What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL New South Wales team, Game 3

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Same. There's your bias, even though that might be a bit rich since we are panthers fans. Also, Campese? Still? No. Mate if those selections were made people would be saying the same things they are now: Some solid improvements, but still some glaringly poor selections.

I like Carney though. Want to see him there next year.

Well if available Im sure he would have gone for Benji....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was the point I was getting at though. The Tigers have been snubbed, so I set about to show that a team heavy with Tigers players and with practically nothing from the Dragons, would actually be just as good if not better.

Gaba

First Grade
That was the point I was getting at though. The Tigers have been snubbed, so I set about to show that a team heavy with Tigers players and with practically nothing from the Dragons, would actually be just as good if not better.
dont know about that , tigers arent a high scoring team and mainly rely on marshall or farrah and thier defense isnt great.

Where nsw dont have halves like that or the current coach , tigers play well under sheens who has game plans , imo the tigers players would just be like every one else in the current nsw team ,will have to come up with thier own stuff on the field

But i agree with you in the halves Nsw need an attacking halfback

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And look at how well picking defensive oriented NSW Sides has gone.

Failure everytime.

First things first. You need to score points to win. Picking a squad of defenders won't score you enough points to win any contest.

In every key attacking position in the NSW side, bar the inept fullback, the Selectors have been picking defensive players.

Jennings is the only exception to that rule.

Gaba

First Grade
i agree with that ,also having a coach with game plans help as well, you can pick all defenders or all attacking team you will still get the same result under Bellamy , players doing their own plans on the field.Thats the point im making for this game

Next year if nsw do have a coach with game plans , the only thing they need is a decent halfback.

Then mixed the team with players from tigers and whoever that can defend and attack .Look at qld they haven't really blitz nsw with attacking plays, they had game plans and skill of the players to execute them.

Mr Saab

Referee
Next year if nsw do have a coach with game plans , the only thing they need is a decent halfback.

Then mixed the team with players from tigers and whoever that can defend and attack .Look at qld they haven't really blitz nsw with attacking plays, they had game plans and skill of the players to execute them.

Game plans? You can have bozo, bennett, anderson and Gould coaching NSW....if you dont have the players like QLD do then you will struggle to win

Gaba

First Grade
Game plans? You can have bozo, bennett, anderson and Gould coaching NSW....if you dont have the players like QLD do then you will struggle to win

Maybe so , but they would be playing better then the crap they have been under Bellamy, the players would be working on a plan

gronkathon

First Grade
Barrett being in the side secures Ennis's place in the side.

If they wanted experice and an eye to moving forward than Greg Bird would have been the logical option but his lack of a tactical kick and some creativity would mean a Farah would have to come into the side to balance it

Mustard Keppers

Juniors
Agreed Gronkathon, NSW captaincy should be considered treasure not a chore.

sh*t team, I thought we were going for a clean out???

Barrett over any of Sutton, Soward, Carney, Campese is a travesty.

Spot On

Coach
I hope I never see an origin team with Campese, Galloway, Mason and Gibbs in it. We wan't blokes with a bit of heart and mongrel and a couple of props that can motor for more than 10 minutes. Lets be thankful we don't have to watch Weyman and White go around again and be hopeful that Snowden can impress and be retained for next season and maybe be paired up with Douglas come Origin 1, 2011. I will be suprised if King is up to it but starnger things have happened. Campo would be considered if he ever plays like he did in late 2008 but until he's up for a contract renewal he may just continue to dish up the sh*t he's been giving Raiders supporters for the last 18 months.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
If I'm reading your post correctly, you're alleging Gibbs can't motor for more than 10 minutes? He averages 55 a game, which is right up at the top with Snowden, Bailey, Hannant & Matt Scott amongst regular starting props.

The Big Cheese

Juniors
Hmm yay it only took them 2 decimations to pick a decent team...and its still not great.

1. Jennings finally in, gordon though....im a panthers supporter but Gordon just isn't origin level yet.

2.Trent Barret Captain.....god what the hell are they thinking. How is picking someone thats retiring next year for captain looking towards the future. Smarter option would've been to give Luke Lewis Captaincy, hes experienced but still has a lot of years ahead of him, great role model, great defense, great offense and this would've been a good decision because if he can handle it theres one less thing dumbass selectors have to worry about next year.

3. In my opinion the best thing about this nsw team is THE GIGANTIC LACK OF JAMAL IDRIS =D

Doomednow

Bench
3. In my opinion the best thing about this nsw team is THE GIGANTIC LACK OF JAMAL IDRIS =D

I saw this sentence out of the corner of my eye as I was reading the paragraph above. Looked like it said THE GIGANTIC C*CK OF JAMAL IDRIS.

That is all. If you want me to make any more valuable contributions I'll be over here.

Spot On

Coach
If I'm reading your post correctly, you're alleging Gibbs can't motor for more than 10 minutes? He averages 55 a game, which is right up at the top with Snowden, Bailey, Hannant & Matt Scott amongst regular starting props.

No mate - Weyman and Galloway, White to an extent. I'm totally aware of Gibbs' sats but I wouldn't have him in front of the others I mentioned in the post. Sorry, I'm not the biggest fan of Gibbs and I know the Tigers fans rate him highly :D

Tiger Hawk

Bench
No sweat. I wouldn't have him in front of Snowden or Douglas but if you're looking for consistency Gibbs is the model of it. He may not have a lot of flash to his game but his work-rate is immense. Along with the two Sharks boys, he's been the most consistent NSW prop this year.

joseph1

Juniors
Carney is in no way a superior attacking halfback to Pearce. This guy obviously hasnt seen many roosters games. Pearce has been ripping up in 2010. Charging at the line, sending players through gaps, and putting in deft little kicks. Of all the three QLDers Pearce plays the most like Scott Prince in my opinion, and i also believe Prince is the most dangerous attacking halfback in the game, he should be qld 7 and thurston wider at 6 when lockyer retires. Carney - could be our future 6 but needs to stop running sidewards and develop his passing and kicking games in the oppositions 20.

Big Pete

Referee
Bird at 6 is perhaps the biggest SoO myth I've seen.

How he got MotM in either of those games...is beyond comprehension.

4. Justin Hodges 6'3
3. Greg Inglis 6'5
2. Israel Folau 6'6

Any one felt that the size difference in the backs was a big factor in QLD's dominance over the years!