What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

Coach
Marty played this week. Baumann was out again, and Im not too sure why. I just dont think we have the room for him atm as he cant drop back to NYC.

Brod will be seeing Doc Johnson tomorrow, I dare say he will have at least one to two weeks on the sidelines.

BTW, dont let the scoreline fool you. Probably one of the worst games I have seen the Mighty Maggies play. But a good sign when you can grind a win out of nothing!!! Some other boys should learn from that!!

Redback71

First Grade
I think the whole first grade team should be demoted after todays effort to teach them a lesson or two, maybe rip taylor can rip into them, the thing is theyd probably still loose.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll stick my neck out and say that Kim Eusi could be a bolter for firstgrade, i'm told by a couple of different sources that his form is sensational at the moment...

give him the 14 shirt for the eels.

Marty played this week. Baumann was out again, and Im not too sure why. I just dont think we have the room for him atm as he cant drop back to NYC.

Brod will be seeing Doc Johnson tomorrow, I dare say he will have at least one to two weeks on the sidelines.

BTW, dont let the scoreline fool you. Probably one of the worst games I have seen the Mighty Maggies play. But a good sign when you can grind a win out of nothing!!! Some other boys should learn from that!!

Baumann has never really impressed me. People thought he was good because he looked like Hindmarsh.

Marty Lewis I have hope for, Strong with a hint of skill and can break the line.

wittyz chick

Coach
I can tell you what was good about his game yesterday Jake, he's quick outta dummyhalf regurlarly catching the markers napping and making a quick 5-10m upfield..

But 100% agree with Nikki
BTW, dont let the scoreline fool you. Probably one of the worst games I have seen the Mighty Maggies play

Worst ball-handling I've seen, rain didn't help but forcing silly passes wouldn't either..

I say we bombed a certain 2 tries.. but still we won :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Whats happening with Dave Baumann and Marty Lewis. Both Boys are in the full time squad and last week didn't get on the paddock. Baumann wasn't even in the program this week. Both these boys were touted as first graders this year. It really is amazing that every year we have great reserve grade sides but struggle in FG.Do Parra strive for mediocrity or just buy middle of the road players.

Stagger, What is good about his game??

what sarah said...he's very tidy out of dummy half and he's got some pretty good footwork, and can pass of both sides as far as I can see...which is a good sign for a hooker. :lol:

Nikki

Coach
Has Cordoba shown any improvement since he has been relegated to wenty?

He plays well.. with 'well' being the key word. Still a few errors in his game. But he seemed to be making a few more meters with his runs so that is a positive.

Stagger eel

Staff member
http://www.parramattasun.com.au/new...-seal-strong-win-with-late-tries/1492309.aspx

Wenty seal strong win with late tries

JOHN MACDONALD
22/04/2009 4:00:00 AM
THEY made hard work of it but Wentworthville kept their unbeaten NSW Cup record intact with a 28-16 win over Windsor at Windsor last Sunday.

Wenty trailed for much of the match, were reduced to a three-man bench, then defended resolutely before sealing it with late tries.

Coach Rip Taylor wouldn't have been pleased with the execution, but would know these are the games you tough out when form is down during a long season.

Eels forward Junior Paulo made a surprise return for the Magpies from his torn-pectoral-muscle injury.

Wenty got a less-happy surprise when Windsor scored a converted try after just two minutes.

The Magpies evened it up when Josh Cordoba crashed over, but then lock Broderick Wright left the field with an ankle injury.

Windsor scored again to take a 12-6 half-time lead, and then the slog began.

Wenty replacement Justin Horo made it 12-10 with a try in the 52nd minute before Windsor crossed again.

Wentworthville hit back after fullback Tim Mortimer sliced through, allowing winger Etu Uaise a trademark 20m sprint.

Wenty were now level, withstood another Windsor barrage, then hit the front when half James O'Grady playing with a suspected broken nose - crossed before Kim Usai sealed it with a late try.

Hooker Uasi and forwards Cordoba and James Grehan were best for the premiers.

Wentworthville host Cronulla at Ringrose Park at 3pm on Sunday.
Wenty's Bundaberg Red Cup team scored their third win from four starts by beating Campbelltown 32-6.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we are playing Blakey on Sunday - i <3 Blake Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts