What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 2

abpanther

Staff member
I'm sorry Dragons fans, but the even with good early ball I don't see Scott doing anything in attack, at least with the other candidates you can give them the ball early and they can create something.

Scott has been picked for his defense, plain and simple, yet we have no hope of winning in QLD unless we can score 25-30 points IMO, there is where his selection makes little sense...

smacky

Juniors
We dont know that scott is actually going to be picked at centre. I still see cooper and tahu getting those spots. Scott is actually a good fit for origin hes a great defender, aggressive and can add fire to the team. But i wouldnt have him playing centre. I think if we played him off the bench in the backrow or incase of injury in the centres he would do well. Sort of like what costigan gives for qld

Springs

First Grade
Seems everyone just wants their clubs centre in there. Well I guess I'll join in. Reddy for right centre!

abpanther

Staff member
I still don't know why the f**k Tahu is in the side, at least Cooper is in form, Tahu has been sh*t all year, has been exposed routinely in defense and yet is picked ahead of those who played in game 3 solely based on his reputation, pathetic...

Parraren

Bench
Our lack of points came from picking a centre as a 5/8 how much ball did Cooper, Idris, Tahu, Hayne or Morris get in that game??? And how many sets did NSW have on there line? Not many. Our kicking game was sh*t house and our feild position for attack struggled because of it.

Now we will have Captain Kurt at 5/8, hip hip hooray.

According to the latest paper stories;

- Dugan is cover for Hayne.

- Barrett will be halfback.

- Gidley will be 5/8 unless Dugan & Hayne are both ruled out, then he will be fullback.

- Pearce will come into the halves only if Hayne & Dugan are both ruled out and Gidley plays fullback.

abpanther

Staff member
So our halves will be Barrett and Gidley? f**k me it's even worse than I thought, at least with Pearce there I had some optimism.

So are they expecting to put Dugan on the wing to replace Hayne?

cram

Bench
I think Gidley has something to offer SOO but not as fullback or 5/8. Unfortunately for Gidley his versatility makes him a perfect fit for the bench but not as a starting player as there are others who are better in this position.

watatank

Coach
Picking Jennings, Morris, Lawrence (or any other centre some biased fan wants to push) would not make a damn difference, all else being equal. None of them are in the class of Inglis so they are just going to get burned anyway, like all the others before them.

perverse

Referee
they won't name a captain on the bench imo... that would be the most geniused selection i've ever seen.

has that even happened at club level before... let alone SoO? i suppose it has in 100+ years of history... but it would have to be rare.

smacky

Juniors
I love Beau scott but if hes selected at centre for nsw it shows that the selectors are scared of qld and are happy just to limit qld as much as possible instead of fight fire with fire. Im happy to see how scott goes but i dont think its the right attitude to take from the selectors

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You said Lawrence is 5x better than Scott that's why you got ridiculed.

Five times may be a stretch but he is a far better player with ball in hand.

Anyway, I want Jennings there ahead of Lawrence, so this has nothing to do with the Tigers.

smacky is the first Dragons fan to agree with me. We need to fight fire with fire.

Springs

First Grade
People are complaining about our attack in the centres, but we have picked the in-form left side of the comp, Cooper and Morris, 21 tries in 13 games.
Scott isn't even in the side at the moment, and Idris and Tahu I would say are better known for their attack than their defence. Picking Jennings won't make a difference, no better in defence and indifferent in attack this year, Lawrence and Morris would have to be switched to the right side, and Morris is out of form anyway. Champion is the only other one which seems to make sense in both attack and defence on the right side. Anyway it doesn't matter too much cause any centre they pick is just cover for Lyon, and I think they've gone with Scott because he would probably be of similar build to Lyon and play a similar game.

Whatever happens Lyon will be there game 3. And if we win game 2 it will be Hayne, Morris, Cooper, Lyon, Tahu, I would say.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Now we will have Captain Kurt at 5/8, hip hip hooray.

According to the latest paper stories;

- Dugan is cover for Hayne.

- Barrett will be halfback.

- Gidley will be 5/8 unless Dugan & Hayne are both ruled out, then he will be fullback.

- Pearce will come into the halves only if Hayne & Dugan are both ruled out and Gidley plays fullback.

FFS do they ever learn! So they are basically palying no halves in there real positions. Barrett is a sh*t halfback he is sh*t at running a team around the park, he's NSW's best 5/8 and they intend to play him at halfback WTF??? And Gidley is the best utility we have, the perfect player to replace Craig Wing imo, but they will not remove the stupid captaincy from him so they have to change the whole team to accommodate him in the halves. They are f**king idiots!

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Five times may be a stretch but he is a far better player with ball in hand.

Anyway, I want Jennings there ahead of Lawrence, so this has nothing to do with the Tigers.

smacky is the first Dragons fan to agree with me. We need to fight fire with fire.

I said I would rather J. Morris.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Wouldn't complain with J.Morris but I'd rather Jennings.

Completely agree with you on the halves, and Gidley. Absolutely pathetic, they will never learn.

They signed their death warrant when they named Gidley as captain. Now they are picking players out of position to accomodate him. f**k me.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Come on, the brilliant minds got together and Brett Kimmorley and Josh Perry were the issue.

NSW will win now..........hahahahahahahahaha

Bumble

First Grade
I really find it truly frightening how much hybrid and I have disagreed in the soccer forum over the years but how f**king similar our opinions are in RL.

Although I guess anyone that isn't a Dragons fan or handicapped can see the problems...