What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official NSW Game Two Team

soc123_au

Staff member
If Grant can carry his club form into Origin NSW will be well served. All this crap about Jennings being dropped & Lewis loosing the captaincy sparking Penriths change of fortunes is BS. It has more to do with Grant returning from injury. Last week against Manly he was a beast.

aussies1st

Staff member
Woods unlucky but at least we kinda of have a 4 prop rotation. Still don't get the love for having so many backrowers in the side.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Phil Gould gusgould91
Congratulations Tim Grant from the @PenrithPanthers. Told you mate. You were born for this .. You will kill them .. Well done & best wishes

Well said Gus!

gronkathon

First Grade
As others have said Woods for Creagh and I would be ecstatic.

I thought we were going to get it when Gall was announced in at lock but alas no.

Grant has deserved this shot for a while and was overlooked and/or injred at crucial junctures. Replacing Gall in the starting prop slot was always going to be a hard sell for Woods (I am a Tigers fan) The beauty of a Grant style player is he balances out the footwork and finesse of Tamou with some outright bullocking runs.

The shift of Gall to lock hopefully will see him slot next to Todd in defence which will sure up his confidence and add that little bit of composure

munge

Juniors
Phil Gould gusgould91
Congratulations Tim Grant from the @PenrithPanthers. Told you mate. You were born for this .. You will kill them .. Well done & best wishes

Well said Gus!

^^^^
Wonder how much influence Gus had no the decision? (not taking anything away from tim grant who i admire as a footballer and a human being)

mxlegend99

Referee
Replace Ben Creagh with Aaron Woods and that side is pretty much as good as we could hope for.

Tim Grant probably would have been there in the Origin 1 side if he wasn't injured for such a large chunk of the start of the season. His work rate in each game has been pretty good, with his worst game being his first game back from injury:

Round 1 vs Bulldogs - 23 hit ups for 203m gained, 22 tackles for 0 missed (56 mins)
Round 8 vs Knights - 16 hit ups for 111m gained, 29 tackles for 4 missed (49 mins)
Round 9 vs Storm - 15 hit ups for 123m gained, 26 tackles for 2 missed (56 mins)
Round 10 vs Dragons - 17 hit ups for 134m gained, 32 tackles for 2 missed (48 mins)
Round 11 vs Cowboys - 14 hits ups for 120m gained, 26 tackles for 1 missed (47 mins)
Round 12 vs Sea Eagles - 19 hit ups for 185m gained, 26 tackles for 1 missed (47 mins)

If he can even pump out a similar performance to his worst one at club level for NSW, he would easily be ahead of 90% of the other front rowers to make their debut in the past 6 or 7 years. If he can do his job for NSW our starting pack should be much better off having Gallen in it aswell as Tamou and Grant leading up front.

3 edge forwards on the interchange? what's the point of that? should have another big bopper there. better off starting gallen at prop, maintain lewis at left forward, bird back into the middle, and moving grant to interchange.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Congrats Tim Grant!

3 Panthers in the side is surprising considering our position on the ladder but overall I think this NSW side was close in Game 1 and I think they can take out Game 2 at home.

Replace Ben Creagh with Aaron Woods and that side is pretty much as good as we could hope for.

not a fan of creagh, but you're falling into the same old NSW trap of debuting more and more props based on few good club games. then they get into origin and get owned.

origin props need to be identified on certain attributes, not simply recent form. galloway for example will never play origin again because he was exposed as simply to slow for this level.

give woods another year to consistently perform and improve his game at NRL level and see how he's travelling for next series.

The shift of Gall to lock hopefully will see him slot next to Todd in defence which will sure up his confidence and add that little bit of composure

I'd say G Stewart will maintain that spot on the right, Bird on the left, and Gal will be the tighter forward with the props.

Crippler

Juniors
bench should of been

14. Woods
15. Galloway
16. lewis
17. Watmough

Players on form instead of backwards Creagh and I feel Woods form is better than Merrin this year