What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2009

junior fan

Juniors
HM top 12

Dogs
Parra
Manly
G Coast
Newcastle
Wests
Cronulla
Penrith
C Coast
St George
Roosters
Souths

So next wk as follows

Dogs v Souths
Parra v Roosters
Manly v Saints
G Coast v C Coast
Newcastle v Penrith
Wests v Cronulla

Last edited:

micro

Juniors
:sarcasm::sarcasm:
HM top 12

Dogs
Parra
Manly
G Coast
Newcastle
Wests
Cronulla
Penrith
C Coast
St George
Roosters
Souths

So next wk as follows

Dogs v Souths
Parra v Roosters
Manly v Saints
G Coast v C Coast
Newcastle v Penrith
Wests v Cronulla
i think you will find Penrith ahead of Cronulla on %. Sharks remain on 10 pts, only 5 wins. Tigers in 12th on %, wsas 0-64 put them in 13th.
penrith vs Wests
Newcastle v Cronulla
Dogs v Tigers

junior fan

Juniors
Ball is

Saints
Parra
Dogs
G Coast
Melbourne
Newtown
Tigers
Knights
Panthers
Steelers
Sharks
Manly

So next wk
Saints v Manly (in both grades)
Parra v Sharks
Steelers v Dogs
Penrith v G Coast
Newcastle v Melbourne
Jets v Tigers

junior fan

Juniors
:sarcasm::sarcasm:
i think you will find Penrith ahead of Cronulla on %. Sharks remain on 10 pts, only 5 wins. Tigers in 12th on %, wsas 0-64 put them in 13th.
penrith vs Wests
Newcastle v Cronulla
Dogs v Tigers

My bad. League news listed Cronulla on 10 pts prior to this round, so with the win I had them on 12. Souths should grab 12th though with a massive win over swas and beat both wsas and tigers to it.

Last edited:

Fin077

Juniors
SG Ball finals match-ups;

St George V Manly
Parramatta V Cronulla
Canterbury V Illawarra
Melbourne V Penrith
Gold Coast V Newcastle
Newtown V Balmain

Old Faithful

Juniors
Huge effort by the Roosters to make HM finals having to play 6 of the Top 7 teams as it turned out, and that's after not having a team until everyone else had started training after the Roosters club changed their mind on not having a team. Well done to everybody, especially some very committed boys and parents. See if we can upset these Eels next week and sneak a trip to Queensland.

lifesgood

Juniors
Ball is

Saints
Parra
Dogs
G Coast
Melbourne
Newtown
Tigers
Knights
Panthers
Steelers
Sharks
Manly

So next wk
Saints v Manly (in both grades)
Parra v Sharks
Steelers v Dogs
Penrith v G Coast
Newcastle v Melbourne
Jets v Tigers

Melbourne won and gold coast lost today, which means melbourne finish fourth
And Also think you will find that Illawarra jump penrith on percantages, Penrith losing convincingly and Illawarra winning convincingly in the last round.

So Saints 1 VS Manly 12
Parra 2 VS Sharks 11
Dogs 3 Vs Penrith 10
Storm 4 Vs Illawarra 9
Titans 5 Vs Newcastle 8
Jets 6 VS Tigers 7

Fin077

Juniors
First week of the finals is being played at Campbelltown Stadium, CUA Stadium in Penrith and Henson Park.

junior fan

Juniors
The draw is as follows

Saturday, 18th April 2009

Venue
Campbelltown Stadium
SG Ball Bulldogs (1) v South Sydney (12) 10.00am

H Matthews Bulldogs (3) v Penrith (10) 11.30am

H Matthews Western Suburbs (6) v Penrith (7) 1.00pm

H Matthews St George (9) v Manly (3) 2.30pm

SG Ball St George (1) v Manly (12) 4.00pm

Venue
CUA Stadium
SG Ball Newtown (6) v Balmain (7) 11.00am

H Matthews Parramatta (2) v Sydney Roosters JL (11) 12.30pm

SG Ball Parramatta (2) v Cronulla (11) 2.00pm

Venue
Henson Park
H Matthews Gold Coast (4) v Central Coast (9) 10.30am

SG Ball Gold Coast (5) v Newcastle (8) 12noon

H Matthews Cronulla (8) v Newcastle (5) 1.30pm

SG Ball Melbourne (4) v Illawarra (9) 3.00pm

slavetothevibe

Juniors
The junior reps finals are gona be exciting this weekend arent they?

