What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC 2012 Thread

Big Pete

Referee
They seem to love that Cam King, missed the majority of the season yet gets a look in.

I thought Townsend would have played too many NRL games to qualify.

isaiah

Bench
I think we'll always be competitive in the 20's it's just about being able to manage the season better. Next year, they won't be so disrupted during the rep. season I imagine.

All those players you've listed have indeed graduated. Other players confirmed for the senior squad are Mitchell Frei, Jordan Kahu, Aaron Whitchurch and Lachlan Maranta. I'm unsure what Arthur Brown, Matt Smith, Jarrod Wallace and Daniel Wallace are doing either.

Current Squad Members who are still eligible...

Mboya Adams
Daniel Alvaro
Matthew Berwick
Caleb Binge
Chris Binge
BJ Burgess
Stephen Coombe
Cameron Cullen
Mitchell Frei
Louis Frisby
Bryce Hegarty
Jake Kelly
Jerome Leedy
Benn Malley
Lachlan Maranta
Waita Setu
Kurt Warden
Aaron Whitchurch

I expect to see Francis Molo (Prop), Kodi Nikorima (Halfback) and Brandon Lee (Backrow) join them next season.

have enough talent there to give it a good shake, any more signings, was there a jets colts forward signed before the season ended?

Didgi

I liked the looks of Zachary Santo today for the Cowboys. Plenty of ticker.

Hope Woolf can steal him along with Pangai and Taumalolo.

Get one back from them for taking Tariq.

If he could steal Taumalolo I would jizz.

Grevs or Pangai would suffice.

f**k orf! Steal our coach and now want half our players, we ain't Manly you know!

Big Pete

Referee
have enough talent there to give it a good shake, any more signings, was there a jets colts forward signed before the season ended?

Haven't heard anything mate. You're better off asking Hanc.

Didgi said:
f**k orf! Steal our coach and now want half our players, we ain't Manly you know!

And hey we're not Canterbury. ;-)

It's no secret we've basically been your best feeder club over the past couple of years. It's time for your mob to repay us. Taumalolo would look so good in the maroon, blue and gold. :D

beave

Coach
Haven't heard anything mate. You're better off asking Hanc.

And hey we're not Canterbury. ;-)

It's no secret we've basically been your best feeder club over the past couple of years. It's time for your mob to repay us. Taumalolo would look so good in the maroon, blue and gold. :D

I will slap the shit out of you BP if anyone of them end up down there, especially Talolo!!!!!!!! You can have Pangai....................

Big Pete

Referee
On behalf of the Broncos I promise his career won't be jeopardised during his tenure at the club. :D We learnt from Prince. :p

In all seriousness, I hope Taumalolo carves out a huge career up in North Queensland and helps reward the Cowboys faithful with a premiership they richly deserve, under the proviso the Broncos also win one this decade as well. ;-)

isaiah

Bench

josh seage is his name, played a grade for swifts in the local comp as a 17yo in 2010, played in the back row for jets colts in 2011 at over 100kg, footwork at the line is said to be good. the local paper, the QT ran an article in Sept, another one the titans missed out on. who handles their development, seriously?

Big Pete

Referee
That's a bit of a shame.

I haven't seen him play but he seemed to have some wraps on him. I suppose we have some good props coming through so it shouldn't matter too much.

I wonder what this means for Chris?

Big Pete

Referee
NYC Squad named on Action Photographs (links don't work on the website)

Daniel Alvaro
Levi Aumua
Matthew Berwick
Chris Binge
Billy Brittain
Kurt Capewell
Stephen Coombe
Brett Coutts
Nathan Crowley
Cameron Cullen
Rian Diffey
Che Fa'alafi
Louis Frisby
Tom Geraghty
Jeriah Goodrich
Brett Greinke
Bryce Hegarty
Josh Jaggle
Jake Kelly
Zack Koitka
Jerome Leedy
Daniel Levi
Mandy Lui
Tristian Lumley
Benn Malley
Francis Molo
Mitchell Moore
Corey Oates
Soape Palau
Travis Peeters
Aaron Rockley
Jayden Sheck
Caleb Timu
Richard Tuala

Few names to be added and the likes of Lachlan Maranta, Mitchell Frei and Aaron Whitchurch still qualify.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm surprised by the number of Queensland Rugby juniors we've poached this year.

Levi Aumua - Lock
Billy Brittain - Fly Half
Soape Palau - Centre
Jeriah Goodrich - Wing
Caleb Timu - Lock/Flanker

Other new faces...
Brett Coutts - Redcliffe Prop
Nathan Crowley - Cowboys NYC Prop
Che Fa'alafi - Norths Lock
Brett Greinke - Souths Logan Centre
Josh Jaggle - Norths Backrow
Zack Koitka - Norths Centre
Daniel Levi - Norths Five Eigth
Tristian Lumley - Norths Centre
Francis Molo - Norths Prop
Mitchell Moore - Souths Logan Hooker
Cory Oates - Comets Backrow
Travis Peeters - Cairns Forward
Jayden Sheck - Norths Hooker
Richard Tuala - Norths Prop

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Just missing Mandy Lui. Fairly sure he's a Wavell boy but I can't find anything concrete on him.

There's a few AIS boys as well in...

Rhett Webster - AIS Centre. He's also the captain.
Kodi Nikorima - AIS Five Eigth
Brandon Lee - AIS Prop/Second Row

I think that covers it.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm just taking a shot in the dark but I can imagine seeing something like this...

1. Lachlan Maranta
2. Matthew Berwick
3. Jerome Leedy
4. Aaron Whitchurch
5. Rhett Webster
6. Bryce Hegarty
7. Louis Frisby
8. Stephen Coombe
9. Cameron Cullen
10. Daniel Alvaro
11. Mitchell Frei
12. Benn Malley
13. Chris Binge

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Jake Kelly
16. Francis Molo
17. Brandon Elliott

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Any news on this kid? I've been interested ever since the story originally broke.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/broncos-groom-young-african-giant/story-e6frf3pc-1111118576879

Doesnt play. Saw him doing athletics training at Nudgee college recently - looked like 400 training.

Always a ? about his age. Was on the front page of courier mail when he broke qld cross country u12 record by a couple of mins. He hasnt got any taller than he was when he was playing U12.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
I'm surprised by the number of Queensland Rugby juniors we've poached this year.

Levi Aumua - Lock
Billy Brittain - Fly Half
Soape Palau - Centre
Jeriah Goodrich - Wing
Caleb Timu - Lock/Flanker

Did Billy ever play club rugby ? Yeah sure he went to Nudgee but played League for Albany Ck from U7 & then trf to Pine Rivers approx U13.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Just missing Mandy Lui. Fairly sure he's a Wavell boy but I can't find anything concrete on him.

I think that covers it.

born 1993. younger brother of Dunamis. Played junior footy with Brothers, Aspley and Redcliffe in that order. Mandy did go to Wavell but he didnt stay to year 12. Always handy player but never liked the training.

Latest posts