What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

official membership in the mail today

carcharias

Immortal
blurb in yesterdays leader that membership is up almost $100,00.00 on this time last year and sponsorship is up 25% ...it sort of suggests that is how the high perfomance joint is being paid for.
It also says the facility will be leased out to other sporting teams/persons whatever.

blurb in yesterdays leader that membership is up almost $100,00.00 on this time last year and sponsorship is up 25% ...it sort of suggests that is how the high perfomance joint is being paid for.
It also says the facility will be leased out to other sporting teams/persons whatever.

I'm not surprised.

Ricky Stuart was not inspiring to the fans.

His football coaching produced a couple of tries per game if you were lucky.

And some of the most mind numbing boring shyte you could ever watch.

There is now hope on the horizon.

Some handy buys and you get the feeling that a different style of football will be promoted in the team during the off season.

When Flanagan was asked how similar he is to Ricky Stuart he responded. " Oh we are very different......"

Enough said.

Happy days!

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah Rickys gone so membership are up 20% on same time last year, despite there being no difference in the last 8 games of the season.
Makes perfect sense.

azzah72

Bench
I think they showed a bit more of a competitive attitude despite some of the losses.

Except for the panthers and storm from memory, we put up a reasonable fight for the majority of the matches.

add that to 2 good singings, one reasonable signing and just the fact that it is a change, I think that has been enough for some of the fence sitters to have a bit of hope and go for it.

before flanno came onboard, we were getting belted every game except for the roosters and cowboys.

perhaps

still, i think if theres one area where beekers disciples have been an upgrade its the membership drive.

however we need an improvement on last year. always gotta be trending upwards..given our position.

realsitically we should have 5 thousand season ticket holders.

There was a high increase in membership last year because there was a huge push by the "NRL to be a member!"

As well the Club said to survive we need membership increases.

This year there has been no promotion at all thus far.

Believe me the 20 % rise on this time last year is because Ricky Stuart is out of the f**king Sharks!

Last edited:
I think they showed a bit more of a competitive attitude despite some of the losses.

Except for the panthers and storm from memory, we put up a reasonable fight for the majority of the matches.

add that to 2 good singings, one reasonable signing and just the fact that it is a change, I think that has been enough for some of the fence sitters to have a bit of hope and go for it.

before flanno came onboard, we were getting belted every game except for the roosters and cowboys.

They certainly did.

Mighty unlucky to not pull off wins against the Tigers and Raiders away from home as well.

Both of those teams featured well into this years final series.

And this was without a full off season of changes that Flanno plans for the team.

Getting all the negative Ricky Stuart crap out of the team will take some time but I think Flanno can get us to the 8 next year.

Something Stuart didn't do in the past two seasons.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
They certainly did.

Mighty unlucky to not pull off wins against the Tigers and Raiders away from home as well.

Both of those teams featured well into this years final series.

And this was without a full off season of changes that Flanno plans for the team.

Getting all the negative Ricky Stuart crap out of the team will take some time but I think Flanno can get us to the 8 next year.

Something Stuart didn't do in the past two seasons.

Right. So you are hoping Flanagan does not coach like Bennet?

carcharias

Immortal
here's a figure to throw up.

I was a Harvey norman family ticket of 4 last year.

it was around $260.00 I think...it was that half price deal.

This year I have gone for the PB Stand at $670.00 for 4 tix.

They said membership is up by almost $100,00.00.

I have basically paid an extra $400 for 2011....same amount of tix.

Maybe others have done similar.
That Harvey Norman deal was not offered this year ........so far.
Maybe people who did it last year renewed at the normal price of $560??? for a family of 4.

The blurb in the Leader didn't mention membership numbers, just dollars.

azzah72

Bench

Maybe people who did it last year renewed at the normal price of $560??? for a family of 4.

I forgot about the harvey norman group, that could be the reason.

I know a few that are going to sign up or have because they have a better feeling about this year.

I don't like em because they a terrible fence sitters but at least this year there jumping on board.

Yes a lot of what you say makes reasonable sense.

Just not the $100,00.00 ????

Last season Harvey Norman certainly inflated the membership sales a little with the half price tickets.

To be honest that was about the true value of a season ticket with the team and coach we had.

I'm sure there is more optimistic punters like yourself thinking next year with a new coach and a better squad we can certainly be more than competitive if we are lucky with injuries.

Hence the attitude to not only renew but to pay full price.

That so many people have done this so early is very positive and shows there is an optimistic mood at present that the two year nightmare can be put behind us and there will no longer be the usual excuses and escape goats for coaching failure.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah, nothing to do with 2009 disasters that were nothing to do with Ricky Stuart.
Dragon Slayers delusionary traits stick out like dogs balls. He thinks his opinion is reflected in the wider community., when it clearly isn't. & that goes for 99% of his mumblings.

Since 73

First Grade
How much for a seat on the running track?

Sell a half dozen of them and there's your 100k.

imasharkie

Coach
Just rehashing this thread.
I paid my interstate membership plus postage for the free items at the beginning of December.
As I haven't received nary a thing from the club, I sent an email to Elly stating this. Her answer was " I forgot to mention to you when we spoke that the items would not be sent till February"
Question to you the members of Sharks " has anyone received their promised goods as yet?

Latest posts