What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team

strider

Post Whore
but surely the simpson thing is JUST so he can bump his salary a bit more at the knights - i just see him as a knight for life

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm not expecting Simpson to go on the open market but I am expecting Newcastle to up his contract money in the fear that they might lose him, especially with a coach going to a rival club who's on the look out for a quality backrower.

The Colonel

Immortal
strider said:
but surely the simpson thing is JUST so he can bump his salary a bit more at the knights - i just see him as a knight for life

What Mario said. Then again it is whether or not the Knights can compete with deals from outside the club. I'm not convinced he will leave but if the money is right who knows. ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
don't like Gaz at 5/8, much like Wags, he doesn't pass the ball

not happy with Marshmellow (Shrek) man on the bench as well, he was useless in SOO2

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The Colonel said:
What Mario said. Then again it is whether or not the Knights can compete with deals from outside the club. I'm not convinced he will leave but if the money is right who knows. ;-)

I actually heard from a good source around six months ago that the knights are really struggling to stay under the cap. I also heard that Simpson believes he is being underpaid.

You put 2 and 2 together. (and get 4)

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm definitely not happy about the Gasnier at 5/8th selection.
It depicts an amount of panic, which I didn't think we needed to portray, besides the fact that he is unproven there.

I would have had Gower at 5/8th and either Kimmorley or Orford at half.

Indeed, I hope I am wrong.

Suity

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Given Matt Gidley is expected to leave I'm not certain that there situation is quite that dire.

That is true but they also have had the resignings of K Gidley and Mullen ans some other lower tier players whose names have escaped me. Simpson even fleetingly mentioned going to union. To me that is a another sign he wants out or more money (like Gasnier and others)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Suitman said:
I'm definitely not happy about the Gasnier at 5/8th selection.
It depicts an amount of panic, which I didn't think we needed to portray, besides the fact that he is unproven there.

I would have had Gower at 5/8th and either Kimmorley or Orford at half.

Indeed, I hope I am wrong.

Suity

I think they also wanted to get Coops back in and this is the only way they could get him back in without dropping anyone

James_Hardie

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Given Matt Gidley is expected to leave I'm not certain that there situation is quite that dire.

And the way he is playing at the moment, and judging by his body language, there has to be question on whether Johns will be back in 2007....

dio

Juniors
gaz can not pass how on earth is he going to play 5/8
icon13.gif

Bigfella

Coach
The only concern for me is the kicking game; neither Gower nor Gasnier have a long kick. Gower kicks reasonably well without being brilliant.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Brent Kite played a fair bit better than Steve Simpson in the last match?

The Colonel

Immortal
James_Hardie said:
And the way he is playing at the moment, and judging by his body language, there has to be question on whether Johns will be back in 2007....

I think you are right. Only thing is I think he might not announce something like that until later in the year or very early next year........One thing is certain if he said so now Brian Smith would have mucho dinero to work with in 2007 and beyond.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Bigfella said:
The only concern for me is the kicking game; neither Gower nor Gasnier have a long kick. Gower kicks reasonably well without being brilliant.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Brent Kite played a fair bit better than Steve Simpson in the last match?

I would almost go so far as to say Andrew Ryan played better than Simpson. Simpson's rep form has only been so-so for a couple of years i think. (especially considering the quality back rowers not getting a look in).