What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Eel

First Grade
He doesn't need to live up to [your] expectations. He simply needs to provide a better option than the other players at the position.

Since he does that (experience, defence and ability to run off a ballplaying half) he's the one who should be picked.

No he does not he isnt match Fit..

As Poo Poo said about some other player that played in the NSW cup he would prob be better off playing in that Comp to get his Levels up...

##################################################################Idiots plain idiots run around in this forum for far too long no wonder its gone to shit...#####################################################

oldmancraigy

Coach
No he does not he isnt match Fit..

As Poo Poo said about some other player that played in the NSW cup he would prob be better off playing in that Comp to get his Levels up...

##################################################################Idiots plain idiots run around in this forum for far too long no wonder its gone to shit...#####################################################

Again, his match fitness is only an issue if he's the worst outside back on the paddock.

Are you seriously pretending that he was worse than Burt this week (and last)? And that he was worse than Blair today?

Good luck to ya - but if you want to see the 'idiots' in this place then look in the mirror?

We're running dead last and you want to drop one of the guys who can tackle...

Tony Bongo

Bench
He doesn't need to live up to [your] expectations. He simply needs to provide a better option than the other players at the position.

Since he does that (experience, defence and ability to run off a ballplaying half) he's the one who should be picked.

Well IMO it's questionable whether Tonga was a better option than Morgan but there is no way that Blair was today sadly. I hate when any of our players have a shocker but SK gets a massive fail for picking Blair over Morgan. I hope Blair can learn from this because I still think he has a tonne of potential. He's just not realising it as well as Morgan is at the moment and SK should have seen this.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Well IMO it's questionable whether Tonga was a better option than Morgan but there is no way that Blair was today sadly. I hate when any of our players have a shocker but SK gets a massive fail for picking Blair over Morgan. I hope Blair can learn from this because I still think he has a tonne of potential. He's just not realising it as well as Morgan is at the moment and SK should have seen this.

I never ever ever said Morgan should have been dropped (and I don't like Morgan).

What I'm saying is that people who are whinging that Tonga should be in reserve grade and not Morgan are saying the wrong things. Pick on the right player to sack (Burt).

Sure, Blair was atrocious today, but so was Burt. I'd rather stick with the more 'physical' player who is younger and worth trying to develop.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Again, his match fitness is only an issue if he's the worst outside back on the paddock.

Are you seriously pretending that he was worse than Burt this week (and last)? And that he was worse than Blair today?

Good luck to ya - but if you want to see the 'idiots' in this place then look in the mirror?

We're running dead last and you want to drop one of the guys who can tackle...

Why do people think Tonga is a good defender? You morons have no clue...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why don't you ask the people who picked him at centre for Queensland and Australia?

Yesterday Tonga made four one-on-one tackles with zero missed. Meanwhile Cheyse Blair missed six tackles.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Why don't you ask the people who picked him at centre for Queensland and Australia?

Yesterday Tonga made four one-on-one tackles with zero missed. Meanwhile Cheyse Blair missed six tackles.
So yesterday He did not miss one tackle Lol ok. five years ago burt was close to state of origin selection Tonga wont go near those teams again...

oldmancraigy

Coach
So yesterday He did not miss one tackle Lol ok. five years ago burt was close to state of origin selection Tonga wont go near those teams again...

Burt was never "close" to state of origin selection. There was one DT article pumping him up because he was playing well. That was back in 2007. Funny thing is that when Burt got injured we picked up as a team because it meant Hayne to FB!

Tonga DID play for Qld just lasat season. That's a lot more recent than 2007 AND it actually happened, it wasn't just one newspaper article about the possibility (based on the fact Luke was in legendary goal kicking form and was backing up like a beast!)

AND for the record, nobody is saying Tonga is one of the best defensive centers in the league. We're simply saying he's the best defensive center at the Parramatta football club. He also happens to be a first grade veteran who was very recently playing for Australia.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Why do people think Tonga is a good defender? You morons have no clue...

I'm typing this slowly because I'm sure you can't read fast:

Tonga might be playing crap, but Burt is crapper (or is he crappest?). He avoids making tackles like the plague; avoids catching bombs like they're diseased; avoids hitting the ball up out of dummy half like something bad; and has the nerve to yell at his teammates if they stuff up....
His best days are long gone, he's a reserve grader at best, and hopefully his job at the club is in an area that he will excel (game promotion) and not in the area of coaching. If it is coaching I can see him being a very good contributer to the Kearney success rate (ie, he'll help us keep losing almost every week)

Y2Eel

First Grade
Burt was never "close" to state of origin selection. There was one DT article pumping him up because he was playing well. That was back in 2007. Funny thing is that when Burt got injured we picked up as a team because it meant Hayne to FB!

