What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL RELEASE: Kearney becomes Eels coach

strider

Post Whore
OFFICIAL RELEASE: Kearney becomes Eels coach

Parramatta Eels Wed, 06 Oct 2010 09:52:00

damnit! - it was supposed to be 11am - sack the board! :fist:

“The main priority for me is the next seven weeks. We start training on the first of November and our focus is making sure we work hard during the pre-season and putting in structures and processes n to make us a competitive team for the 2011 season.”

well he's saying all the right buzz words - he's been observing what has happened :lol: :lol:

just joking ..... good luck to SK - hope we'll all be like this :D is 12 month's time

btw - his nickname is "Mooks" is it?

mrpwnd

Bench
putting in structures and processes
You'd almost think our club was just recently created.
Kearney(or "Mooks") appears to think he's up to the task, so for what it's worth we have a good start at least.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm with twizzle.

One thing he don't NOT have is a wealth of experience.

He's been Bellamy's assistant for like 5 years, taken control when Bellamy was away and he's coached the New Zealand side to World Cup glory.

Maybe not a Tim Sheens in terms of experience, but still an impressive resume.

mrpwnd

Bench
He's been Bellamy's assistant for like 5 years, taken control when Bellamy was away and he's coached the New Zealand side to World Cup glory.

Maybe not a Tim Sheens in terms of experience, but still an impressive resume.
At least the club didn't promote Brett Kenny to first grade coach.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
"Kearney: 'I needed to have assurance I would be in control of hiring & firing players' #NRL 11 minutes ago via Echofon"

Now there's an idea. A coach getting full control. I wonder what made him ask for those assurances....mmm....?? Isn't it great to see us replace such an "inexperienced" coach with one of such "vast experience". What a joke these morons running our great club are.

I have supported the mighty Parramatta Eels for over 35 years. I will continue to do so but I will never agree with the way Daniel Anderson was treated.

Kornstar

Coach
Welcome! Goodluck, you will need alot of it!!!!

Just a thought, we know DA wasn't that fond of Fui when he came to the club and we now have the same thing with SK, Fui may have to win him over too or he could be on the bench!

While not that complimentary in how the club acted in shafting Anderson, will certainly be putting all my support behind Mr Kearney, and am excited about what he can bring.

DeanPay98

Juniors
I'm not excited about Kearney. But at least he isn't Brett Kenny or Ricky Stuart.

This is either going to go a lot better than we hoped or end in total disaster.

eel4life

Juniors
Welcome to our club Mooks, 1st November the side begins training, ahhhhh the season can't start quick enough.

Good luck with the new season.

boxhead

First Grade
Yes, two assistant coaches....an interesting proposition; Brad Arthur coached the 2009 Storm NYC team to a premiership, a great coach......with both him and Peter Sharp assisting Stephen Kearney, I am honestly expecting big improvements to our club :)

woddy

Juniors
welcome SK..............looking forward to a better season than what we dished up this year , I'm confident we'll make the 8