What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Under 16's and 18's 2012

stretcher

Juniors
Sorry 4 ruffling your feathers Magpie i agree Tramontana deserves a chance as well as Hastings,Dufty and Edwards from the knights but that is only my opinion lets wait to see what the men in charge think
Has anyone heard what the state side is yet I know parra got pumped today.

stretcher

Juniors
Pumped:lol:; you never give up stretch - 32-24 (6tries v 5 tries). Could be Monday.
Well I heard the score was 32-14 with five minutes left from a good source so yeah pumped was also told Townsville were the guns in that comp but suffered a heap of injuries in game before gf

isaiah

Bench
Well I heard the score was 32-14 with five minutes left from a good source so yeah pumped was also told Townsville were the guns in that comp but suffered a heap of injuries in game before gf

i was sitting in the stand close to the person who told you that on the phone, i heard it.

it was all true, magpies too good all day, the qld reps from the side should shine in the curtain raiser on origin night, too

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I have heard QLD 16's will be very hard to beat. Wish Foxsports televised the match.

Could be a big day for the Jennings family if Robert makes the 16's as expected.

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade

The game ends when the hooter goes; not 5 minutes before.:cool:

But in saying that I reckon the mountain top was reached when Parra beat the pennies and it was downhill after that. Look at the scores in the HM final and on Saturday - defence had gone out the window. The grand final of the HM was a poor quality game compare to the qualifying final.

PD, Robert will be there; don't know Michael should be - if I was Chris Lawrence I would be shaking my head but then again that is Stuart - he has no idea. The success in his coaching career has been due to the playing roster available - not in his coaching ability.

stretcher

Juniors
The game ends when the hooter goes; not 5 minutes before.:cool:

But in saying that I reckon the mountain top was reached when Parra beat the pennies and it was downhill after that. Look at the scores in the HM final and on Saturday - defence had gone out the window. The grand final of the HM was a poor quality game compare to the qualifying final.

PD, Robert will be there; don't know Michael should be - if I was Chris Lawrence I would be shaking my head but then again that is Stuart - he has no idea. The success in his coaching career has been due to the playing roster available - not in his coaching ability.
So what ur saying is that the real gf was parra vs penrith and when 16year old are in front by 18 points with 5mins to go they wouldn't put the cue in the rack they knew they had it won it happens parra had to score four tries to win and considering every set of six is a minute long they would of had no chance with having more than four sets given the Queenslanders would of had a couple of sets as well.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=55073&title=nsw-under-16-team-announcement

The following players have been selected to represent the NSW Under 16’s v QLD Under 16’s at Etihad Stadium on Wednesday 23 May 2012 prior to Game One of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series.
PLAYER - CLUB
Dillon Khoury - Parramatta Eels
Izaac Thompson - St George Dragons
Robert Jennings - Penrith Panthers
Sione Mata’utia - Newcastle Knights
David Sheridan - CRL
Bayley Sironen - Balmain Tigers
Travis Edwards - Newcastle Knights
Soni Hala - Penrith Panthers
Jackson Hastings - Illawarra Steelers
Alex Twal - Parramatta Eels
Tevita Pangai - Newcastle Knights
Tyrell Fuimaono - Parramatta Eels
Mark McCormack - Western Suburbs Magpies
Liam Coleman - South Sydney Rabbitohs
Oliver Clark - Penrith Panthers
Jacob Host - St George Dragons
Jamie Hill - Penrith Panthers
Beau Parry - CRL
COACH: David Howlett – Cronulla Sharks
MANAGER: Glen Vanderwert – Parramatta Eels
TRAINER: Brendan Fernley – Cronulla Sharks
TRAINER: Cameron Thurgate – St George Illawarra Dragons
PHYSIO/TRAINER: Warrick Sainsbury – Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
WELFARE OFFICER: Brian Battese - CRL

Team to assemble at 10am Saturday May 19 for medical and training at the NSWRL Academy at the Narrabeen Academy of Sport.
The team will travel to Melbourne on Monday May 21.
Congratulations to all of the boys on their selection and best of luck for the match!

magpie4ever

First Grade
So what ur saying is that the real gf was parra vs penrith and when 16year old are in front by 18 points with 5mins to go they wouldn't put the cue in the rack they knew they had it won it happens parra had to score four tries to win and considering every set of six is a minute long they would of had no chance with having more than four sets given the Queenslanders would of had a couple of sets as well.

Yeah, I believe whoever won the Parra v Pennies game was going to win the GF of HM.

By the way, Parramatta scored to make it 32 -20 with 6 minutes to go. As I was not there I can't say whether Souths-Logan put the cue in the rack but using your theory Parra pumped Newcastle in the HM grand final as the Knights scored two converted tries in the last 5 minutes.

The disappointment of the HM GF and possibly the national championship (looking at the score) was it was similar to a NYC (Toyota Cup) game: - and that is just crap football. Whereas, the Parra v Penrith game was a classic game of outstanding football.

I named 13 of the 18 selected in the NSW team.:cool:

Surprise 1: Bayley Sironen named in front of Jason Vidal, but big Paul's reputation may have influenced the selectors, same goes for Liam Coleman. I not saying they are not up to it, as I have not seen either boy play outside of the video hightligts

Surprise 2: Joey T being overlooked for the 9 spot.

Still, congraluations to all the young men selected, do your state proud.

Regards,

isaiah

Bench
Yeah, I believe whoever won the Parra v Pennies game was going to win the GF of HM.

By the way, Parramatta scored to make it 32 -20 with 6 minutes to go. As I was not there I can't say whether Souths-Logan put the cue in the rack but using your theory Parra pumped Newcastle in the HM grand final as the Knights scored two converted tries in the last 5 minutes.

The disappointment of the HM GF and possibly the national championship (looking at the score) was it was similar to a NYC (Toyota Cup) game: - and that is just crap football. Whereas, the Parra v Penrith game was a classic game of outstanding football.

Surprise 1: Bayley Sironen named in front of Jason Vidal, but big Paul's reputation may have influenced the selectors, same goes for Liam Coleman. I not saying they are not up to it, as I have not seen either boy play outside of the video hightligts

Regards,

mate i WAS at the game, and they were definately pumped, lol.
qld will have little trouble winning the game v nsw in 16's.

magpie4ever

First Grade
mate i WAS at the game, and they were definately pumped, lol.
qld will have little trouble winning the game v nsw in 16's.

No argument here my man, sounds like Souths-Logan were clearly the better side on the day.

The second part of your comment might be a different story - Blues for mine.

Tizzun

Juniors

Regards,

I think Vidal is a Queenslander.

magpie4ever

First Grade
M4E,

Yes mate, they generally do! From my understanding NSWRL is in contact with the 'Recruitment Manager' of each club and let's the same know of their interest, one of the questions being is the boy injured (if so what is the prognosis etc etc).

Regards,
Tuc

Hey Tucs - where are you? Wouldn't mine having a chat.

stretcher

Juniors

Regards,
i never said parra didnt pump newcastle cause newcastle actually scored three tries in the last 7minutes

magpie4ever

First Grade
well you put up 23 names you are bound to get 50% right i only named 18 players and got 12 right.

Well if I take into account country/ country/ country - it's 15 out of 18:D

Are you having a go at my selection credentials? I even put a Qlder in as 5/8.:?

Last edited:

Latest posts