I feel sorry for the top 4 who have to play the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th teams, one loss, one bad day and they are out!!! Surely another system could be devised. If I were a coach or player at one of the lower teams, I would feel no pressure coming into this game and just play footy without a care in the world. My money is on an upset somewhere

Lets look at the Matts first, Parra and Bulldogs (I have seen both) are by far the two best teams in the comp and should be ok, although the Roosters have some footy in them with Antonelli at 7 and with some pace out wide, they can score tries from anywhere, if they get it together............

The two DANGER GAMES for mine are Manly v St George and Gold Coast v Central Coast. I have not seen Manly or St George this year but I am told that Manly are small and St George are massive. Most people I have spoken to who have come up against Manly have said that they are nothing special, they have been lucky in some games and if you see their scorelines, they have not smashed anyone. They must have something to have finished 3rd but, these two teams played each other last week and it was close so.........it's all on in this game for my money.

Gold coast have had trouble travelling. They clicked last week against Western Academy but they are one inconsistent team. The Central Coast are quite a good footy side, and I will be an interested spectator at good olg HENSON PARK.

I cannot see the Sharks beating the Knights because Sharkies have been found wanting in the big games but I think a humdinger of a game will be Wests v Penrith and I think the team playing in black will win!! (ha ha)

So my tips for the quarter finals are...........

Bulldogs, Parra, Manly (just), Gold Coast (just), Penrith and Knights. It will be a Dogs Parra GF which Dogs will win at a canter.

In the SG Ball, I think this is a tighter comp. I think any of the top 4 can win it. St george have had a great season but have some stern tests coming up. The wheels appear to have fallen off Manly since round 3 so lets tip St George by a cricket score there and the bulldogs should cater for penrith.

Balmain are the smokies for me, they have beaten a couple of sides and Newtown have been inconsistent so i will tip Balmain here , I also think Gold Coast, Parra and Melbourne will reign supreme.

Any one else wanna challenge my tips???

juuniorfan

Juniors
The junior reps finals are gona be exciting this weekend arent they?

I feel sorry for the top 4 who have to play the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th teams, one loss, one bad day and they are out!!! Surely another system could be devised. If I were a coach or player at one of the lower teams, I would feel no pressure coming into this game and just play footy without a care in the world. My money is on an upset somewhere

Lets look at the Matts first, Parra and Bulldogs (I have seen both) are by far the two best teams in the comp and should be ok, although the Roosters have some footy in them with Antonelli at 7 and with some pace out wide, they can score tries from anywhere, if they get it together............

The two DANGER GAMES for mine are Manly v St George and Gold Coast v Central Coast. I have not seen Manly or St George this year but I am told that Manly are small and St George are massive. Most people I have spoken to who have come up against Manly have said that they are nothing special, they have been lucky in some games and if you see their scorelines, they have not smashed anyone. They must have something to have finished 3rd but, these two teams played each other last week and it was close so.........it's all on in this game for my money.

Gold coast have had trouble travelling. They clicked last week against Western Academy but they are one inconsistent team. The Central Coast are quite a good footy side, and I will be an interested spectator at good olg HENSON PARK.

I cannot see the Sharks beating the Knights because Sharkies have been found wanting in the big games but I think a humdinger of a game will be Wests v Penrith and I think the team playing in black will win!! (ha ha)

So my tips for the quarter finals are...........

Bulldogs, Parra, Manly (just), Gold Coast (just), Penrith and Knights. It will be a Dogs Parra GF which Dogs will win at a canter.

In the SG Ball, I think this is a tighter comp. I think any of the top 4 can win it. St george have had a great season but have some stern tests coming up. The wheels appear to have fallen off Manly since round 3 so lets tip St George by a cricket score there and the bulldogs should cater for penrith.

Balmain are the smokies for me, they have beaten a couple of sides and Newtown have been inconsistent so i will tip Balmain here , I also think Gold Coast, Parra and Melbourne will reign supreme.

Any one else wanna challenge my tips???

Mate you know what you are talking about and have some real good thoughts!!!!

In the Harold matthews, unless something bizarre happens it is two team competition! Parra and the Dogs look unbeatable, and if that is the grand final, what a game it will be. What is going to help the dogs is that they have five or six players that played harold matthews last year. But all Parra teams are tough and never know whats going to happen!
And realyl anything can happen in knock out semi's.
I agree with you on the sharks, they have the potential but just seem to lose control against the good sides.
The dragons are my upset for the weekend.

