What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observations on names..

Knightmare

Coach
This follows on from the 'Observations on supporters' thread on the NRL forum. Is there a personailty trait or a trait of some sort you have noticed among people with the same name? My Mum said, from her teaching days, that Jasons always mucked up in class. I've made some observations myself:

*Josh's talk big and have big goals, but seem content to settle for second best.
*Brent's have a crude sense of humour.
*Michelle's are cool and really friendly. They also always seem to be hotties!
*There are alot of Ben's that were born in the mid '80s.

NPK

Bench
Guys called Noel always have round faces

Guys called Luke are often trouble makers

brendothejet

First Grade
Brendans are good in bed.

I just had to wait for someone else to make a statement about their own name before i could do the same.

Thanks Choppies.

Johns Magic

Referee
Jakes are generally pretty cool.
Kierans have big upper bodies.
Isabellas have large breasts.
Owens are massive.

Raider_69

Post Whore
kerias are hot
nicks are laid back
bretts are bitches.
tims are aggressive
cody's are anti social
matts are smart
ryans have superiority complexes

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
I sort of feel that you are onto something, but there is probably some sort of mathematical explanation behind it. But on the other hand, I reckon parents are inclined to go with such and such a name which is really reflected in who they are. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if having a name that you like is extremely good for your self esteem. Conversely, a name that you hate can't be good.

My brothers and neighbours always saw names like Max, Trent and Terry as names you wouldn't want. To be honest, I think that was more down to people with those names than the sound of it. As soon as you apply a label to someone according to their name, it is more likely that you will apply this label to other people with this same name. It's a bit prejudice, but at least it is not based on race or religious beliefs.

chileman

Coach
brendothejet said:
guys called gordon, play union.

:lol:

Vickies are usually redheads!
Carls are food fanatics!
Pauls enjoy illustrious company!
Kellys make good servants!
Marilyns are blondes!
Steve's are often drunks!
Cathys have been known to fly on broomsticks!

bigeyedbeans

Juniors
Homer: They turned the Navy into a floating joke. They ruined all our best names like Bruce and Lance and Julian. Those were the toughest names we had! Now they're just...
John: Queer?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Justins are charismatic
People with names starting with a B are masculant
Deans are quitely confident
Craigs are pussies

brendothejet

First Grade
jenns are soulful, beautiful women.

* now to send an email to my girlfriend with this page hyperlinked*

Latest posts