What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Eels Team Round 1

Eelementary

Post Whore
fish eel said:
But where would Hopkins be played, if he was still here?

Couldnt see him in our side at all now.

Very true.

Unfortunately, he wouldn't have a spot in our team.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Burt was moved to the centres and that's where it all went pear shaped

the boy likes his #4 jersey, yet to me, much better as a winger.
burty and peto last year were our saving graces in some games

Eelementary

Post Whore
Anyone remember our game against the Cowboys up at Dairy Farmers?

We scored one try, and then kept giving away dumb penalties. Result? We lost 26-4 I think.

Anyway, our best players that night were Brut and Petersen. They looked dangerous every time they touched the ball and were making breaks and finding space like nobody's business.

dazeely

First Grade
JessEel said:
Burt was moved to the centres and that's where it all went pear shaped

the boy likes his #4 jersey, yet to me, much better as a winger.
burty and peto last year were our saving graces in some games

No doubt about that Jess. Might not be his preferred position but is his best. Have to feel for him though as he is used in the role of a utility back. Gets reshuffled around all the time. People tend to forget this. Is a definate team player whom deserves better than he sometimes gets.

JessEel

i once asked him where he would want to play if he had the choice
he said "on the field"
(ie he'd play anywhere as long as he got a spot)

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Anyone remember our game against the Cowboys up at Dairy Farmers?

We scored one try, and then kept giving away dumb penalties. Result? We lost 26-4 I think.

Anyway, our best players that night were Brut and Petersen. They looked dangerous every time they touched the ball and were making breaks and finding space like nobody's business.

Brut? As in the after shave.

I remember a time not too long ago when many people were saying that Burt was too good to be on the wing and should move to 5/8. How quickly things change. One day you've got too much talent, the next you've got nothing.

JessEel

i've always rated burty from way back before first grade and right up until today. even when he has (admittidly) crap games his love and dedication of and for the clubs makes up for it in my eyes

dazeely

First Grade
JessEel said:
i once asked him where he would want to play if he had the choice
he said "on the field"
(ie he'd play anywhere as long as he got a spot)

say no more. :clap:

Its a pity players like Judas didn't have half as much pride in their jersey and more importantly team mates. :evil:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Not a bad side, if you don't mind me commenting.

The forward pack is great IMO and certainly something you blokes definately have over the Tigers.

I don't like the look of Wagon in the centres, but we'll see how he goes, eh?

Certainly, the first match does look as though it's going to be a cracker.

As for a likely Tigers side, some positions still up in the air but I'd go with:

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Matthew Rieck
3. Paul Whatuira
4. Daniel Fitzhenry
5. Pat Richards
6. Ben Reynolds
7. Scott Prince
13. Dene Halatau
12. Mark O'Neill (c)
11. Anthony Laffranchi
10. John Skandalis
9. Ben Galea
8. Todd Payten
-----------------
14. Robbie Farah
15. Bronson Harrison
16. Liam Fulton
17. Matt Jobson
------------------

Not considered: Benji Marshall, Shane Elford

Anyway, we'll get a better idea of things after this weeks match against Canberra.

JessEel

but people like burty, bubsy, caylo and that, they are a special breed.
"i love this club this is my club and i want to play for them no matter what they offer me"

Mr_E

Juniors
In my IMO the forwards look the goods, the halves will do the job of pushing the side around the field and the backs can finish off what smith and morris create. In regards to wagon been selected in the centres i don't see any problems with this as wagon is as good as any other centre in defence. Lets hope whoever is on the outside of wagon gets the chance of scoring a few try's, because he is not known for passing the ball like a Matt Gidley. C'mon you mighty Eels.