What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

%$#@ off Benji

Tigerm

Coach
Professional sport of any persuasion is about results, I don't think he will get tapped this season, but if similar happens next year, I don't believe he will see out the season.
IMO, his mind set is all wrong for a rookie coach whose team is getting beaten and are now favorites for our 3rd spoon in 3 years. He needs to be working his butt off, not having a work, life balance approach at his stage of his career.
Not all his fault, our depth is atrocious, and a few did say, that if we are needing to use the kids, then the season is going shit.

Nutz

Bench
In my opinion both of these statements are true. We can't keep sacking coaches but Benji has been one of the key people making decisions since Sheens was here. He isn't getting the job done now.

I'm going to go lie down and think about some areas of my life that aren't so shit.
Sweet dreams, don't forget to wake up, set an alarm, electric shock perhaps.
Have the alarm set to an annoying song that will force you to get up and turn it off..maybe this song..

Watch the press conference and towards the end he’s spluttering out that there’s been an improvement. That’s just Lee-speak nonsense, bullshite and spin.

Then somehow the two wins were bad because they raised expectations.lol ffs.

He’s completely out of his depth and doesn’t have any solutions at the moment.

But he knew the lay of the land before he drank from Tim’s poisoned chalice.

He backed himself to improve players and he’s turned into a gobbling turkey the players couldn’t care less about.

I say by round 12 next year Benji will be winking at Munster and be saying “thanks for the interview, well played”

Its tragic, but Benji is useless. We’d be better off if he gave it up.

For mine, atm, Brad Arthur. He’s tough, I hear he’s happy to despise players.

He’s the only viable choice.

As a paid up member, I’d like him on board right now, drive straight into Benjis car parking spot…but it won’t happen.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Brad Arthur for mine. He has shortcomings, but at least he got the Eels playing finals on a regular basis. He knows what it takes to make a team competitive for a whole season, even if he never got them over the line.
Brad Arthur had a representative roster and they underperformed. Now he's gone they're pulling their finger out. Moses is back so they'll go on a roll.

Tigerm

Coach
Watch the press conference and towards the end he’s spluttering out that there’s been an improvement. That’s just Lee-speak nonsense, bullshite and spin.

Then somehow the two wins were bad because they raised expectations.lol ffs.

He’s completely out of his depth and doesn’t have any solutions at the moment.

But he knew the lay of the land before he drank from Tim’s poisoned chalice.

He backed himself to improve players and he’s turned into a gobbling turkey the players couldn’t care less about.

I say by round 12 next year Benji will be winking at Munster and be saying “thanks for the interview, well played”

Its tragic, but Benji is useless. We’d be better off if he gave it up.

For mine, atm, Brad Arthur. He’s tough, I hear he’s happy to despise players.

He’s the only viable choice.

As a paid up member, I’d like him on board right now, drive straight into Benjis car parking spot…but it won’t happen.
I think they need to get him in here and see what he can do as a mentor at least?
Maybe look at him for GM of the footy dept?

I think they need to get him in here and see what he can do as a mentor at least?
Maybe look at him for GM of the footy dept?
Straight into the hot seat.

Just arrange with Benji to have a longer holiday.

As said on the other site, Benji:

“..went away and freshened up for another 8 losses in a row”

@soc123_au and @blue bags would like that one.

Last edited:
It's so unlike you TSP to put the boot into someone like this brother???
I never wanted Benji, I tried to be patient and composed, I did my best….

But like a drug, it’s got the better of me.

I see ol @WA Tiger, and he’s been Benjis best supporter for years, but he’s turned out and writing some good quality stuff lately. Bang!

All he asks for is a single player to improve in one area, catching, line speed or hopping over an injured comrade.anything But he can’t find nothing. And it probably hurts both of us to find agreement somewhere, but here we are.

It’s like you expect to get 5% proof and the Adrenalin shot of Benji screwing everything and you get 100%.

I’ve been fair, round 12 next year is a lot longer than most people can manage.

Rant over!!

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Remember Brett falling asleep in the sheds at half time when he was intrim coach, apparently he has some disorder...poor chap, but I don't think he's a head coach.
Ive managed to thank Brett for taking over during the crisis last year.

He was appreciative as I understood the sacrifice.

It’s good to have him around the club.

Maybe Benji Brett can swap roles for a couple of months.

Benjis always been a bit of a ladies man with a penchant for dressing up and being cool with the threads.

He’s done a lot of modelling over the years. Much more experienced in runways than coaching.

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
If Benji goes does it mean your club can finally cut ties with anyone associated with the 2005 team having any role in the operations of the club?

Penrith had a flash in the pan premiership in 2003 (and a good follow up season in 2004) but even our at times incompetent management never tried rolling out Craig Gower or Tony Puletua during bad times in senior operational rules.

Benji/Farah IIRC played in three finals series in their entire Tigers' careers. Neither in their public facing profiles exude the grit and intensity that you need from those in leadership positions.

Edit: I just remembered that Todd Payten could be available soon...

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
If Benji goes does it mean your club can finally cut ties with anyone associated with the 2005 team having any role in the operations of the club?

Penrith had a flash in the pan premiership in 2003 (and a good follow up season in 2004) but even our at times incompetent management never tried rolling out Craig Gower or Tony Puletua during bad times in senior operational rules.

Benji/Farah IIRC played in three finals series in their entire Tigers' careers. Neither in their public facing profiles exude the grit and intensity that you need from those in leadership positions.
I think Benji’s safe for now, not sure about Farah, pretty sure he was contracted for this season anyway, so he may be in trouble.
Not sure Richo is much of a boys club player though?

Back in 2004, @murraymob, Rob Weaver, @Kilkenny , Fibroman and I used to follow Paul Franze pretty closely on the Panther Interactive. The worlds greatest forum at the time.

Some of us got into trouble for being too unkind.

That was the year Richo left for South’s.

Then we had the “Priddo problem”

Halcyon days over at Penrith. The club only had 2000 machines in those days.

Nutz

Bench
Ive managed to thank Brett for taking over during the crisis last year.

He was appreciative as I understood the sacrifice.

It’s good to have him around the club.

Maybe Benji Brett can swap roles for a couple of months.

Benjis always been a bit of a ladies man with a penchant for dressing up and being cool with the threads.

He’s done a lot of modelling over the years. Much more experienced in runways than coaching.
I don't think the nrlw team are interested in male models mate ;)