What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official: Redcliffe Dolphins to join NRL in 2023

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
They better have a geographical name, just “dolphins” is bogus.

Happy with redcliffe, happy with SQ, happy with sunshine state, just give em a bloody name

yadamisha

Juniors
Also I think you’ll find the majority of the dolphins support will come from the Moreton bay/sunshine coast area.
It’s a long way from Suncorp stadium so I expect poor crowds at Suncorp and a gradual shift back to playing home games away from there.
I agree with this.

A
Yeah if that happens it will be good for you but it will be a failure of an exercise and the club will be more like the Titans level than the Broncos level.
agreed but if done right it could be bigger than that and be more like a Canberra or Newcastle.
There will be over 1.1 million people in the Moreton bay/Sunshine Coast area within a decade.
Certainly large enough to have a successful NRL side, news corp were never going allow anyone to lessen the broncos influence.

DIEHARDTITAN

Juniors
I'll definitely be buying a membership to support them. Especially against the Broncos. I'm a northside boy and worked in Redcliffe at one stage,

As for names, I think The Dolphins is indeed a placeholder.

Moreton Bay Dolphins would have to be the fav. Brisbane for the factor that it'll piss off the Broncos and plug into the Olympics. Sunshine State could grow on me.

blaza88z

Coach
Sunshine State is basically saying "Queensland Dolphins", the Sunshine State is the phrase used to reference the entire state of QLD

Not sure how I feel about that

DIEHARDTITAN

Juniors
It's true that Sunshine State = Queensland. You can't say that North Queensland is devoid of sunshine.

I think it's smart to leave off a name for now because it gets people thinking and talking about it. The name will come.

MugaB

Coach
It's true that Sunshine State = Queensland. You can't say that North Queensland is devoid of sunshine.

I think it's smart to leave off a name for now because it gets people thinking and talking about it. The name will come.
Yeah but when does North QLD stop being north, where's this vague borderline where its starts, at least Sunshine State Dolphins has Queensland as a whole to represent, almost like the New Zealand Warriors or Wests Tigers, like where is Wests?