What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offer to rein withdrawn

saints4me

Juniors
Lots of comments on here about targeting known hookers (Segyaro etc). Do any of you football geniuses watch enough games to recommend any really good up and coming players looking for an opportunity to play grade??
That's where we should be looking. Someone having the vision and ability to recognise talent and forming a team. That's what makes a good coach (and keyboard commentator)!

They are just stating an opinion on who might be a good fit but seriously are you trying to be a smart arse or what.

How about you name some up and comers.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Lots of comments on here about targeting known hookers (Segyaro etc). Do any of you football geniuses watch enough games to recommend any really good up and coming players looking for an opportunity to play grade??
That's where we should be looking. Someone having the vision and ability to recognise talent and forming a team. That's what makes a good coach (and keyboard commentator)!

Only Nu Brown comes to mind and now with the Sharks signing Cherrington and rumours of Farrah the door could open.
Seen a little of Nathanial Roach for the Warriors , does have talent but is raw.
Our own Sam Coster been around a while but dont know if the leap would be too great for him
Lastly, Reece Robson is very ptomieing but a few years away.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I dont have fox tv so I cant get the chance to look at young players. But mate if you want to have a go at people at making comments about our clubs selection or recruiting go support another club .

Sam Coster from what I was told from some one who knows him well isn't keen on giving up a full time job to sign a year deal and never get a chance ie Shannon Wakeman.

Quite a few players from the Cutters think the same way.

Mr Red

First Grade

Segyaro isn't even 26 yet, not sure why you're writing him off? His best football is still ahead of him..

John moz

Juniors
I predicted over a month ago rein to sharks dragons again are stuffing our local players not paying what they are worth on the open market. Look morris brothers merrin bird now rein he will go to another club and coach with a better structure and will be a super star.

Gm5

Juniors
I predicted over a month ago rein to sharks dragons again are stuffing our local players not paying what they are worth on the open market. Look morris brothers merrin bird now rein he will go to another club and coach with a better structure and will be a super star.

you seem to be the only one that doesn't want rein to piss off

Mr Red

First Grade

Apart from Newcastle there is no club that has a worse hooker then rein...doesn't say much when the only club that would benefit from him are the club coming last...

Pro Dragons

Juniors
The problem is we do not have Bellamy who can turn an ordinary player into a very good player. We have no definitive coaching structures so when we let a player go it is difficult to know what sort of replacement player is needed. I might of missed it but at this stage I have not heard of any clubs showning too much interest in Rein and if that remains the case he may take Doust's offer and sign on for another season. I often wonder how he would go under a coach like Bellamy, Bennett or Hasler. I think he has some talent but is poorly coached. If Clearly or Toovey took over do you think they could get much improvement out of him?

Country Dragon

Juniors
The problem is we do not have Bellamy who can turn an ordinary player into a very good player. We have no definitive coaching structures so when we let a player go it is difficult to know what sort of replacement player is needed. I might of missed it but at this stage I have not heard of any clubs showning too much interest in Rein and if that remains the case he may take Doust's offer and sign on for another season. I often wonder how he would go under a coach like Bellamy, Bennett or Hasler. I think he has some talent but is poorly coached. If Clearly or Toovey took over do you think they could get much improvement out of him?
No

RedVDragon

Juniors
On NRL 360 Benji and Ennis endorsed Rein. Benji mentioned Rein has been out of form this season. So I beg the question if they think Rein is a good player why did Benji reach out to Farrar to join the dragons.
Rein is crap whilst Benji under a better coach would have been a star.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I now get the real feeling that Jake marketo will be our No.9 in 2017 after he has just been re-signed for another 1 year extension. Reported this morning on Fox sports site and claims he could be the permanent replacement for Rein.

since77

Juniors
I now get the real feeling that Jake marketo will be our No.9 in 2017 after he has just been re-signed for another 1 year extension. Reported this morning on Fox sports site and claims he could be the permanent replacement for Rein.

They're dumb enough to do that.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
On NRL 360 Benji and Ennis endorsed Rein. Benji mentioned Rein has been out of form this season. So I beg the question if they think Rein is a good player why did Benji reach out to Farrar to join the dragons.
Rein is crap whilst Benji under a better coach would have been a star.
There have been a lot of players out of form this season - Benji, Widdop, Rein, Leeson, Lafai, JDB. What rotten luck the team is having.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
FMD this is another step backwards

Latest posts