What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wentworthville Magpies Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
THE reserve grade renaissance will continue next season, with 40 per cent of NRL fixtures in Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong and Auckland to feature NSW Cup curtain raisers.
Set to be unveiled today, the 2014 NSW Cup draw has accelerated the return of traditional three-match programs to NRL venues.
Fox Sports will again televise Saturday afternoon NSW Cup matches, while increasing its commitment to four Sunday matches next season.
The Saturday triple-headers will also see NSW Cup games leapfrog Holden Cup matches as the pre-NRL curtain raiser, with the to be reversed in favour of the NYC on Sundays.
In keeping with the NRL's plan to standardise the competition, Penrith and New Zealand Warriors have also reclaimed ownership of their reserve grade teams after using external clubs in recent years.
Both clubs - as well as Cronulla - feature heavily in the televised schedule, largely thanks to the fact they've been ignored by Channel Nine in the opening 20 rounds.
The Warriors will host eight NSW Cup matches, Cronulla six and Penrith five at their respective NRL home grounds.
Penrith's Centrebet Stadium will host the opening game of 2013, against Newcastle, at 2:15pm on Saturday 8 March.
"The draws have been aligned to allow Centrebet Stadium to play host to three grades on a number of occasions in 2014," Panthers general manager Phil Gould said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-in-season-2014/story-fni3fbgz-1226784396256

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So on Sundays Fox will broadcast all NRL games played that day (about two games) plus four NSW Cup matches?

Not too shabby.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's up on the official site: http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/2014-VB-NSW-Cup-Draw-Announced/88808

I can certainly see potential for more lop-sided scorelines though:

The VB NSW Cup draw for the 2014 season has been announced, with exciting options for Dyldam Parramatta Eels fans to see the Wentworthville Magpies fans play in triple headers alongside the Blue and Gold.

I guess Wenty probably has some pretty tough fans, and they'll only get to play if there are a few injuries in the Eels squad anyway.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It's up on the official site: http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/2014-VB-NSW-Cup-Draw-Announced/88808

I can certainly see potential for more lop-sided scorelines though:

I guess Wenty probably has some pretty tough fans, and they'll only get to play if there are a few injuries in the Eels squad anyway.

I think it's inferring Magpies fans play with the Eels. Ie, chuck a couple of them on the paddock with the Eels. Should bolster our defence somewhat.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Some gains and losses for wenty

Gains

Gerard Mccallum - dogs
Justin Lalanu - manly
Joe Napaelatano - manly
Vinnie uelese - Mounties
Tiger vatuai- cabra
Matt mulchay - tigers
Danny Batakat - cabra
Matt Mundine - newtown
Dean parata - parra full time

Losses

Nathan armit - retired
Tim Wynn - retired
Penese - France
Pat Matale - Mounties ( big loss)
Charlie herekatukutuku - north coast
Tyrone Viiga - Mounties
Aaron Fluke - retired
Dom Reardon - manly

To be updated

Pat Matalae is still at the club I believe he must of turned down other offers

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I didn't mean we were offloading players to keep pat but more if we offload players like Ben Smith / Daniel Harrison there is a effect down the pecking order of players for a part-timer in the squad to at least get an opportunity in nsw cup

Stagger eel

Staff member

Gains

Gerard Mccallum - dogs
Justin Lalanu - manly
Joe Napaelatano - manly
Vinnie uelese - Mounties
Tiger vatuai- cabra
Matt mulchay - tigers
Danny Batakat - cabra
Matt Mundine - newtown
Nick Eshman - Cabramatta
Joey Matakupu - norths

Losses

Nathan armit - retired
Tim Wynn - retired
Penese - France
Tyrone Viiga - Mounties
Aaron Fluke - retired
Dom Reardon - manly

Updated

Kornstar

Coach

Gains

Gerard Mccallum - dogs
Justin Lalanu - manly
Joe Napaelatano - manly
Vinnie uelese - Mounties
Tiger vatuai- cabra
Matt mulchay - tigers
Danny Batakat - cabra
Matt Mundine - newtown
Nick Eshman - Cabramatta
Joey Matakupu - norths

Losses

Nathan armit - retired
Tim Wynn - retired
Penese - France
Tyrone Viiga - Mounties
Aaron Fluke - retired
Dom Reardon - manly

Updated

:lol: There was a guy who called either the BSB or Talkin Sport weekly who called for Fluke to be in our NRL side and was the future.....

FYI, i have no idea whether that was warranted but i think it's funny that he has retired, being our future and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.