What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC 2011 Thread

Big Pete

Referee
Newcastle 28 def. Brisbane 24 (Corey Norman 2, Dale Copley, Daniel Wallace Tries; Daniel Wallace 4/4 Goals)

Heartbreaking result for the Broncos who's season is now in jeopardy as they've fallen to 11th on the ladder with only two rounds remaining.

Stand-outs...

Dane Gagai, Corey Norman, Jarrod Wallace, Matt Smith and Mitch Frei

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The under 20s are really annoying me! So the Broncos have gone with the policy of not putting the best players e.g. Gagai, Norman etc into QLD cup. So really these guys should be smashing it in the 20s.

The coach or someone needs to get the sack here. With the likes of Gagai, Norman, Copley, Baptiste etc in the team we should be somewhere near the top unless I am missing something??? Or are the rest of the players useless? Sure we went through a period of a number of injuries but they are all back now and still not managing to win.

In short, wtf?

Last two games against the bottom two sides. Winning by less than 30 should not be acceptable.

Country Bronco

Juniors
The under 20s are really annoying me! So the Broncos have gone with the policy of not putting the best players e.g. Gagai, Norman etc into QLD cup. So really these guys should be smashing it in the 20s.

The coach or someone needs to get the sack here. With the likes of Gagai, Norman, Copley, Baptiste etc in the team we should be somewhere near the top unless I am missing something??? Or are the rest of the players useless? Sure we went through a period of a number of injuries but they are all back now and still not managing to win.

In short, wtf?

Last two games against the bottom two sides. Winning by less than 30 should not be acceptable.

I understand your disappointment. But is nothing to do with the coach or the standard of competition. Surely the broncos should be higher placed than what they are. Ffs they drew with the all conquering Warriors outfit that lead the comp but they're complacent in that they lift for the top teams and drop for the bottom teams (THINK St George NRL team). It has been a up and down season for them and they're likely to miss the finals which they could have won. Injuries and promotion to nrl has affected them also but still that is not excuse for not performing week in week out when you've got a full strength team.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I understand your disappointment. But is nothing to do with the coach or the standard of competition. Surely the broncos should be higher placed than what they are. Ffs they drew with the all conquering Warriors outfit that lead the comp but they're complacent in that they lift for the top teams and drop for the bottom teams (THINK St George NRL team). It has been a up and down season for them and they're likely to miss the finals which they could have won. Injuries and promotion to nrl has affected them also but still that is not excuse for not performing week in week out when you've got a full strength team.

Is it not the coaches responsibility to make sure the players do not get complacent?

user_nat

Coach
Broncos won 54-6 today against the 15th placed Rabbitohs.
Copley x 3, Gagai x 2, Leedy, Norman, Frei, Baptiste the scorers for Brisbane. 9/9 conversions by Wallace.

Pretty interesting game as far as stats go. Brisbane made just under 1000m metres more. 13 linebreaks to 2 (Copley x 4, Norman x 3).

Currently sit at 9th.
Even though we play the last placed Manly next week, we still need results to go our way to make the 8. Need either Knights or Tigers to lose. Knights play Souths (15th). Tigers play Titans (14th) and Sharks (4th). So not looking good.

Big Pete

Referee
I think it's safe to say we're done for the season. A shame, but we have nobody but ourselves to blame really.

With that said, congratulations to Dane Gagai and Kurt Baptiste on making the Toyota Cup team of the Year.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
A shame, but we have nobody but ourselves to blame really.

THIS.

It is quite incredible our for and against is 139 while the Panthers is -157 yet we sit on the same competition points.

It is disappointing as we certainly had the cattle to push for the title.

Copley must have gone close to getting in team of the year.

Big Pete

Referee
Aye, especially for a player who's only played like 10-12 games.

EDIT: My math could be off but I think he's only played 8 games and scored 15 tries.

Last edited:

Didgi

Pete, since I cbf finding out for myself :p is Mullally with you next year or will he be heading back to Widnes?

Big Pete

Referee
Heading back home.

Good prospect, sort of fell flat after his injury but plenty to like about him.

AuDragon

Juniors
Finished season with a bang (62-0 over Manly), but too little too late. Definitely under performed this season!

Latest posts