What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL NSW side

NSWofOrigin

Hmm, bit of a contradiction in there champ.

Why is it a contradiction? How is it a contradiction? Because a Manly player missed out? Because I'm replacing 2 Manly players with a Manly player?

Stuart got the man he wants in Creagh to include in the front row rotation or whatever he thinks he can achieve with him against the beliefs of 90% of NSW supporters and probably Fulton, and Bob gets to pat himself on the back by getting another couple of NSW debutants from Manly.

Dragon2010

First Grade
So you think Williams one of the most explosive and damaging players in the game is going to be a bad inclusion? Match-Fit or not he's kept fit with a strong training plan and not like he's playing 80minutes. If anything I think his suspension will bring him back hungry, full of energy and ready to rip in and play some serious football. It's not just because "He's a Manly player". Williams DESERVES to be there. Sims does to and I'd rather drop Buhrer and have him. (No need for a utility with Hayne, Lewis and Bird in the squad). He won't disappoint.

Buhrer. While a questionable selection have you watched Manly games? The guy tries his heart-out and is a hard-hitter and built tough. The guy shows the grit needed for Origin. If he plays the way he does for Manly he will be a much better asset then Kidley and no doubt have a hand in a few great plays.

Creagh. Well not the best selection but we've had worse.

I'm sorry. Would you rather 7 Dragon's players again like last year?

DiabloThree

Juniors
I agree mostly with NSWofOrigin & Dragons2010

Creagh should not be there and this is comming from the most biased one eyed dragons fan on the planet. I would not be picking any out of form players or players who have been injured or suspended and missed out on games, even though players like T-Rex can make a massive impact.

Players should be rewarded by form, this year and last year.

I think the biggest loss is Mateo, he is the weapon we need in attack, his offloads are second to none. There really isn't any reason why he shouldn't be picked.

Boganater

Juniors
I agree mostly with NSWofOrigin & Dragons2010

Creagh should not be there and this is comming from the most biased one eyed dragons fan on the planet. I would not be picking any out of form players or players who have been injured or suspended and missed out on games, even though players like T-Rex can make a massive impact.

Players should be rewarded by form, this year and last year.

I think the biggest loss is Mateo, he is the weapon we need in attack, his offloads are second to none. There really isn't any reason why he shouldn't be picked.

You're right about Mateo, he really would add something different to the team.
Hinchcliffe would have been my 1st pick for bench utility, but I wouldn't complain if Mateo was there in that role. He would be truly hard to handle coming on fresh later in the match. Maybe later in the series.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Mateo would fail in Origin, imo. Brilliant club player, but he's the type that would go missing when it gets tough. He might go alright off the bench, but I don't think he'll be able to showcase his offloading ability properly in SOO. It's too physical.

Last edited:

Boganater

Juniors
Mateo would fail in Origin, imo. Brilliant club player, but he's the type that would go missing when it gets tough. He might go alright off the bench, but I don't think he'll be able to showcase his offloading ability properly in SOO. It's too physical.

There is only one way to find out. Put it this way they've given certain players repeated chances in Origin for little result so they could do no worse than to give him at least one game.

NSWofOrigin

So you think Williams one of the most explosive and damaging players in the game is going to be a bad inclusion? Match-Fit or not he's kept fit with a strong training plan and not like he's playing 80minutes. If anything I think his suspension will bring him back hungry, full of energy and ready to rip in and play some serious football. It's not just because "He's a Manly player". Williams DESERVES to be there. Sims does to and I'd rather drop Buhrer and have him. (No need for a utility with Hayne, Lewis and Bird in the squad). He won't disappoint.

Buhrer. While a questionable selection have you watched Manly games? The guy tries his heart-out and is a hard-hitter and built tough. The guy shows the grit needed for Origin. If he plays the way he does for Manly he will be a much better asset then Kidley and no doubt have a hand in a few great plays.

Creagh. Well not the best selection but we've had worse.

I'm sorry. Would you rather 7 Dragon's players again like last year?

No, not 7 Dragons. They can even take one back this year in Creagh.

Williams would be in my team under normal circumstances, but it doesn't matter how much training he's been doing, it doesn't replicate actual match fitness and particularly contact induced fatigue. Sure he'll be used in a couple of 10-15 min bursts, but there's also a bloke up in Townsville who's been playing out of his skin for the last 2 months while Williams has been completing running drills up at Narrabeen. What does the big bloke need to do to get noticed?? Play for Manly?? If NSW are to lose Game 1, he'll be included in Game 2 as will Watmough like last year. This is the problem. reaction rather than proaction. Pick the right team to win origin from Game 1.