My tips for this weekends games are:
Dogs, Parra, Dragons, Penrith, Newcastle, Gold Coast

In the SG Ball, It really is a much tigher competition. The Dragons have had a very good season, but looked like they were going to crumble towards the end of the year, but proved how good they were with the win against Manly. As well as parra, they were looking shaky with a loss against Balmain and escaping with wins against Cronulla and Melbourne.
The Dogs were scrappy all year, Me being a doggies fan have watched most of their games. But looks like they have found form at the right time of the year and have all their players back at the right time of year. I would of loved to see them verse Parra in the grand final but unfortunately with them both finishing second and third I dont think it can happen. Cronulla are the same as they are in harold matthews, Very unpredictable. And Balmain and Newtown were both my smokies so I think they can both cause major upsets after one or the other knocks eachother out.
Gold coast and Melbourne will struggle to travel. And I know Penrith got smashed by the dogs dont write them off.
My tips are:
Dragons, Dogs, Parra, Newcastle, Balmain, Melbourne

rambo1

Juniors
http://www.ourfootyteam.com/news_09.php#talentedTrioInGrp11150409a

JNR REPS QUARTER FINALS DRAW FOR NEXT WEEK

Story By: pk /

Looking ahead to next weeks quarter finals ourfootyteam.com can advise our readers that it will look something like the following.

While the top twelve teams in the Harold Matthews Cup and SG Ball fight out to remain in contention for next week, Queensland is also going through their process of deciding in order which two of their teams join the NSW clubs in the quarter finals.

Norths Devils (Southern Conference) will fight it out against Townsville Stingers (Northern Conference) in both the Cyril Connell Cup (under 16) and Mal Meninga Cup (under 18) this weekend.

From these games the two runners up will travel to Sydney next week and play against the winners of Saturday’s NSW games St George (1st) v Manly (12th) in SG Ball and Bulldogs (1st) v Souths (12th) in Harold Matthews.

The two winners in Queensland will host the winners of these two NSW games, Parramatta (2nd) v Cronulla (11th) in SG Ball and Parramatta (2nd) v Roosters (11th) in Harold Matthews.

So not only are the boys in those teams playing for a quarter final spot but also a trip to sunny Queensland! Ahh....Queensland. Beautiful one day – perfect the next!

Then we will have the other NSW teams fighting it out in the other matches. In Harold Matthews the winner of Manly (3rd) v Dragons (10th) will play the winner of Western Suburbs (6th) v Penrith (7th) while the winner of Gold Coast (4th) v Central Coast (9th) will play the winner of Newcastle (5th) v Cronulla (8th).

In SG Ball it will look like this. The winner of Bulldogs (3rd) v Penrith (10th) will play the winner of Newtown (6th) v Balmain (7th) while the winner of Melbourne (4th) v Illawarra (9th) will play the winner of Gold Coast (5th) v Newcastle (8th).

Many thanks to the Queensland Rugby League for assisting us with this information.

isaiah

Bench
Mate you know what you are talking about and have some real good thoughts!!!!

In the Harold matthews, unless something bizarre happens it is two team competition! Parra and the Dogs look unbeatable, and if that is the grand final, what a game it will be. What is going to help the dogs is that they have five or six players that played harold matthews last year. But all Parra teams are tough and never know whats going to happen!
And realyl anything can happen in knock out semi's.
I agree with you on the sharks, they have the potential but just seem to lose control against the good sides.
The dragons are my upset for the weekend.

My tips for this weekends games are:
Dogs, Parra, Dragons, Penrith, Newcastle, Gold Coast

In the SG Ball, It really is a much tigher competition. The Dragons have had a very good season, but looked like they were going to crumble towards the end of the year, but proved how good they were with the win against Manly. As well as parra, they were looking shaky with a loss against Balmain and escaping with wins against Cronulla and Melbourne.
The Dogs were scrappy all year, Me being a doggies fan have watched most of their games. But looks like they have found form at the right time of the year and have all their players back at the right time of year. I would of loved to see them verse Parra in the grand final but unfortunately with them both finishing second and third I dont think it can happen. Cronulla are the same as they are in harold matthews, Very unpredictable. And Balmain and Newtown were both my smokies so I think they can both cause major upsets after one or the other knocks eachother out.
Gold coast and Melbourne will struggle to travel. And I know Penrith got smashed by the dogs dont write them off.
My tips are:
Dragons, Dogs, Parra, Newcastle, Balmain, Melbourne

sorry, but titans to beat the knights in ball, comfortably

Fin077

Juniors
SG Ball

Bulldogs 46
Panthers 22

Parra 38
Sharks 22

I believe Dogs also won the Matts. I dont have a score but it was fairly comfortable.

Latest posts