What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 3

Mr Saab

Referee
Bird - sh*t form all year. Always been overrated anyway.

Snowden & Mannah - nobodies. I guess NSW are running low on props though.

How are they going to stand up to the might of Petero & the worlds greatest prop Shillington? They will get creamed.

QLD by 70-80.

Mannah and Snowden may not be Lazarus and Harragon as far as reputation, but they deserve their spots in the team. As you said, NSW are lacking props at the moment.

RHCP said:
Have you been watching any games? Snowden & Mannah have been in brilliant form this year.

^Yes. Neither of them are up to it at this point. Mannah might be in the future, Snowden never will be though.

I would of gone for Galloway if picking a debutant prop. At least he held his own against Shillington when he was tired/backing up from Origin last week.

King, Snowden & Mannah are going to get slaughtered.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
It is a by product of swapping around the side all the time, how many origin class players have been developed in Bellamy's time? Maybe Hayne but even he is struggling this year.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Just think you'd likely be a Canberra fan to state Shillington is "the greatest prop in the world".

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Care to name a better prop? He proved it in Origin 2. He dominated NSW completely.

Wow - one game is proof of being the greatest. I think one game demonstrates form else I could say Paul Rauhihi is the greatest prop ever - he proved it in 2005.

Here is a list of people he is not greater than merely cos of one game;

Petero Civnociva and Ben Hannant are my first picks. Now you can say but Hannant was not selected for game 3 correctly. To which I can respond with yeah but Shillington is on the bench thus he is behind Scott, and it is Petero's presence that benched Shillo so he is behind him too. I think Hannant has the makings of the next Lazarus. The Greatest prop to ever play for Canberra!

I would still rate a fully fit Asotasi if ever will be again. Think he is dynamite. I would take Adam Blair as a prop over Shillington as well. Different style of play but more effective.

I am a big fan of Shillingtons. I am also a fan of TLL. i just do not think Shillington can reasonably labelled the greatest prop when he has done sweet stuff all to deserve the tag - hell convince the poms Shillo is better than Morley.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Care to name a better prop? He proved it in Origin 2. He dominated NSW completely.

Yeah, but NSW are useless at the moment, so i didnt take much out of that game apart from the fact that the tigers of 1994 would have beaten NSW in game 2

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yeah, but NSW are useless at the moment, so i didnt take much out of that game apart from the fact that the tigers of 1994 would have beaten NSW in game 2

Bit harsh. Sironen, Elias and Brasher were useful but that years side was horrid. They did beat a fairly strong but young Newcastle team on their way to 4 wins in the season, however. So anything is possible.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bit harsh. Sironen, Elias and Brasher were useful but that years side was horrid. They did beat a fairly strong but young Newcastle team on their way to 4 wins in the season, however. So anything is possible.

Those three did play origin that year, but the fact that the other players were named Morvin Edwards, Marty Moore, Des Clarke, Graham Lyons, Damian Ford and John Bentley amongst many other average players, means that those three could never carry them.

Spot On

Coach
^Yes. Neither of them are up to it at this point. Mannah might be in the future, Snowden never will be though.

I would of gone for Galloway if picking a debutant prop. At least he held his own against Shillington when he was tired/backing up from Origin last week.

Both very ordinary metres and minutes.

RHCP

Bench
Jason King :lol:

I wonder how many times he will back into the defensive line for this one.

gronkathon

First Grade
Those three did play origin that year, but the fact that the other players were named Morvin Edwards, Marty Moore, Des Clarke, Graham Lyons, Damian Ford and John Bentley amongst many other average players, means that those three could never carry them.

Well until reading that I had managed to block that side from my memory.

Thanks

mrpwnd

Bench
Name one player that wasn't dominating on the QLD side in game 2...
Honestly thats just like saying John Sutton is the worlds greatest 5/8 because he helped beat the Tigers by a sh*t load of points.
Take the green condom off and start watching proper footy.

Yosh

Coach

Hey can I add this to my signature? I think your dead wrong.:)

perverse

Referee
Hey can I add this to my signature? I think your dead wrong.:)
don't ask him Yoshy, just do it. i'd say it's just part of his anti-"anything remotely related to or originating from Newcastle" crusade.

Snowden will be a mainstay in the blues team for years to come. he's aggressive and won't take a single backward step for any reason. he will do the jersey proud.

i'm not sure how Mannah will go this year, but he's another one who will feature for the blues in the future i'm sure. glad he's getting a run now. i haven't followed him anywhere near as closely as i have Snowy, but he has looked good when i have seen him play.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
You think Bobby's Snowden comments may result in a mild dose of Tone Tard and Hayne from last year?