What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Staggs you've mentioned POH as doing well in the last few weeks. Do we persist with him ? Is he turning the corner ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So Morgs is dropped for Burt and Tonga??? FMD hardly building for the future :roll:

He's still under contract mate.

Morgan has really lifted his game the last month, massive kick in the guts to be dropped for two old fossils.

I'd have him in first grade, but destroying teams in NSW Cup can only be good for his confidence. Every time he's played for Wenty he's proven that he's far too good for that level. That knowledge can only help him when he gets back into first grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah dont understand the reason for Dropping Morgan to NSW cup for Tonga who has been injured for the last month and played shocking last week...

He failed to pass the ball once. Other than that he defended very well and ran the ball for over 100 metres. Morgan was our only outside back that didn't make 100 metres last week.

And besides, don't you remember the media shitstorm last time Kearney dropped an established first grader? It's obviously not worth the hassle.

Y2Eel

First Grade
He failed to pass the ball once. Other than that he defended very well and ran the ball for over 100 metres. Morgan was our only outside back that didn't make 100 metres last week.

And besides, don't you remember the media shitstorm last time Kearney dropped an established first grader? It's obviously not worth the hassle.

So that is good enough to keep him in first grade then? Btw he has played enough first grade to know when to pass he should have he is passed it we are last why persist with him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So that is good enough to keep him in first grade then?

Willie Tonga should be the first outside back picked for us. Last time he was fit he played for Queensland and Australia.

His only downside is that he is injury-prone.

Btw he has played enough first grade to know when to pass he should have

You're right he should have passed

he is passed it we are last why persist with him

He's 28 years old.

He's not past it, he's just short of match fitness because he's been injured ever since pre-season.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Maybe with Mullany debuting it's worthwhile having the experienced heads of Burt and Tonga out there. I don't mind the decision.

Gronk

Staff member
Anyone who thinks that WTonga should be dropped after 1 games from a month of needs their head read.

#kneejerks

Y2Eel

First Grade
Willie Tonga should be the first outside back picked for us. Last time he was fit he played for Queensland and Australia.

His only downside is that he is injury-prone.

You're right he should have passed

He's 28 years old.

He's not past it, he's just short of match fitness because he's been injured ever since pre-season.

Anyone who thinks that WTonga should be dropped after 1 games from a month of needs their head read.

#kneejerks

I should have said why is he playing when he isn't match fit why not start him in the NSW cup why is he taking the spot of a youngster who has actually performed well in the last two months... Willie was the only signing I was excited about let's hope he can get fit and lose the fat...

Tony Bongo

Bench

#kneejerks

I would have picked Morgan ahead of Blair and I think Tonga should have had a week in Wenty to get match fit before coming back in considering he has been struggling with injuries all year. We saw today that Morgan is too good for Wenty and we will see tomorrow if the right decision has been made.
I hope both Blair and Tonga do well for us tomorrow.
Go The Eels

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I guess we also have to consider the opposition. Despite how much we may hate Judas, he's still one of the best and most experienced centres going around.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I should have said why is he playing when he isn't match fit why not start him in the NSW cup

How many clubs bring their best players back from injury through reserve grade? None, that's how many.

Every star walks back into first grade as soon as they're able to play. Every coach at every club does this.

How many clubs bring their best players back from injury through reserve grade? None, that's how many.

Every star walks back into first grade as soon as they're able to play. Every coach at every club does this.

That is probably true with respect to forwards, when you can rely on them playing only 40 minutes or so. And it might be true if we are talking about someone of the calibre of Inglis / Slater etc. But I don't think Tonga, W has yet earned that level of automatic selection whenever capable of walking. Don't particularly mind the selection, assume the insiders are more aware of his readiness than me.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Staggs you've mentioned POH as doing well in the last few weeks. Do we persist with him ? Is he turning the corner ?

You know what mate? I was going to start a thread about him, I'm getting the feeling that he may be close to turning the corner, he's been competing well against some really stiff oposition and he's used his lanky size to his advantage, he was close to the best forward out there today and was up against cordoba, tagatase and fa'aoso..

I'm starting to warm to him.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
He's still under contract mate.

I'd have him in first grade, but destroying teams in NSW Cup can only be good for his confidence. Every time he's played for Wenty he's proven that he's far too good for that level. That knowledge can only help him when he gets back into first grade.
So was Jamie Judas Lyon!

You know what mate? I was going to start a thread about him, I'm getting the feeling that he may be close to turning the corner, he's been competing well against some really stiff oposition and he's used his lanky size to his advantage, he was close to the best forward out there today and was up against cordoba, tagatase and fa'aoso..

Good stuff... I like a trier. Hope he's getting his body height a touch lower when running in tight though (or just not running in tight).

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

I recommend trying these ones Muzza.;-)

noel-arrigos-condoms.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.