What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Team for Round Three

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can't believe the side that Hagan has picked, he obviously watched a different game to the rest of us. How I Hindmarsh and Lowrie keep their spots is beyond me FFS. Mateo was one of the few player's that looked likely to do anything. And our bench looks woeful :?

1stly, I get the feeling that Hagan is trying to justify the Signings he made ie Lowrie and Ian Hindmarsh by selecting them continously. He went out of his way to sign these players and so far trial form and the 1st 2 rounds they have proved to be DUDS.

I can bet that some of the PL players would be absolutely livid.

Trust us Mick we won't hold it against you if you drop these hacks to the PL bench and promote players from PL who are better. f**k the excuse for experience we want hope for the future and we are willing to take a few losses with these young guys.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Few thoughts:

* Perhaps Mateo was named in the 18 because (1) it was the only jersey that fitted him; (2) to take pressure off him; (3) in case Ian's hearing does go wrong.

* I suspect that Ian Hindmarsh being named on the bench is for the purpose of covering a certain returning super-powerful prop...

* With our full-stength backline, it's unreaonable to expect Inu to come in. He could only come in for Burt, really, and, aside from that handling error, he was not really our worst player out there on Sunday.

Course, these are just my thoughts.

fish eel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
* With our full-stength backline, it's unreaonable to expect Inu to come in. He could only come in for Burt, .

He could also come in for Ben Smith.

Daneel

Bench
fish eel said:
He could also come in for Ben Smith.

He coud, but wouldn't that be a little unfair to Ben who i thought probably played his best game for us since his injury.

Suitman

Post Whore
Not only do we need to save points, we need to score some.
I don't think it's unreasonable at all.

We need to get rid of this Mr nice guy attitude, and put guys on notice.

OK, it hasn't happened this week, but it will need to happen soon.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
But Ben Smith hasn't been playing that badly.

He hasnt been playing that flash either. One of the mediocre nice guys that seem to get good careers out of Parramatta.

All this talk about Inu coming up and playing on the wing. Humbug. He is scoring a truckload of tries playing in the centres. When he comes up, thats where he should play.

carson

Juniors
Daneel said:
He coud, but wouldn't that be a little unfair to Ben who i thought probably played his best game for us since his injury.

We could have Inu on the bench and when he comes on switch ben to the second row, after all ben's tackles and hit ups last week were stronger than any of our forwards apart from Cayless.

Hurriflatch

Referee
While I'm disapointed that guys like Inu haven't been given a chance and that Feleti instead of Lowrie get dropped for Nathan to return.

THe thing that has surprised me and the thing that surprised me since Hagan was signed as coach is that there are people who actually thought Hagan would be the coach that would make changes and promote juniors when the only factor is form.

Parra's had 3 coaches in the last year listing them in terms of promotion of rookies when not forced to by injury/suspension I'd go

1. Jason Taylor
2. Brian Smith
3. Daylight
4. Michael Hagan

I don't want to wish injury on anyone but Inu's best chance for a 1st grade spot is if Ben Smith breaks a leg.

Utey

Coach
fish eel said:
All this talk about Inu coming up and playing on the wing. Humbug. He is scoring a truckload of tries playing in the centres. When he comes up, thats where he should play.

I'm all for that mate, why put them out of position to suit another bloke, simply drop them. Although Ben has looked better then I've seen him for a long time. Leg drive is back!

fish eel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
Why not give him Tahu's spot, then?

He hasn't exactly been brilliant either...

Because we have had the mediocre efforts from ben Smith since 2005 final series, that's why. He has done nothing since the home game v the dragons in 05. And doesnt look like doing anything.

At least Tahu looks like he can break the line...or if he gets clear you know he wont get run down by a front rower :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Why not give him Tahu's spot, then?

He hasn't exactly been brilliant either...

Why not??? Because Tahu is better than Burt.

I'd stick Tahu on the wing. He's going anyway so we have to do what's best for us, not him.
Therefore, Hayne goes to fullback, and Burt to Prems. Then, Inu fits nicely into the centres.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Although Ben has looked better then I've seen him for a long time. Leg drive is back!

He is going to need to improve if Inu keeps keeping the scorers busy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tahu, too, is still living on past glories - realistically, what has he achieved for us since his 2005 season? Nothing, really.

He and Ben Smith are in the same boat. But it becomes a case of "let's drop ben" instead of "let's drop Ben or Tahu". Realistically, Tahu is giving away idiotic penalties every week which are killing us. Yes, he looks OK in attack - but his winger is starved of the ball.

Given current forms, I'd drop Tahu before I'd drop Ben. And Hayne would already be my fullback.

Hurriflatch said:
THe thing that has surprised me and the thing that surprised me since Hagan was signed as coach is that there are people who actually thought Hagan would be the coach that would make changes and promote juniors when the only factor is form.

If you listen to the Newcastle crowd they will be the first to tell you he is the expert of the "cut and paste" from one week to the next.

Avenger

Immortal
Mateo will play this week. The 18th man thing is a smokescreen. I cannot see Hagan dropping him.

I would be surprised if Eric Grothe took the field. Inu could play after all.

Latest posts