What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL RELEASE: Kearney becomes Eels coach

84 Baby

Referee
Welcome! Goodluck, you will need alot of it!!!!

Just a thought, we know DA wasn't that fond of Fui when he came to the club and we now have the same thing with SK, Fui may have to win him over too or he could be on the bench!
Fui was picked for the Kiwis? So clearly Fui has won him over

Stagger eel

Staff member
I hear we'll know about the wenty job in the next day or 2 nd I'll be absolutely stunned if what matters is claiming he heard actually comes to fruition..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
At least Kearny will get the best out of Webb and Maitua,these two clowns wouldn't dare not try there best with this Kiwi beast in charge,he will kill them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I would like to see a new coach for NYC. They are a rabble.

a decent squad would help...

we were always going to get the spoon with the squad we had at our disposal and I think the coaching staff aknowledged that at the end of season review because they bolstered it with some talent in some important areas and most of our talented gf squad from SG Ball will be there.

Eels Dude

Coach
I wouldn't say I'm overly excited with Kearney as coach but I will support him as coach of the Eels. He did well at the Storm but that was behind Bellamy and an open checkbook. Though serving his apprenticeship under Bellamy who himself learned from Wayne Bennett is certainly comforting. But having a successful assistant coaching career doesn't mean you'll neceassarily become a great head coach so it's really hit or miss each time. Shane Flanagan was one of the most experienced assistant coaches in the business but I won't be expecting him to turn the Sharks around next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I wouldn't say I'm overly excited with Kearney as coach but I will support him as coach of the Eels. He did well at the Storm but that was behind Bellamy and an open checkbook. Though serving his apprenticeship under Bellamy who himself learned from Wayne Bennett is certainly comforting. But having a successful assistant coaching career doesn't mean you'll neceassarily become a great head coach so it's really hit or miss each time. Shane Flanagan was one of the most experienced assistant coaches in the business but I won't be expecting him to turn the Sharks around next year.

are there any guarentees in life???

Latest posts