What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season 2022-23

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just heard on the radio that Walsh and David Fifita had a dust-up in a nightclub and had to be separated by security last night. The kid can play but as a person he’s got a lot of growing up to do.

JJ

Immortal
Hope DA is doing well, sounds serious - heart attack?

Walsh, what a dumb f**k - I'm a bit over the league media trying to convince us how these young fellas are all outstanding family and community oriented young men... some of them are just merkins - he and Fifita have positioned themselves clearly in the merkin end imo

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hope DA is doing well, sounds serious - heart attack?

Walsh, what a dumb f**k - I'm a bit over the league media trying to convince us how these young fellas are all outstanding family and community oriented young men... some of them are just merkins - he and Fifita have positioned themselves clearly in the merkin end imo

yeah over a short sample size Walsh hasn’t shown himself to have much going for him

Teenage dad, no problem with making a mistake, plenty have done it, but after that mistake you need to aim up. Since then he got caught with drugs, another poor choice, then showed his stripes cheating on his Mrs and then using the homesick family man excuse to get back to where he wanted to be

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
yeah over a short sample size Walsh hasn’t shown himself to have much going for him

Teenage dad, no problem with making a mistake, plenty have done it, but after that mistake you need to aim up. Since then he got caught with drugs, another poor choice, then showed his stripes cheating on his Mrs and then using the homesick family man excuse to get back to where he wanted to be
We wanted another RTS but we got a Kevin Locke

JJ

Immortal
Meanwhile Payne Hass’ mother shows the young boys how to really be a f**ktard

BLN2

Juniors
Walsh is a cocky kid. He thinks he's a superstar thanks to the Australian media blindly over hyping him. He has a long way to go on and off the field. He'll get there one day, but I can't see him changing over night.

Haas has surprisingly handled himself OK I reckon since cracking the big time, considering his family being the way they are.. No where near perfect, but there are alot worse out there.

Broncos will either go amazing this year, or blow up IMO. So much talent, but a lot of ego and Walters as coach. They are missing a couple hard nosed vets I reckon, besides Reynolds. I can see a few of the young guys wanting out halfway through the season again due to lack of NRL gametime

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
TBF, Locke was a pretty decent performer on the field for us, we got a year and a half of overhype and cowardly defence out of Walsh.
More talking personality wise. Kevin was great unti he had that nasty collision with the goalpost, always struggled for fitness after that and once he was sidelined a bit his off field issues got the better of him

Walsh is a cocky kid. He thinks he's a superstar thanks to the Australian media blindly over hyping him. He has a long way to go on and off the field. He'll get there one day, but I can't see him changing over night.

Haas has surprisingly handled himself OK I reckon since cracking the big time, considering his family being the way they are.. No where near perfect, but there are alot worse out there.

Broncos will either go amazing this year, or blow up IMO. So much talent, but a lot of ego and Walters as coach. They are missing a couple hard nosed vets I reckon, besides Reynolds. I can see a few of the young guys wanting out halfway through the season again due to lack of NRL gametime
Havent seen the work ethic in Walsh for him to make it, very few are lucky enough to make it on pure potential talent at NRL level.
He will have a good highlight reel for sure.

While not NRL related:Damar Hamlin collapse on field

It will be interesting to see the day it happens in the NRL and the response.

No offical medical reports but have an educated guess it's electrical wiring issues to the heart or some athletes develop hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

Was watching game as no Kayo mini for it, inital reports wanted to blame head clash.

It's also interesting listening to x-players (or their wives) and some not wanting them to play football due to the dangers. Funny they will most likely let them drive a car, which is more likely to kill them or permanently injury. But it's the psychology of perseved control.

It would also be interesting if everyone car accident had rolling coverage of how it plays out! Would no one get in a car again?

Nice to see them all coming around the young guy and man those American love their 🙏.
Also his go fund me for toy drive for underprivileged kids is going off!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

Cobbo the latest to draw some attention, did a podcast saying that Walters is a good bloke, but he can’t coach. He also revealed that one of the games he sat out at the end of last season because he had a heart the size of a pea, he snuck out at halftime because the Broncos were getting a hiding

Gamble also did a podcast bagging Walters coaching last year, I’m not sure if Walters is a good coach or not, but I am sure that Gamble and Cobbo wouldn’t be banking huge numbers in an IQ test

Last edited:

Latest posts