What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official team v Titans - wa wa wee wa!

Martli

Coach
Don't know why they dropped John, my only real issue with that side. Good to see Taylor getting a debut at the expense of Ropati, Tai'i is also a welcome addition imo. Locke at fullback excites me, pitty Wadeo was an idiot, but oh well, sucks for him I guess.

MKEB...

Staff member
Ozbash is a racist old coot. Have you noticed the players in the Warriors that he doesn't like;

Kemp
Tate
McKinnon
Price
Lillyman
Moon

They all have something in common....

They all have terrible haircuts?

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Well good to see some changes.
Bit of muddy thinking in the centres though.
I am a Taylor fan, but he has been playing at 6 and 13 for the Juniors.
He is only 19 and already signed to us. He has plenty of time.
Yet we are told by Bernie Perenara that the Vulcan's centre Sione Tongia "has NRL written all over him". He is not signed to the Warriors and is a danger of slipping away.
Wouldn't it make sense to give him a run in the top side at this stage of the season to see if he has the makings before someone else signs him? He couldn't play any worse than JRo, so we wouldn't risk anything, and he may just be what we are looking for; a strong attacking centre.
Good decision to give Brown a run at hooker. He has impressed me. Let's see how he works out of dummy half.
I know it is expecting too much, but I would have liked to see a Johnson/Taylor halves combo given a try.
Lillyman still there; priceless!

I too am a taylor fan but he certainly wouldnt have been my first choice at centre.

Tongia is alright both him his big fellow otahuhu centre (long island name) are pretty good.
Dont think he has NRL written all over him though.

Bristowe is better than him atm IMO.

Rusty will probably end up partnering him in the centre next year for vulcans (if they exist).

Let Tongia go - he aint going anywhere. what to go play premier league somewhere else.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
The latest team, to me, looks like Cleary has no idea. It neither here nor there.
The only good thing is that he drop Ropati but then again anyone with half a brain would of after last weeks match. And Wade got the old "your late so your out of the team" treatment please grow some big ones and just come out a say you want to try Locke a fullback. I thought Brown had a nice position off the bench covering hooker/lock. Ah van gets a go, off the latest policy you would think some one else would get a go. Well done to Taylor but I feel for him in a way walking into a sinking ship lets hope some fresh faces can change it around. Heremaia gets the run around too, bench hooker, hooker, 6, out of the team now 6 again. why not drop Lillyman, hes a white version of Logan Swann - but not as good.....
Not surprised Hendo got dropped, all he does is have his hands in the air appealing to the ref."Hendo they arnt gotta give it!" and i guess the Warriors dont like it went he's going for tries and not taking two points.

Cleary has officially extinguished McKinnon Fire, I will not be surprised if Wade gets a bit of the old Fien, Witt treatment. thats what seems to happen if Hart and Cleary dont like you.

Sanchez

Coach
When i initially saw the team i thought it was a joke post. Heres me thinking we would have another unchanged team. But now this. Players dropped for lateness-McKinnon, being flat out useless atm-Ropati, no reason whatsoever-John, and being a wet fish when tackled-Henderson.

PASSION

Juniors
Watching the league programmes this week. NRL tactics.. even they were surprised by some of warrirors changes. Shaking their heads, and grinning.
Its good to see Locke getting a game at fullback. And all the best for Taylor. But what did John do wrong. According to Barnett on 40/20 and Joey the number 6 did well. Even Heremaia got more games than him before they tried someone else. Thought he did well in the last game, and could only see improvements.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
I too am a taylor fan but he certainly wouldnt have been my first choice at centre.

Tongia is alright both him his big fellow otahuhu centre (long island name) are pretty good.
Dont think he has NRL written all over him though.

Bristowe is better than him atm IMO.

Rusty will probably end up partnering him in the centre next year for vulcans (if they exist).

Let Tongia go - he aint going anywhere. what to go play premier league somewhere else.

Atelea Nafetalai, A cousin of Siones who both grew up on Panama Rd and came up through the grades.

Atelea has a bloody massive right hand fend on him and even injured his opposite centre last weekend with one.

PASSION

Juniors
No idea either.

John is a 6; Heremaia is a 7. Jones is a liability. This is selection by numbers stuff

I think last year John started as a 6 with Iro and then changed him to a 7. He was previously with other clubs as a 7. Has he been playing 6 or 7 for Vulcans?

Meth

Staff member
Not sure.

Really, both John and Heremaia are possible short/mid term options at halfback; we should have tried them out at 7 a lot earlier, with Jones on the bench. But we didn't. Now we are going into next season largely blind.

I know John is a halfback by choice, but he has only played five eighth in the top grade on account of Stacey overstaying in 7. I would have been happy with a John/Heremaia combination this week.

Meth

Staff member
I wish I could agree with you Ozbash- unfortunately, your saviour is a solar eclipse

Micistm

Bench
I'm way more disappointed this week than last week. I shouldn't have been surprised really, but I really thought a few young ones would have made things at least more entertaining.

Just more of the same sh*t. Uninspired, non existant attack-aside from the usual get it to Manu that did come off today, very soft tries at times...and just a general unmotivated and uninterested looking team with no urgency to them whatsoever. Just very, very disapointing and frustrating.
Manu had some good gametime, Jones can't be blamed for the loss...and as for Ah Van-why is he a better option there than Kemp? Why not give Kemp another go on the wing to get some confidence back now the season is gone? Paddy's dropsies were pretty painful