What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSWRL Junior Reps 2009

roopy

Referee
I would love to know the scores in this trial. Parramatta play Newcastle next Saturday in their first trial.
Where is that held? - might go if it's in Newcastle.
I would have gone to the Wyong one, but didn't know it was on - only 10 minutes from my place dammit.

girvie

Staff member
Harold Matthews
Bears and Easts - first 3 (15-20 minute games) were equal on tries, 4th quarter Bears win by 1 try.

SG Ball
Bears and Newtown - first, third and fifth games won by Newtown, second and fourth games won by Bears.

rambo1

Juniors
I would love to know the scores in this trial. Parramatta play Newcastle next Saturday in their first trial.

I understand Newcastle flogged Manly in HM's and in Ball it was pretty even.

My mate told me that Newcastle's HM's team are sensational and it wouldn't surprise him if they took the title this season - such was the demolition job they did on the Sea Eagles. Makes this Saturday's trial vs Parramatta interesting!

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Yesterdays trial between Wests & Souths H/Matts saw a scrappy 1st period with both sides guilty of turning over possession, Souths being worst of the two. Wests showed they have a strong pack and finished 4 tries to nil in the first period. In the 2nd period Souths controlled possession a bit better. They showed they could attack & the 2nd period ended at 2 tries all.
Souths then played SWSAS with Souths winning both periods comfortably.
All in all, a good first run for the year for all.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
I see Qld have a 16's & 18's "Jnr Reps"competition. I have never noticed it before. Is it new? I'm happy to see the Titans run around in the NSW Jnr Reps, they add a bit more interest to our comp, but being a Qld club why don"t they play within the Qld structure?
Appologies for my ignorance on Qld structures.

roopy

Referee
I understand Newcastle flogged Manly in HM's and in Ball it was pretty even.

My mate told me that Newcastle's HM's team are sensational and it wouldn't surprise him if they took the title this season - such was the demolition job they did on the Sea Eagles. Makes this Saturday's trial vs Parramatta interesting!
Some big names in the Newcastle Mats side this year - Willie Mason's brother, Kade Snowden's brother, younger brother of Clydesdale of Penrith (grandson of Kangaroo Don Adams) also a grandson of wests legend 'Mad Mick' Alchin and a few other sons of former firstgraders i can't remember for now, and some good players back from last year, including big Jeremy M'aa who was near unstoppable near the line last year.
Newcastle usually don't do too well in Mats, but last year's team was one of the best i've seen, and apparently they had a very high quality group roll up for trials this year.

girvie

Staff member
I see Qld have a 16's & 18's "Jnr Reps"competition. I have never noticed it before. Is it new? I'm happy to see the Titans run around in the NSW Jnr Reps, they add a bit more interest to our comp, but being a Qld club why don"t they play within the Qld structure?
Appologies for my ignorance on Qld structures.

They have started a U16s and U18s competition for 2009. If it's successful i suspect the Titans might play in the Qld comp in 2010.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Thanks Girvie. Had I read your first post better ( I missed the last line ) I would have been better informed.
Yesterdays trial between Souths & Wests SGBall At Erko Oval was a pretty even affair. It was played over 4 X 20 min periods and would have blown some cobwebs off both sides.
1st period : 1 try all. 2nd period : Wests 3 tries to nil.
3rd period : Souths 2 tries to nil. 4th period : 2 tries all.

rambo1

Juniors
Parramatta vs Newcastle Saturday 24 January 2009
Ringrose Park
Cumberland Highway Wentworthville
(Please note change of venue from Cabra)

U'15 Development Squad - 1.30 pm
Harold Matthews - 3.30 pm
SG Ball - 5.30 pm

Stagger eel

Staff member
Rugby League makes its return in the Parramatta district for 2009 tomorrow, Saturday 24 January, with the Pirtek Parramatta Eels SG Ball, Harold Matthews Cup and Under 15 development squads all involved in trials against Newcastle at Ringrose Park Wentworthville.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The under 15’s match kicks off the action from 1.30pm, with Matthews Cup at 3.30 and SG Ball at 5.30.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The 2009 squads have been in training since November last year under head coaches Mick Lewis (SG Ball) & Chris Bradbury (Harold Matthews Cup). [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Both coaches have come through the Eels development pathway, with Lewis promoted to SG Ball after clinching the Matthews Cup title in 2008. Bradbury returns to the Eels after spending last season with the Western Sydney Academy.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trials against Newcastle on Saturday and Illawarra next week will determine which players make the cut for the 2009 District Representative season.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Newcastle & Illawarra are traditionally very strong opposition in both competitions so the trials will gives us a fair gauge to see where we are at so far in 2009,” Eels Development & District Teams Coordinator Ben Rogers said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We have very high quality squads of 45 players in both Matts & Ball, it's going to come down to the first two weeks of trials to see who is successful.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We'll take around 23 or 24 players in each squad and those squads have a final trial against Manly before kicking off the season proper against Illawarra in Wollongong on February 14.”[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Entry is Free, and all Eels supporters are encouraged to get along and support their teams.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Eels district representative trial schedule for 2009 is as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009 DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVE TRIAL FIXTURES[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday 24 January 2009, Ringrose Park, Wentworthville[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.30pm: Under 15’s Development Squad v Newcastle
3.30pm: Harold Matthews Cup v Newcastle
5.30pm: SG Ball v Newcastle[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday 31 January 2009, WIN Stadium No. 2, Wollongong[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3pm: Harold Matthews Cup v Illawarra
5pm: SG Ball v Illawarra[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday 7 February 2009, Ringrose Park, Wentworthville[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6pm: Harold Matthews Cup v Manly
7.30pm: SG Ball v Manly
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://parraeels.com.au/news/news1957.shtml
[/FONT]

***MH***

Bench
Saturday 31 January - Hammondville Oval, Heathcote Rd
Canterbury vs Cronulla Junior Rep Trials
5:30pm Harold Matthews
7:30pm SG Ball

Rubber Toes

Juniors
H/Matts trials today in scorching heat,
Wests 3 tries V Manly 3 tries
SWSAS 1 try V Manly 3 tries

SGBall
Wests V Manly : I was told it was pretty even.

H/Matts trial Friday,
Souths 11 tries V Balmain 2tries.
Teams are closer than score suggests but Souths were better in all 3 x 20 min periods.

Rubber Toes

Juniors
Is there any info on Bulldogs V Sharks trial?
Does anyone know if Gold Coast & Central Coast have had any trials.