What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2009

lifesgood

Juniors
not the dragons?

Dragons are looking quite the goods, and I think what i said about Newtown was right, Dogs and Newtown have both been struggling against bad sides, but the Dogs have ended up winning them games, I can't remember who said they dont have the smarts and Newtown were a better side this proves it. But i can also say now Newton and Dogs both need to pick up their games, Otherwise this is just a one team comp in Parra

Dragons are looking very good and dominating, I can give you one good reason, their coach, Nal Wijesekera!! He is an absolute freak of nature!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I can give you one good reason, their coach, Nal Wijesekera!! He is an absolute freak of nature!

Being Sri Lankan myself i still can't come to terms with the success Sri Lankan man has had in Rugby League. Cricket wouldnt surprise me, but Rugby League!

Fin077

Juniors
Dragons are looking quite the goods, and I think what i said about Newtown was right, Dogs and Newtown have both been struggling against bad sides, but the Dogs have ended up winning them games, I can't remember who said they dont have the smarts and Newtown were a better side this proves it. But i can also say now Newton and Dogs both need to pick up their games, Otherwise this is just a one team comp in Parra

Dragons are looking very good and dominating, I can give you one good reason, their coach, Nal Wijesekera!! He is an absolute freak of nature!

Hmmm...wouldnt personally go that far. Good coach, but has his not-so-good points.

Good luck to him though.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
I believe Nal W had a position at Wests before Rd 1. If he was that good, why would Wests let him go?
At this point, I'd call him a good coach. If St George win the comp, I,ll settle with freak.

lifesgood

Juniors
I believe Nal W had a position at Wests before Rd 1. If he was that good, why would Wests let him go?
At this point, I'd call him a good coach. If St George win the comp, I,ll settle with freak.

Wests only gave him an assistant coach position, and St George offered him the head coach. Which position would you take?

His a very good coach, I got carried away a little lol.

But consider this, Had the harold matthes for 3 years at the Bulldogs. Lost one game in the first two years, which just unlucky was the grand final. Last year he took the harold matthews side to the semi final who in their first two rounds drew with norths and st george, two of the bottom five teams.
And now obviously the dragons are never to strong, they have defeated the sharks by 20, and the storm by 60.
:D:D
And if you think about last years Dogs sg ball side, it was made out of the two undefeated harold matthews side, and somehow they lost in the semi final? yes they finished first, but with a fairly easy draw

isaiah

Bench

after losing their last two, the jets have a must win v titans.
titans without ryan james who moves up to help the 20's
i think the titans can finish 4th or 5th and make the second week of the semis. i think the titan's 16's can make the gf.

rambo1

Juniors
Parramatta have lost big Queensland second rower Pat O'Hanlon to the Toyota Cup team. He will be missed. His replacement is Krys Freeman the son of former Kiwi international and Fox Sports commentator Gary Freeman.

He is smaller in stature than O'Hanlon but has a big heart and plenty of mongrel. And he's a redhead!

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Wests only gave him an assistant coach position, and St George offered him the head coach. Which position would you take?

His a very good coach, I got carried away a little lol.

But consider this, Had the harold matthes for 3 years at the Bulldogs. Lost one game in the first two years, which just unlucky was the grand final. Last year he took the harold matthews side to the semi final who in their first two rounds drew with norths and st george, two of the bottom five teams.
And now obviously the dragons are never to strong, they have defeated the sharks by 20, and the storm by 60.
:D:D
And if you think about last years Dogs sg ball side, it was made out of the two undefeated harold matthews side, and somehow they lost in the semi final? yes they finished first, but with a fairly easy draw

Unarguably a good record.
What other Rep coaches match or better Nal's results?

Old Faithful

Juniors
Har Mats FT Roosters 14 G Coast 14 Ht 6-6
Roosters missed last conversion from infront & an easy FG good game Titans halvesall class IMO

half_back

Juniors
Manly were disappointing going down to the Panthers in Matts. Way too much drop ball from them otherwise it would have been quite competitive 5 tries to 3. Manly were completely outclassed in the Ball by the Panther s who are now starting to hit thier straps after a slow start to the year.

rambo1

Juniors
HM's Parramatta def Cronulla 30-4
SGB Parramatta def Cronulla 30-28

In Ball Cronulla led 28-26 with 3 minutes to go

HM's scores
16-16 all Souths & Canberra
Wests 40 Balmain 14
Bulldogs 26 Newcastle 20

Fin077

Juniors
SG Ball

Knights 40
Dogs 40

Newcastle led by 18 with less than 10 to go I think.

Dogs kicked a conversion from the touchline to bring it to 40 all.

girvie

Staff member
SG Ball - St George beat Norths 28-22

Dragons remain undefeated but I don't think they will push Canterbury or Parramatta. Norths would have beaten them if we were on our game.

Harold Matthews - St George beat Norths 26-10

Old Faithful

Juniors
H/matts: Roosters 12 Manly 16 (HT 0-10). Roosters were awful in first half in attack (about 1 completion) but defended superbly. Manly got out to 16-0 about ten from the end. Roosters put three tries on in last five minutes and if the game had gone five more minutes would have won. Jamil Hopoate (one of John's kids and nice to see the man at the game) was outstanding for Manly.

Latest posts