Buhrer can have his time in the future, but this year, there are other senior, experienced and more capable players already selected in the squad that can do the same job. Lewis might deserve to be a starter in his favourite position, but making he or Bird the utility would enable the selection of an even bigger and stronger forward unit. Basically that extra prop that NSW is missing and needs in Mannah. Having all of Lewis, Bird, G Stewart and Creagh in the same squad as forwards unbalances this team.

Pazza

First Grade
T Rex has far more first grade, finals and Rep experience than Tariq, i am guessing that is why T rex got the nod. But there is no doubt Tariq has a huge future in rep footy. its only a matter of time before he is selected.

Haffa

Williams was unplayable before his suspension, and a couple of months off wouldn't really have much of an impact on his fitness. He's fresh and looks fit. I really think he will be the difference between the two teams.

Gippsy

Bench
I call BS. He has to prove a hell of a lot to a whole state, as he has been one of the faggiest SOO forwards I have seen in my time watching this arena. (20+ years)

Call whatever you want.

What I'm saying is he has the opportunity to redeem himself in the eyes of many in this one game. And I don't think he needs to because he has been judged by idiots on one incident in SOO, while he proves himself week in week out with the Dragons.

What I'm also saying is Hodges, Smith, Slater & Thaiday are unable to redeem themselves, they will always be wankers.

firechild

First Grade
Don't forget Glenn Stewart had 4 weeks off before the grand final and came out with a CC medal winning performance. Matai came back from a long suspension early last year and played some of the best footy of his career. Often these blokes come back feeling like they have something to prove and throwing them into a big game after a lengthy suspension can be the best thing to happen. Williams was listed as a near certainty for origin late last year and a suspension wouldn't change anything. The only thing that would have kept him out was if he'd been injured.

Dragon2010

First Grade
No, not 7 Dragons. They can even take one back this year in Creagh.

Williams would be in my team under normal circumstances, but it doesn't matter how much training he's been doing, it doesn't replicate actual match fitness and particularly contact induced fatigue. Sure he'll be used in a couple of 10-15 min bursts, but there's also a bloke up in Townsville who's been playing out of his skin for the last 2 months while Williams has been completing running drills up at Narrabeen. What does the big bloke need to do to get noticed?? Play for Manly?? If NSW are to lose Game 1, he'll be included in Game 2 as will Watmough like last year. This is the problem. reaction rather than proaction. Pick the right team to win origin from Game 1.

Buhrer can have his time in the future, but this year, there are other senior, experienced and more capable players already selected in the squad that can do the same job. Lewis might deserve to be a starter in his favourite position, but making he or Bird the utility would enable the selection of an even bigger and stronger forward unit. Basically that extra prop that NSW is missing and needs in Mannah. Having all of Lewis, Bird, G Stewart and Creagh in the same squad as forwards unbalances this team.

The 7 Dragon's was a joke in relation to "Take x instead of y". That's all. I'm a Dragons fan and I agree Creagh should have no spot in the team either. Let's hope he proves us wrong though and has a blinder for NSW sake and plays a great game and series (He has the potential to).

Look I agree I know Williams won't be match-fit but it's not like he will be playing 80miniutes he will come on burn some energy, do some damage and get-off. Come GameII hw will be more fit and if fitting play more minutes. If it was a playmKer doing that I'd be concerned but it's not. I agree. Sims not being thee is highly questionable he's been busting his ass and he is pure-impact. Personally, I'd have both Sims and Williams. But Williams is one of those players that can make a big play and swing the momentum instantly with a good run or play. That's what we need. It's a risk we need to take. I'm actually confident it will work. If anything he will come back from 8weeks off full of energy, and hungry to do some damage.

Sims is a Origin player for sure in the near future. No doubt I highly rate the kid. His day will come. And when it dos he will be an Origin machine and have his name for many years to come.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Don't forget Glenn Stewart had 4 weeks off before the grand final and came out with a CC medal winning performance. Matai came back from a long suspension early last year and played some of the best footy of his career. Often these blokes come back feeling like they have something to prove and throwing them into a big game after a lengthy suspension can be the best thing to happen. Williams was listed as a near certainty for origin late last year and a suspension wouldn't change anything. The only thing that would have kept him out was if he'd been injured.

^This. As I stated he will come back 100% revived and hungry. It's a good decisions and he will do what's required of him. Williams is pure class and we have to get behind the boys and show our faith and support in the team.

I might disagree with Creagh being the but I hope he has a blinder to prove me wrong and have a good game for his state, Same as Buhrer.etc.

hitman82

Bench
I realise it's not the same level as Origin (sadly) but Mateo has played extremely well for Tonga and was also strong in the NRL finals series last season.
If anything, I believe he's the kind of player who likes to showcase himself in big games - and I think he'd be a great addition to the NSW team. Surely he'd be better than having Creagh in the team anyway.

Mr Saab

Referee
Stupid comments from Tamou. He admits that he only chose Australia so he could play origin.

Latest posts