What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season 2022-23

BLN2

Juniors

Zerotackle is a regurgitated website, it's based off other media reports and isn't always correct (especially values). $850k was his Dogs contract which ended last season, which the Dogs were largely covering. Now his old contract has ended, he'd be down to the Warriors portion only, which going by the Fox article and common sense, would be somewhere in the $400's. We bought him as a winger, not fullback.

I've seen some articles saying we'll likely promote a couple players from the NSW cup/development players, and possibly someone else but not a big name. Taine Tuaupiki and a Jacob Laban type possibly. We'll have some cash up the sleeve for a mid season forward you would think.

LeagueNut

First Grade

Article about the top 10 value for money signings for this year. Three of them are ex-Warriors - Perham, Murchie and Katoa. And the article asks "who is the next Papali'i?".

I know we can't and won't keep everyone but gee we seem to make a lot of strange retention decisions.

JJ

Immortal

Article about the top 10 value for money signings for this year. Three of them are ex-Warriors - Perham, Murchie and Katoa. And the article asks "who is the next Papali'i?".

I know we can't and won't keep everyone but gee we seem to make a lot of strange retention decisions.
"strange" is a polite word - part of that issue is the long demonstrated inability to develop talent...so many epic fails, and then some fans blame the players (notably with Papali'i) - I don't have insights into the professionalism he showed at the Warriors, on field he seemed exclusively used as a tackle bot... in a better system he's flourished...

I'm really interested in what happens with Katoa...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Katoa is the most likely of those to have us cursing I feel- I think Murchie largely played to potential, and Perham had already had a couple of years in the Eels system.

Meth

Staff member
Katoa for 200k FFS. Possibly behind Klemmer, that's the value buy of the year.

JJ

Immortal
Uncle Nick and his brown bags

Mind you that’s just Mole speculation anyway
But hard to believe Roger is content being the 8th ranked midfielder, think he’ll give the World Cup a run, but you’d think the NRL might hold more appeal than ‘super’ rugby?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
But hard to believe Roger is content being the 8th ranked midfielder, think he’ll give the World Cup a run, but you’d think the NRL might hold more appeal than ‘super’ rugby?

I’m talking more about the comment re our salary cap

JJ

Immortal
Broncos done a dick Warriors move and extended a coaching contract for someone with a mediocre record and minimal chance of being poached?