What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I'd only be two hours late, at least until daylight saving starts again.
I missed @JohnStoppafarty 's post... a shame as he went to such an effort, for very little return!

Let's just do the dick measuring thing by video - I'll send you both a Zoom link.

Magnify Rick Moranis GIF

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Option clauses are basically an "escape clause" for a player for any reason they might fancy at those point(s) in the future (e.g. change of coach, desire to move to a different city), while guaranteeing them some sense of longer term income security if the option(s) aren't taken up.

Smart negotiating on the player's side, for sure.
Depends how much money he gave up in its stead.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No you’re not. Basically he signed a 3 year deal with a ‘maybe’ clause that he will stay after the initial 3 years runs out. Basically the advantage to us is that we know how much money he is expecting if he takes the option. That’s the only advantage I can see.

Look I think he is a decent player but we are still paying for his potential. I’m happy to give him another chance with another coach but when you consider that he is probably at the moment on more money than Luai it annoys the f**k out of me.
I'm off him too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some teams can win with only 47% possession and on the wrong side of a 10-2 Penalty count.
View attachment 89764
That's the profile of a team that can't score tries jagging a very narrow win against a team that can't prevent them. As for the penalty count, here's the most penalised teams this year and their position on the ladder:

MerkinsPenalties per gameLadder position
Roosters7.15th
Bulldogs6.26th
Tigers5.916th
Panthers5.82nd
Sharks5.43rd
Cowboys5.310th
Storm5.21st
Dolphins5.14th

The eight most penalised teams this year includes the top six on the ladder. Your team wasn't on the "wrong side" of anything. You gained an advantage by cheating and only got caught ten times. The data above shows conceding penalties is obviously a better option than whatever those fouls are trying to prevent.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
That's the profile of a team that can't score tries jagging a very narrow win against a team that can't prevent them.
and the profile of a team that is on equal points with Parra and equal last.

You can t twist and turn and spout percentages as much as you like. Rugba Leeg is a simple game. Claiming you need 55% possession to win is ridiculous as the Tigers proved against Parra. Parra dominated possession and the worst team in the comp still beat Parra.....how do you spin that?

lucablight

First Grade
Well yeah, in the six games we've won (or lost narrowly) this year, we've only had more than 54% of the ball once, and in that game we put 26 point on the NRL's second best defensive side. Against the Cowboys we had 51%
Right. So we can stop with this nonsense about how we need an overwhelming amount of possession just to remain competitive.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

You can t twist and turn and spout percentages as much as you like. Rugba Leeg is a simple game. Claiming you need 55% possession to win is ridiculous as the Tigers proved against Parra. Parra dominated possession and the worst team in the comp still beat Parra.....how do you spin that?
He’ll spin it like the Gatting ball.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Wait...Parra beat Parra?