What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wenty had a come from behind win against the Bears by 24 to 18, Lulland, Hendy, greg Nichols scored trys, hendy's try was an 80 metre effort.

Latimore, brod and Josh cordoba all played well.

hopefully we can get a more extensive report from those who watched the game.

I only arrived for the last 10 minutes, thanks to a miscommunication in the time of the game, either way apparently I was there for the best of it, Wenty staged a late 2nd half comeback to get to 16 all after norths had all the early running then a penalty was converted to give norths an 18 - 16 lead. Some nice back line play deep in the opposition half saw Wenty spread the ball to their left edge and score a try. Which was converted to give wenty a 22 - 18 lead with 4 to go. The Magpies had to defend stoutly against back to back sets within their own 10 metre area, a knock on from Norths relieved the pressure and a penalty for Wenty deep in the set saw them set-up an attacking raid deep into enemy territory, another penalty against norths on the Siren saw Skipper Jeremy Latimore opt for the 2 points, Josh Cordoba who was sporting a great shiner under his right eye slotted the conversation.

In speaking with the Magpies captain Jeremy Latimore, he told me that Wenty started poorly due to poor ball control but Jono Wright chimed in saying that the ball was harder to hold than normal, even having it under your arm running it up the ball felt like it would slip away. But the last 10 minutes was the best they played and they started to get a handle on the North Side.

Josh Cordoba's eye was very swollen and he confessed after the game it was restricting his peripheral vision he said as he dabbed blood away from it a good 20 minutes after the players had left the pitch.

chef

Juniors
You were definitely there for the best of it MITS...everyone stepped up in that last ten/fifteen.

very scrappy in the first half, Wenty were having trouble with their set completion and O'Grady's kicking game was a bit loose...they were having a lot of trouble with their big number 15 off the bench as well. Some great goal line defense though, and got to agree with Stagger...Latimore and Cordoba lead the pack well, Brod and Kim looked good, and the Hendy try was a bit special. Morty didn't have the best of games but as they've told MITS, the ball was harder to control than usual, so that would explain that.

All in all an enjoyable little soiree over the bridge...watching the football at Bear Park isn't a bad way to spend an Easter Sunday afternoon, especially after our game on Friday. Plenty of Wenty supporters present...not a peep out of the grizzlies in our stand...and a few cold ones in the Rag and Famish before heading back south.

Having to stomach the Manly result took the edge off slightly...such is life.

regards

diab0lik

Juniors
"Josh Cordoba who was sporting a great shiner under his right eye slotted the conversation." did i read that correctly?

"Josh Cordoba who was sporting a great shiner under his right eye slotted the conversation." did i read that correctly?

Yeah I didn't see it, I was to busy asking around about the rest of the game, but one of the Wenty People said that Josh slotted the last goal.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Apparently on the field as well.

well... he is a spunkrat

joshcordoba_wideweb__470x405,0.jpg

bartman

Immortal
He's going to a lot of effort to tape down his nipples there... must've got real embarassed when they hit high beam inside those tight polyester jerseys during one of last week's scrums?

earl park riot

Juniors
Hi Guys,

For those who didn't make it out to North Sydney Oval on Sunday, the clash with the Bears is now available to view, in full, at www.leaguetv.com.au . Just visit the site and click on the video tab. Sloppy first half, but Wenty played well in the second half, led up front by the likes of Cordoba, Latimore and Wellar Hauraki. Uaisele was solid in defence and Mark O'Grady and Uasi provided direction in attack. Not their greatest performance, but a good win over the Bears at home. Worth a look!

Stagger eel

Staff member
the Mighty Wenty magpies had a win defeating Windsor 28-16..

Cordoba and Eusi had big games while Brod and O'Grady suffered injuries, Brod's injury is an ankle but they're confident it's not serious.

Bow_rider

Juniors
Whats happening with Dave Baumann and Marty Lewis. Both Boys are in the full time squad and last week didn't get on the paddock. Baumann wasn't even in the program this week. Both these boys were touted as first graders this year. It really is amazing that every year we have great reserve grade sides but struggle in FG.Do Parra strive for mediocrity or just buy middle of the road players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts