What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW whinging about the referees.

Here's a novel twist: NSW are having a whinge.

http://www.nrl.com/nsw-want-bill-in-the-box-–-nrl-daily/tabid/10874/newsid/68483/default.aspx

Who'd have thought it would happen. NSW, whinging.

They don't whinge do they?

Isn't it Mal that Sooky Stuart calls a graceless winner? Stuart wouldn't be a whinging loser, would he?

Poor Sooky Stuart. There, there sookums. You can pout and stamp and flail at shadows for 12 months. Then you can come back to Suncorp twice for another dose of medicine.

See ya then.

Dazzat

First Grade
Night follows day.

High tide - low tide.

Thunder then lightning.

NSW Origin loss - Ricky whinging about refs.

Doga

Juniors
Here's a novel twist: NSW are having a whinge.

http://www.nrl.com/nsw-want-bill-in-the-box-–-nrl-daily/tabid/10874/newsid/68483/default.aspx

Who'd have thought it would happen. NSW, whinging.

They don't whinge do they?

Isn't it Mal that Sooky Stuart calls a graceless winner? Stuart wouldn't be a whinging loser, would he?

Poor Sooky Stuart. There, there sookums. You can pout and stamp and flail at shadows for 12 months. Then you can come back to Suncorp twice for another dose of medicine.

See ya then.

Not a single quote from Stuart. Did someone not learn how to read?

Not a single quote from Stuart. Did someone not learn how to read?

Barrett is NSW Assistant Coach. If Stuart wasn't whining about it, Barrett wouldn't. Barrett is publicising what Stuart is saying behind closed doors.

Or if not he is bringing Stuart and NSW into disrepute.

My money is on the fact that everything that Barrett is saying is also being said by Stuart. If I'm wrong Stuart should come out and publicly back the referees and publicly accept the referees decisions as final.

QLD have had to accept some controversial decisions over the years. Mal has been deferential to the refs in those instances. Stuart is either behind all of this, or he needs to come out and publicly state that the referees get the right to interpret the rules the way that they see them and that the teams have to abide the refs interpretation.

If that is the case, the refs have no case to answer, and NSW are whinging. Hence we come back to NSW being a bunch of whingers.

Doga

Juniors
Barrett is NSW Assistant Coach. If Stuart wasn't whining about it, Barrett wouldn't. Barrett is publicising what Stuart is saying behind closed doors.

Or if not he is bringing Stuart and NSW into disrepute.

My money is on the fact that everything that Barrett is saying is also being said by Stuart. If I'm wrong Stuart should come out and publicly back the referees and publicly accept the referees decisions as final.

QLD have had to accept some controversial decisions over the years. Mal has been deferential to the refs in those instances. Stuart is either behind all of this, or he needs to come out and publicly state that the referees get the right to interpret the rules the way that they see them and that the teams have to abide the refs interpretation.

If that is the case, the refs have no case to answer, and NSW are whinging. Hence we come back to NSW being a bunch of whingers.

blah blah blah blah blah

chewbaccadefence.jpg

Paullyboy

Coach
I didn't bother reading that article but assume this is about the hodges try.

I personally hated the decision as it was a shepherd any day of the week and was feeling a bit guilty UNTIL the video ref evened it up with that ridiculous Morris try late in the game (the one where he clearly used the QLD winger in front of him to control the ball and in doing so clearly knocked on).

As such, they have nothing to complain about. Though, as always, they'll completely forget that little square up they got in such a crucial period.

Knightmare

Coach
NSW players and officials have complained about the refs. Qld players and officials have complained about the refs. Only a simpleton (or a brain dead devotee to the News Limited media spin on their own parochial view of the world) would actually believe their Origin team (fans, players, officials etc.) have never whinged about anything...

If the OP thinks Qld can take the high ground, maybe they should ask some of their fellow Maroons fans about the "hand grenade". Then when you finish listening to their response, remember it happened TWELVE years ago...

I think that Stuart should call another meeting of the referees. Just to make sure that they understand how he wants them to interpret the rules.

He and Gallen love to coach the refs on how they should be doing their job. But, that's not whinging.

Prior to Stuart's tenure, I can't recall hearing that the coach had called for a meeting with the refs. Mal has asked for the same after Stuart has been in their ear, but that is only fair that he should be given the same consideration.

What is it with Sooky and his Gal's infatuation with the refs?

Knightmare

Coach
Referees generally are more leniant on a side which is expected to win. It's not an anti Qld/ NSW thing, but secondary nature. A Parramatta player is more likely to be penalised for a grubby play than a Storm player.

With Qld's success, they are more likely to get away with anything in the 'grey area' than a NSW player, because Qld are expected to win. Hence, Sticky and Gal are trying to keep the refs alert of this, as it's easy for them to be lulled into it. If NSW had been winning Origins, Mal would be doing exactly the same thing...

Hutty1986

Immortal
I didn't bother reading that article but assume this is about the hodges try.

I personally hated the decision as it was a shepherd any day of the week and was feeling a bit guilty UNTIL the video ref evened it up with that ridiculous Morris try late in the game (the one where he clearly used the QLD winger in front of him to control the ball and in doing so clearly knocked on).

As such, they have nothing to complain about. Though, as always, they'll completely forget that little square up they got in such a crucial period.

LOL!! Nothing sus about the j moz try, clutching at straws deluxe there. Just upset boyd showed his usual lack of commitment

Paullyboy

Coach
Haha thank you for proving my point. If you can't see that he juggled the ball forward into the QLD player than you are more deluded/conveniently forgetful than anyone else and should refrain from commenting on controversial decisions.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Haha thank you for proving my point. If you can't see that he juggled the ball forward into the QLD player than you are more deluded/conveniently forgetful than anyone else and should refrain from commenting on controversial decisions.

Funnily enough, there hasnt been another mention of the morris try...i wonder why? Fair try, there wasnt a knock on there.

Bretto

Bench
From your fellow qld fan you mean?

It's all a bit ridiculous. Ricky Stuart calling a private meeting with the referees... Wtf for Ricky? Move on. The 5 million threads from NSW fans complaining about the refs, then the 1 thread about the NSW fans whinging bout the refs.

Latest posts