What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Under 16's and 18's 2012

half_back

Juniors
6. Mitchell Moses (Balmain)
7. Luke Brooks (Balmain)

Second Row Salesi Funaki (Balmain)

Mitchell Moses was the difference on Thursday night. Luke Brooks is steady and a good foil can't see him getting the job though.

Salesi was good and the battle between he and Goodall was interesting to watch although as both defended tighter than they attacked they didn't come head to head too often. Goodall gave Moses a tough time in defence while salesi did the same for his manly counterpart. I'd say it will be between them for a bunch spot although as Goodall is the bigger and also plays centers for hills sports whereas Salesi plays SR both at balmain and Westfields and is a year young Goodall could get the nod. Salesi although could beat Cherrington to the bench back up hooker role as he played there when a year young in Matts.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Soni Hala should be the first forward picked in the 16's. He is a machine. Destroyed Wests yesterday.

half_back

Juniors
100% agree!

Both penrith props should be in the team. Both big and physical exactly what is needed to play QLD. Pangai was a lot better on the weekend also and probably should get the nod in the back row with Tatola from Balmain. The possible probable match should be a ood one this year as there are quite a few contenders fo several positions including back row and centers.

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
Without a doubt, although I didn't think Jennings was as good in the back half of the year as he was earlier.
Well you obviously didn't see round 9 against bulldogs he destroyed them and yesterday's game against wests scored one of the most powerful tries all year

half_back

Juniors
Possible 18s Team

1. Clinton Gutherson - Manly
2. Halauafu Lavaka - Penrith
3. Tyrone Phillips - Souths
4. Richard Kennar - Melbourne
5. Regan Haika - Manly
6. Mitchell Moses - Balmain
7. Christian Hazard - Souths/Alex Thomas - Roosters/Drew Hutchinson - Illawarra/Robbie Kamoto - Parra
8. Jake Trbojevic - Manly
9. Mania Cherrington - Balmain
10. Frazer Masinamua - Parra
11. Danny Fuaolo - Dogs
12. Kelepi Tanginoa - Parra
13. Bryce Cartwright - Penrith

14. Jake Lawrence - Newcastle
15. Pauli Pauli - Parra
16. Fabian Goodall - Manly
17. Salesi Funaki - Balmain

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Well you obviously didn't see round 9 against bulldogs he destroyed them and yesterday's game against wests scored one of the most powerful tries all year

The footwork he displayed for that try yesterday was awesome to see. Hopefully it is on nswrl.com.au during the week.

half_back

Juniors

I did see the dogs game and definitely didnt think he destroyed them. Thought Both front rowers destroyed them. Didn't see yesterday's game though. Wasn't overly impressed with Canberra game either. First few rounds seems he had greater involvement and was terrorizing opposite numbers.

stretcher

Juniors
I did see the dogs game and definitely didnt think he destroyed them. Thought Both front rowers destroyed them. Didn't see yesterday's game though. Wasn't overly impressed with Canberra game either. First few rounds seems he had greater involvement and was terrorizing opposite numbers.
Maybe he is more of a marked man now because he is dangerous

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Only injury will stop Michael and Robert Jennings putting on Blues jerseys on May 23 in Melbourne.

Tucantango

Juniors
HB,

I have noticed that your still sticking with Lavaka to make the team. I personally was a big fan of him making the team earlier in the season however he did not impress me very much in the three games I was able to see of him this year and I believe he may miss out!

I might note that at two of the games I did go and watch the NSWRL selectors were out in force!

Hey I could be wrong, and if their is a player who deserves a break in cracking it for a rep team it is Lavaka. He should have definitely been selected in the NSWCHS team for the ASSRL last year!

Your views mate?

Regards,
Tuc

ranga

Juniors
HB,

I have noticed that your still sticking with Lavaka to make the team. I personally was a big fan of him making the team earlier in the season however he did not impress me very much in the three games I was able to see of him this year and I believe he may miss out!

I might note that at two of the games I did go and watch the NSWRL selectors were out in force!

Hey I could be wrong, and if their is a player who deserves a break in cracking it for a rep team it is Lavaka. He should have definitely been selected in the NSWCHS team for the ASSRL last year!

Your views mate?

Regards,
Tuc
unlike school football the best players are usually picked at this level

Tucantango

Juniors
unlike school football the best players are usually picked at this level

Ranga,

Your statement could not be further from the truth mate! You only have to look at the selection of last years U/16's, and to a certain extent the U/18's, to realise this!

Salesi Funaki who everyone is touting here to make the U/18's (and as a 17 year old) should have been a shoe in for the U/16's in 2011 and didn't get picked!

David Minute (who was an U/16 NSW rep and the HMC player of the year in 2010) was a great impact player of the bench for the Doggies in SGB last year and didn't make it where I believe he should have!

There were more; the above were the obvious examples!

Regards,
Tuc

ranga

Juniors
Ranga,

Your statement could not be further from the truth mate! You only have to look at the selection of last years U/16's, and to a certain extent the U/18's, to realise this!

Salesi Funaki who everyone is touting here to make the U/18's (and as a 17 year old) should have been a shoe in for the U/16's in 2011 and didn't get picked!

David Minute (who was an U/16 NSW rep and the HMC player of the year in 2010) was a great impact player of the bench for the Doggies in SGB last year and didn't make it where I believe he should have!

Regards,
Tuc
like you said in your opinion ,any way dint they both win , there will allways be debate every ones son should make it ,just ask them mate

ranga

Juniors
Ranga,

Regards,
Tuc
And I did say usually,read first then critisize:crazy:

Latest posts