What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Under 16's and 18's 2012

magpie4ever

First Grade
And can somebody out there tell me how the swas hooker made the nsw trial over Cameron Collins hooker from panthers or the dragons and bulldogs hooker what a joke!!!

It is fairly clear with Cameron not getting a run in the possibles v probables match that Joey T from Parra will be selected in the NSW side (and given his form in the finals, it is hard to argue against). But I will say this, totally unbias;-), that until a certain player in the Parra squad broke down in round 7, to use a racing term, he had the likely NSW hooker off the bit and was clearly in front of the said player on form. But as Ned said, such is life.:(

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
It is fairly clear with Cameron not getting a run in the possibles v probables match that Joey T from Parra will be selected in the NSW side (and given his form in the finals, it is hard to argue against). But I will say this, totally unbias;-), that until a certain player in the Parra squad broke down in round 7, to use a racing term, he had the likely NSW hooker off the bit and was clearly in front of the said player on form. But as Ned said, such is life.:(
Totally agree about what ur saying but u need more than one hooker for the state trial and considering seas finished second last and not to mention their hooker was suspended for two weeks for a spear tackle I still can't see how he would get a run considering the academy players are dropped from the top squads for a reason do u understand where I'm coming from he was dropped from wests to academy cause the wests hooker was better!

magpie4ever

First Grade
Totally agree about what ur saying but u need more than one hooker for the state trial and considering seas finished second last and not to mention their hooker was suspended for two weeks for a spear tackle I still can't see how he would get a run considering the academy players are dropped from the top squads for a reason do u understand where I'm coming from he was dropped from wests to academy cause the wests hooker was better!

Believe the Souths hooker (G Garvey) was picked also to trial, plus I don't know the positions of the country players selected to trial

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
Anyone see the Possibles v Probables trial last night? Who stood out?
Yeah Jamie hill was a stand out and m4e they played the halfback from dragons at hooker for some of the game another reason the selectors are dickheads plenty of specialized hookers that could of played 6 from Newcastle best on ground but I think the team is already picked

KAB

Juniors
Look, selectors have already an idea - the coach knows what he wants before he goes to the trial. I also cannot believe a SWAS player got a gig. Especially when there was another 6-8 other hookers that where outstanding.
To play Dufty (dragons half) at hooker is not a bad ploy, he played all schools touch is very quick good kicking game, and slots into 7 or 6.
Also CCC trials are on 24th / 25th. I hope the injury M4E's kid is not that bad.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Look, selectors have already an idea - the coach knows what he wants before he goes to the trial. I also cannot believe a SWAS player got a gig. Especially when there was another 6-8 other hookers that where outstanding.
To play Dufty (dragons half) at hooker is not a bad ploy, he played all schools touch is very quick good kicking game, and slots into 7 or 6.
Also CCC trials are on 24th / 25th. I hope the injury M4E's kid is not that bad.

Dufty was selected as hooker/dummy half in the U15s CCC side with the nationals last year, so it makes sense they will test him as the same again in the trials.

KAB, I'm talking about rugby union believe they are on May 21-22 could be wrong - big, big doubts on being fit. He made the 16s as a 15 year old, so this was his year but shite happens, not much you can do about it.

I will have a shot at selection of the NSW side - blog it tomorrow night. Reckon I will get 12 out the 17 (taking politics into it).

stretcher

Juniors
Dufty was selected as hooker/dummy half in the U15s CCC side with the nationals last year, so it makes sense they will test him as the same again in the trials.

KAB, I'm talking about rugby union believe they are on May 21-22 could be wrong - big, big doubts on being fit. He made the 16s as a 15 year old, so this was his year but shite happens, not much you can do about it.

I will have a shot at selection of the NSW side - blog it tomorrow night. Reckon I will get 12 out the 17 (taking politics into it).
I watched stgeorge play a lot and fifty can't tackle now they want him in the middle core please

magpie4ever

First Grade
Below is the team, I believe will be selected for the NSW U16's. It is not my team, but the team likely to be selected given the possibles v probables trial plus Parramatta. Remember, I have not seem every team only some of the teams that played Parramatta. Comments - yes, attacks on me or the team listed - no.

1: Dillon Khoury (Parramatta)
2: Jye Dunning (Illawarra)
3: Sion Mata-Utia (Newcsatle)
4: Robert Jennings (Penrith)
5: Jermaine Mat-Letfi (Parramatta)
6: Jason Vidal (Parramatta)
7: Matt Dufty (St George)
8: Oliver Clarke (Penrith)
9: Joesph Tramontana (Parramatta)
10: Soni Hala (Penrith)
11: Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta)
12: Tevita Pangi (Newcastle)
13: Mark McCormack (Wests)

Depending on whether the following:

If they take 4 front rowers into the 17: Two of the following - Alex Twal (Parra), Wayne Frances (Parra), Mitch Connor (CC) or country. Atleast 1 will be the squad

If they take in 2 additional back rowers: Two of the following - Tom Alome (Parra), Michael Black (Parra), Jamie Hill (Penrith), Mason Cerritto (Wests) or country. Atleast 1 will be in the squad.

