What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 3

Moffo

Referee
not a bad team, only changes i would make

idris > scott
douglas > king
hindmarsh > bird
a dog turd > gidley

Chook Norris

First Grade
Some better selections at last, imo

only real inquiries must be into the re-selection of Scott/Barret.. tbh

Getting a bit better.

However Chris Lawrence should be there in front of Beau Scott. Play Lawrence on the left and Jennings on the right. Lawrence is so far in front of Scott it is not even close. Scott as a defensive centre looked bad when Inglis scored early in game 2 and Lawrence went straight through him on Friday each of the 2 times he got quality ball.

Pick a young 5/8th and put him in instead of Barret. I still don't know who but I am leaning towards Soward.

IMHO the non selection of Farah over Ennis is the worst selection mistake I have seen in my 30 years plus of watching rugby league. Farah is the far superior player in every aspect of the game except giving penalties away. If you asked the 16 NRL coaches who the would want between the 2; 15 would say Farah and the other guy neither because he has Cameron Smith.

I would have given either Grant or Douglas a go over King as well.

The QLD team if they turn up will score at least 18-24 points minimum. I still don't think we have picked a side that can outscore them; therefore we can't win.

RABK

Referee
Thank f**k Creagh and Waterhouse are gone - stamp them NEVER to play again. The two softest pillows to ever pull on an Origin jersey.

northwest9

Juniors
both snowden and gallen in the squad, no, thats not the cricket score, thats the penalty count folks.

ennis.... no no no no no

jennings and gordon . . . yesy

mannah... about time those muppet selectors put him in. i think he is currently the best prop that nsw have.

surprised they dropped white. not on form (he offered little), but because i thought he was their little darling.

beau scott .. no

gronkathon

First Grade
Creagh being gone is cause for celebration.

Jason King is laughable and a Bozo Fulton special.

What really strikes me though is the captaincy. NSW give it to Barrett to keep the pressure off young players. This is the problem. NSW selectors seem to view the captaincy of the NSW side as a burden and not the honour it should be. Surlely captaincy would make a player feel 10 foot tall and bulletproof

Mr Saab

Referee
It will be 10 yrs since the game 3 2000 massacre...i think QLD need to get some revenge and embarrass NSW in a game three dead rubber.

Gippsy

Bench
Getting better, but could have been better still.

I would have given Dugan, Douglas, Lawrence & Heighington a run as well & found a 5/8 for the future. Isn't Barrett retiring at the end of this year? Either Sutton, Soward or Carney, take your pick.

But with Bellamy still coaching I expect more of the same ol' crap. Barrett inside ball to a forward to get smashed by Thaiday etc, last tackle kick to Falou or Inglis, and no pressure on Thurston, Smith & the other Storm players. :?

NSW's only chance is if Qld have a week partying like they did last year.

Gippsy

Bench
Oh yeah, I'd have Farah over Ennis too. So apart from half a dozen players, I'm pretty happy with the team.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
8 changes, 7 of them bad and some of them in the wrong positions.

This team is actually worse than the last 2.

Queensland to run up 40 points.

I guess it's a good thing that the selectors are so biased towards the Dragons that they don't pick glaringly better players in the NSW Origin side, otherwise it would mean the Tigers would have 3 or 4 players out every year.

As a Tigers fan, I hope the selectors are reinstated next year, it means, Farah, Heighington, Lawrence, Galloway and even Gibbs are available every week for the Tigers.

All 5 could be put in the NSW side in their natural positions and they would strengthen this NSW team immensely.

And thats not bias either, it's simple fact most people could hardly disagree with.

NSW desperately needs to select a proper fullback, not some hot and cold winger.

Attacking centres who are defensively sound, not defence oriented like Scott.

A playmaker at five-eighth, not a catch and pass, kick on the fifth type player like Barrett

A genuinely skillful halfback.

A hooker with a bit of creativity and isn't scared to run with the ball.
Props who actually try to keep going forward once they hit the defensive line
Back rowers who run at gaps and try and get the ball away

I think once these areas have been rectified NSW will be a very powerful side. Until then they'll continue being easybeats for Queensland.

1 - Dugan
2 - Morris
3 - Jennings
4 - Lawrence
5 - Hayne
6 - Campese
7 - Carney
8 - Douglas
9 - Farah
10 - Galloway
11 - Watmough
12 - Gallen
13 - Heighington

14 - Gibbs
15 - Snowden
16 - Mason
17 - Bird

I'd back this team to go close to beating Queensland next year and this game would have been the perfect time to get them all together and ready for next year.

Doomednow

Bench
I was with ya until you dropped Lewis for Heighington LMAO

Same. There's your bias, even though that might be a bit rich since we are panthers fans. Also, Campese? Still? No. Mate if those selections were made people would be saying the same things they are now: Some solid improvements, but still some glaringly poor selections.

I like Carney though. Want to see him there next year.