What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season 2022-23

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The lads are into it early so better get the annual thread started

Off season Day 1 - Luciano Leilua charged with assault, Jarome Luai being investigated for using the N word on social media

Day 2 - Josh Curran referred to the integrity unit for allegedly assaulting a 16yo

Day 3 - Ryan Matterson offered the choice between a $4000 fine or suspended for the 1st 3 games next season, took the 3 game suspension, real team player

JJ

Immortal
Matterson struggling to make ends meet? Strange call…

the other two, just dickheads

Blair

Coach
Day 3 - Ryan Matterson offered the choice between a $4000 fine or suspended for the 1st 3 games next season, took the 3 game suspension, real team player
With Matterson an old fashioned whip around would've been $134 per the squad of 30. Although the players not there next year might've balked.

Still, he should've given it a go.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What was the context of Leuai’s n-bomb? I suspect it was more in the ghetto-speak vein that being racist, plenty of bros I know call each other n*****.

JJ

Immortal
Stories suggesting Seibold might get the Manly gig - Dessie wants one more year and to hand to Hannay?

JJ

Immortal
Not sure on Toovey, in many ways it’s surprising he hasn’t got a gig since

I think Seibold has plenty to offer, but similar questions, both did well with strong veteran playing groups

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Munster inks a new 4 year deal with the Storm

The Seibold chat is absolutely insane, Des has never put together 2 poor seasons on the trot. The owners are complete morons who will probably make that call, Seibold was an assistant at one point long ago.
Toovey won’t go near it or be in consideration, the aforementioned owners completely shafted him as he didn’t fall on their side of the fence in a couple of big decisions so they knifed him

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Not sure on Toovey, in many ways it’s surprising he hasn’t got a gig since

I think Seibold has plenty to offer, but similar questions, both did well with strong veteran playing groups
He did get one gig, the Warriors phoned him and told him he had the job and he started his planning to move over, and a day or so later phoned to say they’d changed their minds and Kearney got the job lol

I did hear criticism of him that it was basically the Stewart’s coaching the side while he was there but I’ll give him more credit than that

JJ

Immortal
He did get one gig, the Warriors phoned him and told him he had the job and he started his planning to move over, and a day or so later phoned to say they’d changed their minds and Kearney got the job lol

I did hear criticism of him that it was basically the Stewart’s coaching the side while he was there but I’ll give him more credit than that
Well you don't get the opportunity to appoint someone like Kearney every day...

JJ

Immortal
Munster inks a new 4 year deal with the Storm

The Seibold chat is absolutely insane, Des has never put together 2 poor seasons on the trot. The owners are complete morons who will probably make that call, Seibold was an assistant at one point long ago.
Toovey won’t go near it or be in consideration, the aforementioned owners completely shafted him as he didn’t fall on their side of the fence in a couple of big decisions so they knifed him
Not sure I get the importance of back to back poor seasons - without going back through the books, Des and Raelene ruined the Dogs, and if he'd have stayed he'd have more than two - he's had his share of poor seasons, and while I think he's a great coach it doesn't look like he's a great roster/cap manager

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Not sure I get the importance of back to back poor seasons - without going back through the books, Des and Raelene ruined the Dogs, and if he'd have stayed he'd have more than two - he's had his share of poor seasons, and while I think he's a great coach it doesn't look like he's a great roster/cap manager
He always said he had a plan there, what that plan was we will never know

His history suggests that he gets another to see where it ends up