What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official team v Manly - oh my god

It defies belief that Brown wouldnt be a straight swap for Mannering. Why swap him with Henry?

Have we ever fielded a less experienced lineup? That bench could be woeful or it might dominate..... I just dont know, but its not the team you wheel out against the defending champs. This is the team you roll out in Rnd 26 when you are the minor premiers and you are resting players for the finals.

hitro

Juniors
I guess there isn't any one else. How welcome would Inu be right now. Why the hell didn't they see this coming and get some proper players halfway through the season like Des did??

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No no, I have a handle on this. It's brilliance.

We're not much chance of beating Manly. They're better than us.

So we name a rubbish side, with a captain who doesn't say anything, to lull them into a false sense of security.

BAM.

We get them.

Bluey, touche(y).

LeagueNut

First Grade
It defies belief that Brown wouldnt be a straight swap for Mannering. Why swap him with Henry?
I can sort of understand the reasoning. Henry is being groomed for a full-time second row position while Brown is on his way out. It's just unfortunate that it has to happen now.

As much as I love Manu in the side, I don't see him as captaincy material at all. He's got enough to worry about with his own game without having to worry about all that other stuff as well.

Aragorn

First Grade
I would be very very excited if was Steve Matai or Cliffy Lyons........

Manu as captain? FMD, I would have given that to Mateo or Friend.

Aragorn

First Grade
I can see Manu dropping balls, fumbling his usual way and every staring at him thinking.... Warriors captain? FMD.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Have we ever fielded a less experienced lineup? That bench could be woeful or it might dominate..... I just dont know, but its not the team you wheel out against the defending champs. This is the team you roll out in Rnd 26 when you are the minor premiers and you are resting players for the finals.

I doubt the bench will dominate....one of them is a rookie, one of them has played eight minutes, one is a rookie, the other has been on the field when we've been going backwards in the past weeks.

Swapping Henry is either a) an acknowledgement he isn't up to it b) an acknowledgement we're better to look to next season

Aragorn

First Grade
Its the 2010/2011 Toyota Cup champions vs the NRL 2011 FG Champions this weekend boys.

Who do you think will win?????

hitro

Juniors
Surely Ta'ai would be a better bet than more kids?
BTW does anyone know what NZ time kickoff is?

hitman82

Bench
THAT IS INSANE.
I'm amazed Ta'ai hasn't been picked.
Happy to see Sam Lousi in the squad... apart from that. WTF. When a ref gives us a dud call, what's Vatuvei gonna do - flash his gold teeth and lovable grin in the hope they change their minds???