What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2009

girvie

Staff member
Norths 28 - Western Acadamy 20 in SG Ball.

Anyone have other SG Ball results?

rambo1

Juniors
SG Ball - Balmain 25 def Para 18 after Para led 18-0 in the second half. Disgraceful right hand side defence by Para. Tigers played well and deserve win.

HM Para 46 def Tigers 0

footyboy7

Juniors
SG Ball - Balmain 25 def Para 18 after Para led 18-0 in the second half. Disgraceful right hand side defence by Para. Tigers played well and deserve win.

HM Para 46 def Tigers 0

Any stand out players? From the SG Ball Balmain Tigers/Parra Eels upset.

Kurt200

Juniors
Central Coast beat South Sydney 24-10 in HM and 34-6 in SG. I think its the 2nd win in a row for the sg ball team who have bounced back after a bad loss to the bulldogs afew rounds ago which is great to see.

Fin077

Juniors
SG Ball

Bulldogs 34
Sharks 28

Harold Matts was also won by the Dogs 26-6 or something like that.

rambo1

Juniors
http://www.ourfootyteam.com/news_09.php#rnd7Wrap280309a

GALLANT TIGERS CHEW UP SOFT EELS

The mighty Balmain Tigers SG Ball team have produced the upset of the season by defeating the competition favourites the Parramatta Eels 25 - 18 at Cabramatta Sports Ground yesterday.

The Eels have been dubbed the “quarter million dollar team” this year because of their eight costly imports but one disgruntled supporter said on making a hasty exit from the stadium, “I wouldn’t pay two bob for this mob.”

Meanwhile seasoned Tiger supporters were reminiscing about 1969 when the Balmain club produced one of the greatest upsets in NRL history by defeating the great South Sydney team in the grand final. One elated supporter said to me, “They did us proud.”

The Eels led 18-0 at one stage in the second half and looked to have the game in the bag after trys to wingers Ulugia and Taufua and five eight Jason Wehbe.
Even at that stage the score did not reflect the evenness of the contest. Balmain was giving as good as they were getting.

What we witnessed then was the greatest capitulation since Britain fled Singapore in WW2.

The Parramatta boys under significant pressure from the Tigers offence gave up their tryline and allowed Balmain to cross their line five times in the second half.

The cracks started to appear in the Parramatta team last week after Cronulla exposed their right side defence.
The Eels led 26 - 10 at half time in that game and came within a whisker of defeat then.

The right hand side in Parramatta’s defence was again their nemesis yesterday. Numerous times Tigers winger Faleula Finau was found in space.

This boy can motor. He scored 5 trys against WSAS a few weeks back and he scored another two yesterday.
He would not be out of place in the NSW under 18 team to be picked later this season.

Also contributing significantly to the Balmain victory yesterday were two players from the Parramatta Harold Matthews team in 2007, half back Daniel Mahoney and centre Blake Williams who now proudly wear the Tigers colours.

Mahoney led the team around the paddock well with long passes and his organisational ability. While his kicking game was ordinary he had a good game in attack.

Williams scored two trys and red-faced Eels officials were left wondering why they let two local juniors go and instead bring in eight imports from far and wide.

The Balmain team is well coached by their former NRL star David Brooks but he must be scratching his head at his team’s enigmatic performances.

They have beaten Parramatta, WSAS, Western Suburbs and Souths but have fallen to Manly, Cronulla and St George so far this season. Have they turned the corner to become a threat to the title? I think so.

As for Parramatta PK has heard from the highly secretive Eels bunker that changes will be made for next week’s game against Melbourne Storm.

Players on the right hand side of defence will surely come under coach Mick Lewis’s microscope.

Lewis and his coaching staff are frustrated that senior players are not following the game plan and this has eventuated in the below par performances the past two weeks.

The Eels are a good team and will bounce back.

PK’S BEST AND FAIREST:
3 – Daniel Mahoney Tigers half back
2 - Faleula Finau Tigers winger
1 – Patrick Politoni Tigers five eight

BALMAIN 25 (F Finau 2 B Williams 2 tries P Politoni try J Nicholas 2 goals J Nicholas field goal) bt PARRAMATTA 18 (C Ulugia J Taufua J Wehbe tries J Tavita 3 goals)

HAROLD MATTHEWS CUP

The Eels were too good for the Tigers winning 46-0.
Parramatta representative fullback Jacob Gagen was again the star after scoring three trys.

His speed was a standout highlight of a one sided game where the Tigers were no match for their much-vaunted opposition.

The Eels offence was on fire yesterday but it will be their outstanding defence that should be talked about in the dressing room this week.

Keeping the Tigers score to a duck egg was a great performance by the Parramatta players who showed great commitment to keeping their line free of trys.

On many occasions last ditch and scrambling defence was needed to repel the Balmain attacks on their line.
Parramatta is starting to look like premiership material.

