What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 2

gerg

Juniors
What about:

Dugan, Morris, Morris or Lawrence or Champion (all good), Jennings, Hayne (Uate), Lewis, Barrett, Snowden, Ennis, Weyman, Hindmarsh (c), Gallen, Bird. Bench: TLL, Galloway, Mannah, Joel Thompson.

Couldn't do any worse, thoughts?

BLKOUT! - I'd say Andrew Johns was holding the camcorder while kidley was giving the blowy.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
There's no hope at all.

Of the 21 players named, he is the only guy 100% certain of pulling on a sky blue jersey on Weds week - they named him captain again.....

Oh and good thing they bumped the number of centers back up to 4. In a 21 man squad there are 4 centers, 3 fullbacks and only 3 props :crazy:

What the heck is wrong with these selectors? Do we get new ones for game 3 once we lose this one?
And a new coach too please. Some people who won't pick 'give me the ball' Gidley.

There are 4 props: King, White, Weyman and L-Lahrs.

I get your point, though.

bluey

Bench
Personally i would have had Champo and Jennings in fron of Cooper and scott,you have got to be able to score points as well as defend.

Springs

First Grade
I agree with Champion as right centre. Been the form right centre of the comp and has destroyed Jennings, Lawrence and Morris when they played each other. Better than switching Tahu, Lawrence or Morris to the right and definitely better than Scott or Idris.

But please, do not pick Creagh or Waterhouse, please...

league

Juniors
Lawrence? seriously, what's so special about him? he's in a run and gun style team, you would expect his stats to be superior. He has some pace and that's about it. So much for his "attacking prowess" that he currently ranks 26th out of all centres for average running metres, 9th for linebreaks, 28th for offloads and 17th for tackle breaks. If we are to pick a side based on stats then Shaun Kenny Dowall would be the first f**king centre picked.

Tigers fans are seriously pathetic :lol::lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Lawrence? seriously, what's so special about him? he's in a run and gun style team, you would expect his stats to be superior. He has some pace and that's about it. So much for his "attacking prowess" that he currently ranks 26th out of all centres for average running metres, 9th for linebreaks, 28th for offloads and 17th for tackle breaks. If we are to pick a side based on stats then Shaun Kenny Dowall would be the first f**king centre picked.

Tigers fans are seriously pathetic :lol::lol:

Since when do you parade "offloads" as stats for a CENTRE? :lol:

Oh that's right, only when you are championing the cause for Beau Scott, an average backrower who is playing in the centres.

FTW, I wanted Jennings picked before Lawrence. But Lawrence is about five times the player Scott is.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
That's because there is no answer, i.e. the answer is none. :lol:

Correct!

Suppose its easier to call me a f**kwit because I am merely questioning the selection of a centre who can't attack, and can't score points.

This has nothing to do with me supporting the Tigers - Jennings, J.Morris and even Champion I would have no complaints over. You know, players who are actually slightly dangerous with the ball in their hands.

But who cares about scoring tries, lets just try and stop Inglis. :crazy:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Yeah keep telling yourself that.

I notice that not one person in this thread has answered my questions about Scott's attack.

Perhaps if you avoided the use of hyperbole, you might get a real answer. You could have said that Scott is a converted back rower and not really an attacking centre, but no, you had to go and make out that he is one of the worst players to ever strap on a boot. That is what earnt you the f**kwit response.

All I know is the Dragons are going along just fine with Scott in the centres, better than the respective teams of Jennings, Lawrence, and Champion, and by a fair margin in the case of the latter two.

A blast from the past: the Roosters had a bloke play centre for them in the 60s named Ron Saddler. He was good enough to play for NSW and Australia (alongside Reg Gasnier, no less), and was very much a defensive centre (didn't score many tries, but opposition centres feared going up against him). They do exist, and they do (and should) get picked for rep teams - if they're good enough, which I believe Scott is. I'm not suggesting Scott is as good as Saddler was, but he plays a very similar role, and is nowhere near as bad as some Tigers and Souths fans are suggesting.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Perhaps if you avoided the use of hyperbole, you might get a real answer. You could have said that Scott is a converted back rower and not really an attacking centre, but no, you had to go and make out that he is one of the worst players to ever strap on a boot. That is what earnt you the f**kwit response.

I asked questions, which still no one defending the Scott selection has even attempted to answer.

He is a converted backrower and is isn't even slightly dangerous with ball in hand. These are facts.

When did I ever say he is one of the worst players to ever strap on a boot?

All I know is the Dragons are going along just fine with Scott in the centres, better than the respective teams of Jennings, Lawrence, and Champion, and by a fair margin in the case of the latter two.

That's a ridiculous argument. Suppose no player from any side except the top four teams should be picked then? :roll:

Scott is going so well that when Gasnier signs, he will be moved to the backrow. Wonder why that is? Wouldn't be because Gasnier is actually dangerous in attack, is it? Say, like Jennings?

A blast from the past: the Roosters had a bloke play centre for them in the 60s named Ron Saddler. He was good enough to play for NSW and Australia (alongside Reg Gasnier, no less), and was very much a defensive centre (didn't score many tries, but opposition centres feared going up against him). They do exist, and they do (and should) get picked for rep teams - if they're good enough, which I believe Scott is. I'm not suggesting Scott is as good as Saddler was, but he plays a very similar role, and is nowhere near as bad as some Tigers and Souths fans are suggesting.

Fact is, this NSW team struggles to score points at the best of times and picking Beau Scott isn't going to change that. That is my argument.

Doug2234

First Grade
hybrid your rambling is the exact same mentality of Wests Tigers.

Who cares about defence right???

Fein

First Grade

The teams running second, third and fifth, you mean?

Fair margin?

:lol:

I don't think anyone is suggesting Scott is bad it's just that there are glaringly far better options than him for a centres spot in the NSW S.O.O. team.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
hybrid your rambling is the exact same mentality of Wests Tigers.

Who cares about defence right???

Who said I don't care about defence? FFS you people are deluded. Defence is not our problem, attack is.

Go back and look at the tries we scored in game one. All lucky tries, most of them off kicks with lucky bounces. Nothing at all creative or constructive in attack. If you disagree I can't help you and can only assume you are watching different games.

And still not one person has answered the questions about Scott's attack. Is it that hard?

watatank

Coach
Fact is, this NSW team struggles to score points at the best of times and picking Beau Scott isn't going to change that. That is my argument.

Maybe, but do you know what would change that?

More creative halves. A more creative fullback. A forward pack that actually goes forward. A bench that provides impact. None of which NSW have right now.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Now we knowwhy Tim Sheens bags out Tigers supporters all the time

To be fair to teflon Tim, John Morris wouldn't look out of place in Origin at the moment, taking into account some of the selections.

That would be another player who can defend, but couldn't trouble a wet paper bag in attack :idea:.

gronkathon

First Grade
don't forget f**king off useless merkins like Creagh and Waterhouse who, while being superb club players, offer nothing close to what is required in Origin

hybrid_tiger

Coach
don't forget f**king off useless merkins like Creagh and Waterhouse who, while being superb club players, offer nothing close to what is required in Origin

But Creagh was going to scare Lockyer all night.

Just like Gidley was going to be the best player on the field.

Thats what Loz and Joey told us all.

Fein

First Grade
But Creagh was going to scare Lockyer all night.

Just like Gidley was going to be the best player on the field.

Thats what Loz and Joey told us all.

Yes, who can forget the fear and terror Lockyer was stuck with on that fateful evening. :lol:

As for these two, f**k me dead, the depth of sh*t NSW is in, is really bad.

Latest posts