What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Touring Squad for INDIA announced

MSIH

Bench
1) Warner (vc)
2) Hughes
3) Doolan
4) Clarke (c)
5) D.Hussey
6) Maxwell (Or Watson, if 100% fit, and can bowl)
7) Wade +
8) Johnson
9) Siddle
10) Bird
11) Lyon

~

On Tour also;

Brad Haddin
Ed Cowan
James Pattinson (If fit)
Mitchell Starc (If fit)

Terrible line up.

Mr Spock!

Referee
1) Warner (vc)
2) Hughes
3) Doolan
4) Clarke (c)
5) D.Hussey
6) Maxwell (Or Watson, if 100% fit, and can bowl)
7) Wade +
8) Johnson
9) Siddle
10) Bird
11) Lyon

~

On Tour also;

Brad Haddin
Ed Cowan
James Pattinson (If fit)
Mitchell Starc (If fit)

I doubt they'd go for Dussey. They'll be looking to blood a youngster but I don't have a clue who. They might go for Bailey. Ferguson has thrown a golden chance away. And Forrest. those guys haven't stepped up. Can't see them dropping Cowan and making two major changes to the team.

Pattinson, if fit, goes straight into the test team. Should be the first bowler picked.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Hopefully they take Haddin and Haddin teaches Wade how to catch. Took a screamer yesterday. Wade probably wouldn't have stopped it.

Yep..

It's a tricky one with Wade..His keeping to the pacemen in quite okay..

When he has to come up to the stumps he's got NFI..

I feel for Lyon..He's a limited,honest spinner,& every time he finds the edge Scissorhands spills it..

Timbo

Staff member
Ok, I've revised it from my earlier thoughts:

1-Cowan
2-Warner
3-Hughes
4-Watson
5-Clarke*
6-Khawaja
7-Haddin+
8-Siddle
9-Lyon
10-Beer
11-Bird

12-Bailey
13-Maxwell
14-Pattinson
15-Starc

B-Hard

Juniors
Many people forgetting how rubbish Haddin was before Wade came in. He only had another poor test match in him and he would of been dropped. Easily the most selfish player in the team.

Also not a fan of the selectors thinking Haddin is the number 2 keeper in the country. Hartley and Paine both better than Haddin with the gloves.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The search for a second spinner is taking the selectors to some unusual places..

Invers is scouring the refugee ranks now..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/pakistan-born-spinner-fawad-ahmed-in-selectors-sights-earning-a-spot-in-prime-ministers-xi/story-fn2mcu3x-1226552513247#.UPEpkB3IFu0

Pakistan-born spinner Fawad Ahmed in selectors' sights, earning a spot in Prime Minister's XI..

AAP January 12, 2013 11:18AM

1reffo.jpg
[/IMG]

Emerging Pakistan-born spinner Fawad Ahmed looks to be the next leggie in Australian selectors' sights, earning a spot in the Prime Minister's XI match against West Indies in Canberra.

Recently granted asylum in Australia after an initial application was rejected, Ahmed played ten first-class games in Pakistan from 2005 to 2009 and has been bowling to Australia's Test players in the nets over the past year.

He's been selected for the one-day match at Manuka Oval on January 29 alongside fellow Pakistan-born Usman Khawaja and Indian-born fast bowler Gurinder Sandhu, in what National Selection Panel Chairman John Inverarity described as a move to reflect the cultural diversity that exists in the pathway systems.

"Fawad is playing for the Melbourne Renegades in the T20 Big Bash League and grade club Melbourne University, and we are encouraged by his ongoing development," Inverarity said.

"We have also been very pleased with the progress of Indian-born fast bowler Gurinder Sandhu, who has performed well for the Sydney Thunder following strong performances for Australia in last year's Under 19 World Cup."

Brad Haddin and Chris Gayle will also get the chance to continue their ongoing feud, with Australia's former Test wicketkeeper confirmed as vice-captain under skipper Ricky Ponting.

Australia PM's XI: Ricky Ponting (capt), Brad Haddin, Fawad Ahmed, Jono Dean, Alex Doolan, James Faulkner, Peter Handscomb, Usman Khawaja, Kane Richardson, Gurinder Sandhu, Ashton Turner, Nick Winter (12th man).

Hallatia

Referee
they sound Australian to me. I think it is great having a mix of names and cultural backgrounds across sides. England has always had this, whilst the Australian side has often been accused of being selected racistly

Hallatia

Referee
I'm not saying I think that the Australian team is or ever has been racist, I was just saying that some think that. And, the race issues in South Africa and with South African sport are well documented. No one pretends they were never there. I don't, however, like how people like Makhaya Ntini are having a cry about there being no black South Africans in the current side. The current side was clearly selected on merit and it is very mixed. There isn't a "black South African" there because none of them deserve a spot with the guys the team currently has. Vernon is not considered a black South African, he is considered coloured. Tsolekile and Tsotsobe are "black South Africans" and so is Ntini

Hallatia

Referee
As an outsider - coloured/black? wtf is the difference.
coloureds are mainly of mixed European and African ancestry and they are linguistically, culturally, politically, and historically distinct from "black Africans" who are I suppose fully African and do have darker skin than the coloureds (you probably could do a fair job picking out black Africans from coloured African based on colour alone). The South African population is also about 80% "black African". Given that I suppose it would make some sense to ask why so few "black Africans" have ever played for South Africa

Hallatia

Referee
Amla is Indian South African, which are a race which have had their share of issues in South Africa as well. These issues do still exist over there, but progress has been made, I think. There is still social, political and economic instability. The economic is unfortunately very relevant to the social and political issues. And as many issues as South Africa has, other parts of Africa have much worse

BunniesMan

Immortal
From my limited knowledge of South African sport, I believe Soccer has generally been more popular or at least easier to participate in for black South Africans while Rugby/Cricket has been more popular with white South Africans.

Latest posts