.

Cleary if fit should be 7 for sure. None of this 'too young' crap. If he's the best 7 then he's the best 7. But if it looks like he won't be fit in time then Blake Green should get a go. Along with Wallace at hooker, who cares if they are a bit old, we need to win now not in 5 years time. Green and Wallace are the form 6 and 9 for NSW at the moment. Pearce should be the last option. People in the media always ask why fans blame Pearce for every loss - he's the only one involved in every loss. Every other player is allowed to get dropped, yet the only time Pearce has been dropped it's been because of disciplinary issues and he's been brought back to the team at the expense of a winning half (Reynolds & Moylan). Like Morris, Ferguson & Hayne, he's had enough chances.

Surely no one has Woods in their team. Klemmer to me is also way behind, I'm yet to see what he brings. Had about 2 good games in a Blues jersey and goes missing half the time. Campbell-Gillard & Vaughan deserve a start, McLean too if he gets fit but otherwise put in Ryan James.

Cordner I suppose as he is captain. Jackson was one of our best last year. Frizell works well coming off the bench. Jake Trbojevic needs to start and should be captain in the next few years.

I was hoping Nathan Brown would kick on after last year but hasn't just yet. Jack de Belin probably deserves a go. Angus Crichton is pretty close too but would prefer another prop/lock forward rather than a second-rower. Tyrone Peachey has to be the best utility in the game right now, Wade Graham has too much rubbish in his game.

TheFrog

Coach
3. Tedesco/Trbojevic
Consolation prize for the losing fullback?

I was going to pick Wallace as well but can't be naming too many from the club you follow. He's a tireless defender in the middle of the field if nothing else. Tends to go to sleep at dummy half occasionally though.

Last edited:

Springs09

Juniors
Consolation prize for the losing fullback?

I was going to pick Wallace as well but can't be naming too many from the club you follow. He's a tireless defender in the middle of the field if nothing else. Tends to go to sleep at dummy half occasionally though.

Need both in the team. Either of them can play centre/winger as well and will be of more use at centre.

We have 3 or 4 hookers about the same level. Wallace is the safest and most level-headed in my opinion.

King hit

Coach
Pleasant headache debating whether for Mansour or Tommy T for the wing spot. Ferguson has one locked down.

Springs09

Juniors
How the hell does Ferguson have a spot locked down? Average so far in Origin and can be as derpy as SKD at times. Mansour and Trbojevic are both better players if you want to put Trbojevic on the wing.

King hit

Coach
How the hell does Ferguson have a spot locked down? Average so far in Origin and can be as derpy as SKD at times. Mansour and Trbojevic are both better players if you want to put Trbojevic on the wing.

Don't think you've watched a Roosters game this year. He is dominating games on the wing making over 100 meters in each game, and busting tackles and making linebreaks like there is no tomorrow. He is not an average Origin or rep player. Did you see him win Australia's player of the tournament at the 2016 four nations.

big hit!

Bench
Pleasant headache debating whether for Mansour or Tommy T for the wing spot. Ferguson has one locked down.

laughable that he's even being considered again given how average he is in origin, and last series antics prior to a decider.

mansour LW
Turbo RW

centres are probably the most difficult selections as it's where NSW are poor or raw, and QLD have some experienced proven options, even if they play morgan there.

dugan plays RC and get selected based on how good he was last series even though he boozed up prior to game 3. LC is a f**king dilemma. definitely no to either Teddy or Turbo. Mitchell is erratic. Roberts is predominantly an RC, has speed but not much else. Aitken stood up Inglis the other night and is playing well, but once again is an RC.

I can see Jennings and J Moz getting the call up again.

Latest posts