What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Under 16's and 18's 2012

KAB

Juniors
Well done to the Boys in Blue last night. By all reports Edwards and Tevita where outstanding. But all put in and deserve a rap.

Scorcher

Juniors
Judging on results of the SG Ball tha make up of the 18's should be something like this total of 18. Putting names is the difficult part, Roosters & Canberra are mostly QLDers

Balmain 3 - Moses 6, Rakvin 12, Farrell 1, Cherrington .9
Canberra 1
Souths 2 - Phillips 3, ??
Roosters 0
Panthers 2 - Cartwright 13, Smith 4
Manly 2 - Gutherson 1, Trjebovik 10
Bulldogs 1 ??
Cronulla 1 ??,
Parra 5 20's players - Masinamua 8,Kamoto, Pritchard , Tanginoa 11 , Pauli 5
CRL or remaining Syd teams 2

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith have both Bryce Cartwright and Chris Smith playing 20's.

Saw this question on Gus Gould's Twitter on the weekend.

"Who do you feel will be the next youngster to emerge as a star at penrith?” Gus' answer was Chris Smith.

Parra also have Pauli Pauli and Kelepi Tanginoa.

stretcher

Juniors
Judging on results of the SG Ball tha make up of the 18's should be something like this total of 18. Putting names is the difficult part, Roosters & Canberra are mostly QLDers

Canberra 1
Roosters 0
Bulldogs 1 ??
Cronulla 1 ??,
Dietz from tigers will be the hooker.

stretcher

Juniors
Penrith have both Bryce Cartwright and Chris Smith playing 20's.

Saw this question on Gus Gould's Twitter on the weekend.

"Who do you feel will be the next youngster to emerge as a star at penrith?” Gus' answer was Chris Smith.

Parra also have Pauli Pauli and Kelepi Tanginoa.
Dallin Watene is the next big thing.

Scorcher

Juniors
Dietz from tigers will be the hooker.

Dietz played for the Roosters SG Ball, he is a very good player but being the year younger I would opt for Cherrington over him. I think he is probably more consistent than Cherrington but Cherrington is a real strike weapon from dummy half.

half_back

Juniors

Canberra 1
Roosters 0
Bulldogs 1 ??
Cronulla 1 ??,

I think my previously posted team pretty much matches this

Possible 18s Team

1. Clinton Gutherson - Manly
2. Halauafa Lavaka- Penrith
3. Tyrone Phillips - Souths
4. Richard Kennar - Melbourne
5. Regan Haika - Manly
6. Mitchell Moses - Balmain
7. Christian Hazard - Souths/Alex Thomas - Roosters/Drew Hutchinson - Illawarra/Robbie Kamoto - Parra
8. Jake Trbojevic - Manly
9. Mania Cherrington - Balmain
10. Frazer Masinamua - Parra
11. Danny Fuaolo - Dogs
12. Kelepi Tanginoa - Parra
13. Bryce Cartwright - Penrith

14. Jake Lawrence - Newcastle
15. Pauli Pauli - Parra
16. Fabian Goodall - Manly
17. Sales Funaki - Balmain

Having not seen alot of the tigers I had Funaki instead of Ravkin, could be a case for either. Think Cherrington will get the gig over Pritchard, Deitz and Natoli who I had I my original team. Haika is injured so Finlay from sharks should get the start on the wing and Smith over Lavaka as the penrith outside back. The dogs rep should be Fuaolo. Lawrence might miss out for a Lolo brother from souths giving them 2 reps. Couldn't find a Canberra player outside the QLDers. Roosters possibly Thomas at half over Kamoto who hasn't been a regular in parra 20s with Seage.

Revised team Possible 18s Team

2. Chris Smith - Penrith
5. Finlay Dibley - Manly
7. Alex Thomas - Roosters or Robbie Kamoto - Parra
11. Danny Fuaolo - Dogs

14. one of the Lolo brothers - Souths
15. Pauli Pauli - Parra
17. Daniel Ravkin - Balmain

Reamer

Juniors
Finlay Dibley has to make the NSW team over Richard Kennar, they played head to head 2 weeks ago in the NYC and Finlay Pushed him over to score his try and easily won the contest. Looked him up and he got Cronullas Player of the year from the wing!Hes a big lad too looks about 6'3

Last edited:

Reamer

Juniors
Any idea when exactly the team will be named? It must be soon. I would assume the boys would go into some sort of camp before the game

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I am assuming the team will be named early next week. With the boys going into camp next Saturday right up until Game Day.

R2Coupe

Juniors
I think my previously posted team pretty much matches this

Possible 18s Team

2. Halauafa Lavaka- Penrith
5. Regan Haika - Manly
7. Christian Hazard - Souths/Alex Thomas - Roosters/Drew Hutchinson - Illawarra/Robbie Kamoto - Parra
11. Danny Fuaolo - Dogs

14. Jake Lawrence - Newcastle
15. Pauli Pauli - Parra
17. Sales Funaki - Balmain

Having not seen alot of the tigers I had Funaki instead of Ravkin, could be a case for either. Think Cherrington will get the gig over Pritchard, Deitz and Natoli who I had I my original team. Haika is injured so Finlay from sharks should get the start on the wing and Smith over Lavaka as the penrith outside back. The dogs rep should be Fuaolo. Lawrence might miss out for a Lolo brother from souths giving them 2 reps. Couldn't find a Canberra player outside the QLDers. Roosters possibly Thomas at half over Kamoto who hasn't been a regular in parra 20s with Seage.

Revised team Possible 18s Team

2. Chris Smith - Penrith
5. Finlay Dibley - Manly
7. Alex Thomas - Roosters or Robbie Kamoto - Parra
11. Danny Fuaolo - Dogs

14. one of the Lolo brothers - Souths
15. Pauli Pauli - Parra
17. Daniel Ravkin - Balmain

With the success of the Tigers this year, having any less than 4 or 5 players in the side would not reflect the quality of the team. Mason Farrell for one has to be in the side at fullback.

Reamer

Juniors
But gutherson is the better player, I'd have him on the bench as utility, he played fullback and five-eight I'm sure he can play anywhere in the backline

Scorcher

Juniors
But gutherson is the better player, I'd have him on the bench as utility, he played fullback and five-eight I'm sure he can play anywhere in the backline

Gutherson has had more rep opportunities than Farrell has had but there wasn't a better fullback in the finals series than Farrell.
I have watched him play for the last 3 years and this year he has continued to improve with every game, I am sure wouldn't let anyone down if selected in the squad.
He played a mix of 5/8 and Fullback in the Matts and has also played a bit of hooker so offers a lot as a utility, he has a very good passing game, is a strong defender, has great hands (doesn't drop bombs), kicks goals and is a quality finisher. He has to be there somewhere IMO.

Latest posts