What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 3

Special K

Coach
Best team we have named so far but needs less Scott and king.. Great pack with bird, gallen, watmough, Lewis, mannah and snowden... I really don't get the point of king though

Noa

First Grade
Some good selections
-Like I suggested in the NSW Core thread, pick Bird at 13 and play Lewis in the 2nd-row,
- Watmough coming off the bench will be a huge lift,
- playing Jennings on the left is smart, not a fan of Gordons selection though. Yes he's a good player but he wont be there in 2 years. Should have picked Lawrence or someone as young.
- Barret & Ennis......................

Forget to add Queensland will still put 40 on them.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I think Farah was nursing an ankle so you cannot complain about Ennis.

Bar King for Douglas or Galloway that is the pack that pretty much every non saints nsw fan has wanted. Now you will see how good it can be.

I still think Scott is there to establish himself as an option to ocver Soward next year if Bird doesn't come off.

Game on. Go Queensland!

Doomednow

Bench
Gidley playing is a gift to him. As is Baretts captaincy, the guy is retiring this year after all. We will likely get romped, but at least there's some new guys in there. Here's looking to the future, and I suppose there's an outside chance we might actually play some good football.

Will be interested to see who gets retained for game one next year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Gotta say. How the f**k is King in this team?

He got owned at club level. He made 71m metres against the Panthers forward pack. Panthers entire starting forward pack made 100+m and we had two benchies who made more metres then King aswell.

I have mixed feelings on Jennings being recalled and Gordon getting the nod. Both will do great for NSW IMO. But this game is nowhere near as important as the Dragons/Panthers clash. I would much rather the 2 points then winning the dead rubber game only for half the team to be dropped next year anyway.

aussies1st

Staff member
Not only naming the guy that is retiring this year but also making him captain, talk about going no where. This is a dead rubber we should have tried a 5/8 for the future.

Springs

First Grade
Barrett? Really? In what way does he deserve the captaincy? By doing nothing in Origin, leading around the last-placed team? Losing two series straight? Retiring next year?
Good luck to the five-eighth they decide to chuck in the deep end game 1 next year. It will be all his fault if they lose of course.
And why did we retain a centre that's likely to be punted for Gasnier when he returns? What's the point? And Gordon? El Masri has been pretty ripped off.

The pack improves at least. Lewis and Watmough are good. Creagh and Waterhouse gone also good. But great, Bird. Guess we just penalise Queensland out of the game. Pick him at five-eighth if anywhere instead of Barrett.
Also congratulations Tim Mannah, deserved it. Too bad you took Hindmarsh's spot though, he didn't deserve to be dropped.

meatloaf

Juniors
Beau Scott? What was wrong with Champion or Lawrence. And Micheal Gordan im going to have fun watching him defend against QLD.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Congrats Lewy, MJ and Flash. I know they'll play well just come through unscathed. It will be hard without them against the Dragons though.

I thought i would never say this but i hope QLD do win. They go and drop a guy like Nathan Hindmarsh who goes out there and nearly kills himself from charging at the line and tackling himself to stand still every night, yet they persist with a guy like Brett Morris who i think could have been QLD's best in game two.

joseph1

Juniors
There is more to like with Jennings, Mannah, and Snowdog. Lets hope they cement their respective spots. Scott i dont like but he has 1 more chance to do somrthing (something tells me he wont). I agree with Tim Grant over King but he was always their next prop maybe because he has experience and is a club captain. But the main f***up i can see is Hindmarsh should have the 11, Gallen 12 and Lewis 13 with Bird on the bench instead of Gidley. We dont need a backup dummyhalf, Ennis can play 80 minutes, this substitution keeps screwing our flow since they want Gidley to play like 60 minutes...

Grishnakh

Juniors
I can't believe Eenis is there again. I feel like crying (and I'm 50 for chrissakes). What does Robbie Farah have to do? He's just about the only genuine consistently creative player in NSW and Eenis just trots to dummy half and makes the occasional third in tackle. Look at him tonight smacking his handbag at Leahroyd-Lars trying to look hard.

I'm going for Queensland.

Probably.

We dont need a backup dummyhalf, Ennis can play 80 minutes, this substitution keeps screwing our flow since they want Gidley to play like 60 minutes...

Centrebet are offering odds for Ennis' first try assist/ try/ break assist/ break in Origin footy.

The smart money is on Ennis to set up his first break in game 3, 2014.

He currently runs for 12m a game and at that rate he'll bring up his ton in 8 games time. I can't wait to see the plucky little fella raise the ball to the pavilion.