Only time will tell. Balmain was their own worst enemy yesterday where discipline let them down badly.

Let’s hope Tigers officials censure their young captain Kyle Lovett who was clearly heard by the crowd in the grandstand yell to his players, “Let’s take their f...... heads off.”

If we could hear it in the grandstand why couldn’t the match officials hear it and take appropriate action?

There is no place in the junior representatives for this type of behaviour. Not the best example of leadership Mr Lovett.

PK’S BEST AND FAIREST :
3 – Jacob Gagen Eels fullback
2 – Josh Neale Eels prop
1 – Junior Paulo Eels prop

PARRAMATTA 46 (J Gagan 3 T Errington 2 J Neale 2 D Golding tries S McGuinness 7 goals) bt BALMAIN 0

eats2win

Juniors
I have watched th Newtown Sg Ball side quite a few times this year and i think they are the best drilled side in the comp. They have 3 players that are under 18 and the rest made up of under 17 players. Their coach has done a great job this year

juuniorfan

Juniors
I have watched th Newtown Sg Ball side quite a few times this year and i think they are the best drilled side in the comp. They have 3 players that are under 18 and the rest made up of under 17 players. Their coach has done a great job this year

Geez cant tell your an Easts fan.
This is my first post on this forum, I went to school in Canterbury region and finished two years ago and I follow the Dogs Sg Ball and Toyota cup side alot because i know most of the players.

But i must say your opinion is very biased, yes they are doing a very good job but I also saw what your wrote about Jacob Miller, I guess your entitled to your opinion but do you need to be so biased!!

eats2win

Juniors
Geez cant tell your an Easts fan.
This is my first post on this forum, I went to school in Canterbury region and finished two years ago and I follow the Dogs Sg Ball and Toyota cup side alot because i know most of the players.

But i must say your opinion is very biased, yes they are doing a very good job but I also saw what your wrote about Jacob Miller, I guess your entitled to your opinion but do you need to be so biased!!
\

You obviously have not watched much of Jacob Miller this year playing in the halves if you think my opinion is biased

juuniorfan

Juniors
\

You obviously have not watched much of Jacob Miller this year playing in the halves if you think my opinion is biased

I have actually and he is good, but obviously haven't been watching the other halves around the competition, like Josh Murray.
Didn't take anything away from Jacob!

scruffy

Juniors
I have watched the Jets more than a few times this year and they are one of the form teams at present. Their back row Cordner, Atkinson, Cherrington, Ehsman etc is one of the most talented and skilled in the comp and the platform for their success, their halves run hot and cold and were their biggest problem through the lean patch of rds 4 and 5. Jacob Miller is a good #7 but might be more suited to #6 or in the centres. When they play balanced offensive footy they are very hard to beat. Plenty of future 20's players in this team. And yes they are very young in age bit generally don't play that way, I agree they look well coached.:)

lifesgood

Juniors
I have watched the Jets more than a few times this year and they are one of the form teams at present. Their back row Cordner, Atkinson, Cherrington, Ehsman etc is one of the most talented and skilled in the comp and the platform for their success, their halves run hot and cold and were their biggest problem through the lean patch of rds 4 and 5. Jacob Miller is a good #7 but might be more suited to #6 or in the centres. When they play balanced offensive footy they are very hard to beat. Plenty of future 20's players in this team. And yes they are very young in age bit generally don't play that way, I agree they look well coached.:)

I agree with you, I have only seen them twice but both times they looked well drilled. I Have also been surprised at how well the Dragons are going, they are defintly well drilled as well, most Nal Wijesekera sides are.
I do follow the doggies and have been to all their games beside the road trips, and i must say their backrow is just as good as any others in the comp.
Chris Thomas, Dale Finucane, Lachlan Burr have been awesome. Josh Gill has been played their a few times (although i believe is a bettter hooker) is an awesome player as well.
Their halves arent as stable, Liam Ayoub being the only one that played all of their games. But once Nathan Massey comes back and Aiden Sezer can stay in the side those three will form an awesome combination and hopefully get some combinations going in the finals. Also their centre pairing would have to be the best in the comp. Ali Hijazi has scored in everygame this year and is leading pointscorer, and Ratu Tagive is just a good solid player who doesnt make many mistakes and reads the play execeptionally well in defence.
I think if they can keep the same side in and build combinations they will cause a major threat along with Newtown, Parra, St George and Penrith.

juuniorfan

Juniors
Scruffy and Lifesgood both made very good opinions.
I think the dogs are struggling with injuries, Newtown are very well drilled, Parra are always very good at the beginning of the year but most of the time Choke at the wrong time, and the Dragons (and im going to quote what lifesgood said)defintly well drilled as well, most Nal Wijesekera sides are. Don't write off the Panthers, the knights and the sharks!!!