There will be a utility bench player - Bayley Sironen (Balmain) or Travis Edwards (Newcastle) or Liam Coleman (Souths) or country.

regards,

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
Below is the team, I believe will be selected for the NSW U16's. It is not my team, but the team likely to be selected given the possibles v probables trial plus Parramatta. Remember, I have not seem every team only some of the teams that played Parramatta. Comments - yes, attacks on me or the team listed - no.

1: Dillon Khoury (Parramatta)
2: Jye Dunning (Illawarra)
3: Sion Mata-Utia (Newcsatle)
4: Robert Jennings (Penrith)
5: Jermaine Mat-Letfi (Parramatta)
6: Jason Vidal (Parramatta)
7: Matt Dufty (St George)
8: Oliver Clarke (Penrith)
9: Joesph Tramontana (Parramatta)
10: Soni Hala (Penrith)
11: Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta)
12: Tevita Pangi (Newcastle)
13: Mark McCormack (Wests)
Depending on whether the following:

If they take 4 front rowers into the 17: Two of the following - Alex Twal (Parra), Wayne Frances (Parra), Mitch Connor (CC) or country. Atleast 1 will be the squad

If they take in 2 additional back rowers: Two of the following - Tom Alome (Parra), Michael Black (Parra), Jamie Hill (Penrith), Mason Cerritto (Wests) or country. Atleast 1 will be in the squad.

There will be a utility bench player - Bayley Sironen (Balmain) or Travis Edwards (Newcastle) or Liam Coleman (Souths) or country.

regards,
Mate i think ur pretty close to the money but the feedback i got from the trial the other night was that manly fullback TOM was outstanding Jackson Hastings outplayed Matt Dufty,jamie hill was good and Travis Edwards was best on the ground so i would think if the trial meant anything they might of played there way in and the only couple i would add to the bench or the starting side Junior Tatola,Hame Sele

stretcher

Juniors
Mate i think ur pretty close to the money but the feedback i got from the trial the other night was that manly fullback TOM was outstanding Jackson Hastings outplayed Matt Dufty,jamie hill was good and Travis Edwards was best on the ground so i would think if the trial meant anything they might of played there way in and the only couple i would add to the bench or the starting side Junior Tatola,Hame Sele
My side would be.
1.TOM TRBOJEVIC
1.DILLON KHOURY
3.SIONE MATAUTAI
4.ROBERT JENNINGS
5.JERMAINE MATI LEIFI
6.TRAVIS EDWARDS
7.JACKSON HASTINGS
8.SONNI HALA
9.JOSEPH TRAMOTANA
10.OLIVER CLARKE
11.JUNIOR TATOLA
12.TEVITA PANGAI
13.TYRELL FUIOMOANO
14.MATT DUFTY
15.ALEX TWAL
16.MASON CERRUTO
17.HAME SELE
18.BAYLEY SIRONEN

magpie4ever

First Grade

I seen this Tom play a trial against Parramatta, outside of his height, i did not really rate him; maybe, he might grab a wing spot.

I believe, Dillon is a certainty even though he is not rated, by many a good expert, as the best fullback for his age in the Parramatta comp but he had a great comp and final series and is a 75% - 80% goal kicker.

Duck63

Juniors

Magpie you have to get your facts right Dufty was selected at 5/8 in the U 15s CCC side at the nationals last year

magpie4ever

First Grade
Magpie you have to get your facts right Dufty was selected at 5/8 in the U 15s CCC side at the nationals last year

I know he played for the President's side as a centre and in the final game against Northern Country he played the 2nd half as a hooker/dummy half; then was selected in the CCC side; so I took it the selectors wanted to look at him in that position. Sorry, if I was wrong for that intrepretation.

Regards,

Duck63

Juniors

Stretcher u cant have been at the trial game because Dufty played 7 and Hastings played 9 and both played outstanding both should make SOO Team

magpie4ever

First Grade
Stretcher u cant have been at the trial game because Dufty played 7 and Hastings played 9 and both played outstanding both should make SOO Team

Duck, you are way off the mark if you believe Joesph Tramontana from Parramatta will not be the No: 9 in the NSW side, they will use the utility benck player if he gets injured during the game; therefore assists Dufty selection chances due to the fact he can go the dummy half if needed.

regards,

Last edited:

Duck63

Juniors
Duck, you are way off the mark if you believe Joesph Tramontana from Parramatta will not be the No: 9 in the NSW side, they will use the utility benck player if he gets injured during the game; therefore assists Dufty selection chances due to the fact he can go the dummy half if needed.

regards,

Sorry 4 ruffling your feathers Magpie i agree Tramontana deserves a chance as well as Hastings,Dufty and Edwards from the knights but that is only my opinion lets wait to see what the men in charge think

Latest posts