What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Under 16's and 18's 2012

KAB

Juniors
For what its worth, are they kidding (selectors) Coleman, Siro and Hastings. There are better players out there then those that have been selected. My opinion.

Good luck to them.

Duck63

Juniors
For what its worth, are they kidding (selectors) Coleman, Siro and Hastings. There are better players out there then those that have been selected. My opinion.

Good luck to them.

I agree nice to have a SURNAME !

magpie4ever

First Grade
I agree nice to have a SURNAME !

I know the link with Sironen and Coleman; but are you saying Hastings is Kevin's young bloke. If that's the case then it is not coincidental.

There will be a lot of halves, five eigths and dummy half/hookers seeing the bias in the selection process at an early age.

KAB

Juniors
All I can say the team is not being selected on true merit. Those kids are being lead into wrong sense of self worth. Other players will see that. Other people are seeing that. I hope they prove me wrong. But only time will tell. Politics.
Someone mentioned if Portlock is a selector a Manly player would be selected. I'm glad that did not happen, but if an injury happens it would be interesting to see who comes in. Geez I'm sceptical about it all. What a joke????

Bring next years comp, I can not wait. Bigger Faster Skillful,

The token CRL kid, while a good kid, is probably not even the best U16 in his Group, never mind in the CRL. The other CRL kid is actually playing for Redcliffe, but they didn't want to list a NSW kid as playing for a Qld club. And he's from furthern north than Bowraville so he must be a Queenslander... mustn't he?

Duck63

Juniors
I know the link with Sironen and Coleman; but are you saying Hastings is Kevin's young bloke. If that's the case then it is not coincidental.

There will be a lot of halves, five eigths and dummy half/hookers seeing the bias in the selection process at an early age.

100% Yes

magpie4ever

First Grade

Hey Duck,

That's disappointing. I have not seen young Liam Coleman & Jackson Hastings play and I've only seen Bayley play for Holy Cross against Patrician Blacktown. Holy Cross were clearly outclassed on the day so it was hard to identify player's individual talent. Therefore, not commenting on their talents.

It just seems too coincidental that the sons of three former ARL players are selected when there was so many talent players in their selected positions. This is especially so, that the selectors considered that there was no number 9 from any side considered good enough to represent their state, therefore a halfback was slotted in.

rooster009

Juniors
I have noticed a few comments regards players getting in because of their name in regards jackson hastings he made the australian side over in perth at the school boys games and was close to the best player on the field each time I watch the nsw chs team (i had a son on the ccc nsw team ) and might have even got player of the games he can play as I have only watched him play not the other players that were talked about I can only talk about him but is a great player and I think he do,s deserve his spot thanks

magpie4ever

First Grade
I have noticed a few comments regards players getting in because of their name in regards jackson hastings he made the australian side over in perth at the school boys games and was close to the best player on the field each time I watch the nsw chs team (i had a son on the ccc nsw team ) and might have even got player of the games he can play as I have only watched him play not the other players that were talked about I can only talk about him but is a great player and I think he do,s deserve his spot thanks

Rooster,

I don't disbelieve you regards jackson's talent but he did play the season as a halfback and there was a heap of talented hookers throughout the comp and to jump over every other no:9 is a very big leap.

Regards,

rooster009

Juniors
magpie4ever point taken my son played with jackson at illawarra this season in the trails ( being a country kid only played the start and returned back home )yes joey t from parra was great when we played them but I dont know what the selectors were looking for with jackson because he can play a few positions it might have been enough to get him but I didnt see all other hookers so yes I can understand your point but again selectors look at it different to us thanks rooster

magpie4ever

First Grade
magpie4ever point taken my son played with jackson at illawarra this season in the trails ( being a country kid only played the start and returned back home )yes joey t from parra was great when we played them but I dont know what the selectors were looking for with jackson because he can play a few positions it might have been enough to get him but I didnt see all other hookers so yes I can understand your point but again selectors look at it different to us thanks rooster

Hey Rooster,

That was not Joey T playing hooker when Parra played Illawarra that was my bloke. He opened Illawarra up about 4 times that day but broken down with a back injury in round 7.

Regards,

magpie4ever

First Grade
Rooster, Agree with your summary, it was the selectors call. So good luck to all the boys, hope they put the canetoads to the sword next Wednesday.

rooster009

Juniors
I dont know a few of the young blokes in the side besides jackson and the boys that played in the 15 s ccc side in perth but I wish them the best against the curesed quennslanders but that is the joys of debates everyone gets their say and there is no wrong and right just opinions thanks

magpie4ever

First Grade
magpie4ever was it the trial at cabbramatta your young fella played hooker against illawarra thanks

Can't say, I wasn't at that trial, but he would have had some time at hooker.

I'm talking about Round 1 at the 'gong. You can see a clip of the game at the NSWRL website, videos under Juniors - you see one of his breaks. I know I'm his old man, but he basically turned the game in favour of Parramatta after Illawarra had ran to a comfortable lead.

regards,

rooster009

Juniors
the trial against parra was the last game that I saw ,do you have any idea how they pick the nsw side as we are in group 9 and we haven,t even played our rep games yet but their is 2 crl boys in the side we don,t play our rep games till 2 amd 3 of june so it is a bit unfair to the country kids then they tell me its only harolds mats players but with 2 from crl it is a bit strange if you have any ideas I would like to know thanks rooster

rabbitrabbits

Juniors
the trial against parra was the last game that I saw ,do you have any idea how they pick the nsw side as we are in group 9 and we haven,t even played our rep games yet but their is 2 crl boys in the side we don,t play our rep games till 2 amd 3 of june so it is a bit unfair to the country kids then they tell me its only harolds mats players but with 2 from crl it is a bit strange if you have any ideas I would like to know thanks rooster

FYI, I know 1 of the CRL was chosen from the Cyril Connell cup in QLD and the NSW selectors were in queensland looking at the NSW boys during this competition.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Mate, how can that be fair. Surely all groups should have had rep trials then forwarded a player list for the probables and possibles trial.

Latest posts