Tonga DID play for Qld just lasat season. That's a lot more recent than 2007 AND it actually happened, it wasn't just one newspaper article about the possibility (based on the fact Luke was in legendary goal kicking form and was backing up like a beast!)

AND for the record, nobody is saying Tonga is one of the best defensive centers in the league. We're simply saying he's the best defensive center at the Parramatta football club. He also happens to be a first grade veteran who was very recently playing for Australia.
Yeah i known he was no where near selection just shit like the stuff your typing now... Last season tonga made the qld side this season based on form would he? Also if he is best defensive players in the team no wonder we are last, over to you morons...

Gronk

Staff member
Tonga's game last year for QLD with one arm was one of the great games that will go down in origin folklore.

The guy is quality but finding his feet in a new club and after injury.

I don't know why it's even being discussed.

Y2Eel

First Grade
I'm typing this slowly because I'm sure you can't read fast:

Tonga might be playing crap, but Burt is crapper (or is he crappest?). He avoids making tackles like the plague; avoids catching bombs like they're diseased; avoids hitting the ball up out of dummy half like something bad; and has the nerve to yell at his teammates if they stuff up....
His best days are long gone, he's a reserve grader at best, and hopefully his job at the club is in an area that he will excel (game promotion) and not in the area of coaching. If it is coaching I can see him being a very good contributer to the Kearney success rate (ie, he'll help us keep losing almost every week)
Wow really your argument to defend Tonga is calling him crap then using burt in it aswell wow just wow and you try to insult me.. My nokia n8 which is theslowest thing ive ever used to access these forums is faster and more intelligent then you...

Y2Eel

First Grade
Tonga's game last year for QLD with one arm was one of the great games that will go down in origin folklore.

The guy is quality but finding his feet in a new club and after injury.

I don't know why it's even being discussed.
it is not last yesr thats why f**k me..... Your happy with out of form players but want kearney gone..

Gronk

Staff member
it is not last yesr thats why f**k me..... Your happy with out of form players but want kearney gone..

Not happy with him being out of form. Just saying that all this talk about him being dropped is a joke.

Agree that Blair, Sio and Burt were terrible for most of the game (Sio redeemed himself with the try late in the game).

I'd drop Burt as my first Monday morning thing to do if I was SK.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Not happy with him being out of form. Just saying that all this talk about him being dropped is a joke.

Agree that Blair, Sio and Burt were terrible for most of the game (Sio redeemed himself with the try late in the game).

I'd drop Burt as my first Monday morning thing to do if I was SK.

true i am Just pissed sk drops a younger and in more form player for tonga.. Give tonga time he will be ok not helped our team sucks. #rantover

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wow really your argument to defend Tonga is calling him crap then using burt in it aswell wow just wow and you try to insult me.. My nokia n8 which is theslowest thing ive ever used to access these forums is faster and more intelligent then you...

Now I think you actually ARE an idiot...

I'm saying that if you want to call for someone to be dropped AT LEAST CALL FOR THE RIGHT PERSON.

Your phone probably is smarter than me. In fact I might be the stupidest person around here, BUT EVEN AN IMBECILE LIKE ME can see that Tonga isn't bottom of the pecking order when it comes to outside backs.

Use your brain (or if yours is as useless as mine, use your phones?) and try and figure out why I was using Burt in the argument.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Now I think you actually ARE an idiot...

I'm saying that if you want to call for someone to be dropped AT LEAST CALL FOR THE RIGHT PERSON.

Your phone probably is smarter than me. In fact I might be the stupidest person around here, BUT EVEN AN IMBECILE LIKE ME can see that Tonga isn't bottom of the pecking order when it comes to outside backs.

Use your brain (or if yours is as useless as mine, use your phones?) and try and figure out why I was using Burt in the argument.
You used him cos you are stoopid.... The whole point is Tonga should not hqve been brought back into first grade.. Nsw cup would have been a good start.. You bring up he has played for qld and aus but you compare him to burt dont say alot really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts