What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

%$#@ off Benji

Wizardman

First Grade
After tonight, I feel Benji would have to be under the microscope as far as next year goes.

While the majority of factors are not of Benji's control, I feel he is a factor in regard to us being in the rut that we are in.

Considering the position our club is in as well as him being in the infant stages of his coaching career, taking this "part-time" approach to his job is just not the right tonic for a club like ours. Give me a coach that models hard work anyday. Successful clubs are not run by coaches with a part-time approach.

I think the guy needs to f**k off to the media and recruit someone who would kill to get a full time nrl head coach gig.

Not sure his heart is into this coaching thing. Feels like he wants to give it a go but if it doesn’t work out he will land on his feet and be fine. We’ve dropped 8 on the bounce and he’s netting off to Fiji, presumably whilst the rest of the squad works hard and trains…not sure why he’d lose the dressing room.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m not worried about Fiji or the time out with Family. It doesn’t take long to explain how to avoid a sin bin (9 sin bins from 9 different players!! ( or was it 7?) or scare the shit out of players when they consider slacking off. It appears neither of these things are occurring. Steffs not going anywhere. Why would he when he can be rich and cruise at WT. The players all love Benji That’s not what I want to hear. Something closer to the spray the dragons players got at halftime during the panthers game would be preferable.
I can’t see Benji even starting ‘25. I’m guessing there will be a token gesture couple of games if he’s lucky then he will be gone. coz this shit will be driving Richo bonkers. Mr nice guy doesn’t cut it as a coach and not sure Benji’s willing to dip into the dark zone with the players.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
After tonight, I feel Benji would have to be under the microscope as far as next year goes.

There is no point in sacking him. We've sacked coaches, recruitment managers, Lee & Pascoe and the board. There are no easy solutions.

While the majority of factors are not of Benji's control, I feel he is a factor in regard to us being in the rut that we are in.

Really. He was right across all the signings we made. Sheens made that extremely clear. He has been coaching the team this season and was heavily involved last season. He is clearly performing as poorly as our shit club.

I think the guy needs to f**k off to the media and recruit someone who would kill to get a full time nrl head coach gig.

I think we need to stick with him until the end of his contract and pray to the footy gods something amazing happens. The guy has really dudded us this year though. He came out stating we had to focus on defense but the problem is you can't win games over the course of the season without being able to attack. We should know this by now.

All I hope is that he is learning and he has some aptitude to improve. It's getting hard to support this trainwreck of a club.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I was going to do the Ladder Predictor thing to see where I thought the Tigers would finish this year but as soon as I opened it I realized it was a pointless exercise given it is unlikely we will win another game this year.

Maybe next year with the new players Benji can make us twice as good and we can fluke 4 wins while maintaining our grip on the wooded spoon.

simmo1

First Grade
Absolutely zero reason to keep Benji as coach. He started the job with no experience and was hired based on 'vibes'. The team is now performing as badly as they have in our history and we are relying on a rookie coach to see us through.

It sucks because Benji is a club legend, but he should be staring down the barrel of being sacked by the club for a third time.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Absolutely zero reason to keep Benji as coach. He started the job with no experience and was hired based on 'vibes'. The team is now performing as badly as they have in our history and we are relying on a rookie coach to see us through.

It sucks because Benji is a club legend, but he should be staring down the barrel of being sacked by the club for a third time.
When ur at my age u don’t get surprised by much but I will b shocked if the complacent greenhorn coach is still in the job this time next season.He is not an NRL head coaches a/hole.

What does Brian Smith do these days? We need a proper see you next Tuesday in charge that will get some noses out of joint and get rid of all the bludgers who are just there for a pay cheque.

Nutz

Bench
What does Brian Smith do these days? We need a proper see you next Tuesday in charge that will get some noses out of joint and get rid of all the bludgers who are just there for a pay cheque.
I think if you listen to Benji's presser that's exactly what Benji is going to do. He said the system will stay and players who can't fit in will go. Simple.
Give him a go mate, he's just started and it's not totally his roster.
All we've done since 05 is sack coaches and hung unto players who can't perform...eg brooks.

Perth Tiger

Bench
The problem is who would be willing to kill their career by coaching us. That was why we had to go with Sheens and Benji in the first place. If we sacked Benji we would probably just end up with Farah as coach

Nutz

Bench
Why are you guys wanting to sack Benji prematurely, give him some time to sort out decade's of crap. He and Richo should get us going. It took a while for Richo to make an impact at Penrith and South's etc. We're no different and so is Benji.

WA Tiger

Bench
Farah would walk around like he’s Jurgen Klopp. You just know after a big win he would start a press conference with “Boom!”
That’d be the funniest thing. And I think possible, Farah as a caretaker coach..I always thought him more likely. Benjis showing signs of being too sensitive and soft.. His pressers say nothing really. Farah on the other hand..

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Why are you guys wanting to sack Benji prematurely, give him some time to sort out decade's of crap. He and Richo should get us going. It took a while for Richo to make an impact at Penrith and South's etc. We're no different and so is Benji.
With a good coach after this amount of time, you see improvement somewhere, anywhere. But there’s none . Anywhere

In my opinion both of these statements are true. We can't keep sacking coaches but Benji has been one of the key people making decisions since Sheens was here. He isn't getting the job done now.

I'm going to go lie down and think about some areas of my life that aren't so shit.