What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

officials influences the results of games

rugged

Juniors
Take a look at all of Clark's games. He seems to like getting the home team up more often than not. It's a running joke. They call him "tail wind".

Big Mick

Referee
bomberman said:
And my point. Bad desicions by refs are denying teams OPPOTUNITIES to at least have a go at attacking. And thats the key. And my point regarding last nights game.

Panthers's won. They played great football. Deserved to win. But Storm deserved to have at least 2 chances if not more to attack but couldn't because the ref/touch judges got it wrong. And its was extremely obvious.

If you said that last night i would have agreed with you flat out.

Storm did get a rough end, but Penrith were the better team....If it was say 4 points in the game, then i would have thought it was a hollow victory that we didn't earn it. I felt we earnt it last night.

But I agree with Clark, he did seem out of his depth a little last night

Dirk Titan

Juniors
If the video ref is getting the calls right it won't ruin the game. The ref has a phisical job and if the video ref can ajudicate without hampering the speed of the game to mutch I am sure it could only be a good thing. We don't need to stop play and go upstairs and wait for a spinning penalty no penalty, just play the refs call or advantage until the video ref has had a quite word to the ref if his call was wrong.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Big Mick said:
Dirk Shark said:
OT dosn't Franze look bigger this year. Wish the sharks could of kept him :cry:

you reckon?

I thought he lost weight. I saw him last year in premiers for sharks and he looked unfit and overweight.

He looks more solid and lost a bit of weight now i thought.
Your right he looks more solid!

Big Mick

Referee
Dirk Shark said:
If the video ref is getting the calls right it won't ruin the game. The ref has a phisical job and if the video ref can ajudicate without hampering the speed of the game to mutch I am sure it could only be a good thing. We don't need to stop play and go upstairs and wait for a spinning penalty no penalty, just play the refs call or advantage until the video ref has had a quite word to the ref if his call was wrong.

I agree, but can you see my point that no matter what happens, someone will have something to whinge about.

I think Video ref's should definately have more involvement in the game rather than this interchange ref crap. the video ref has a bird's eye view and can tell the referee whats happening. This season, from what I know they've clamped down the involvement of Video Ref in, in game proceedings.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Big Mick said:
Dirk Shark said:

I agree, but can you see my point that no matter what happens, someone will have something to whinge about.

proceedings.
Sure do! I love a good winge, I am not happy unless I have something to winge about.

Surandy

Bench
Wasn't it last year in a Friday night match that Clark skipped three tackles after a Bulldogs player was held up over the line on what was the second tackle?

Clark then got the Bulldogs player to play the ball at the 10 metre line and called 5th & last even though it should've been second. :evil:

This is not just a Melbourne Storm issue. Clark is crap, bring back Jadwat!!! ;-)

Sign the petition:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/CLARK05/

JBW1983

Juniors
Anybody heard of Russell Smith? Anybody see the Roosters v Raiders? Anybody see that the Jason Smith penalty reversal was just the final straw of a long series of tough tough calls against the Roosters which ultimately proved too much for them to overcome given that they are not playing their best footy?

I'm all for different referees having different interpretations of rules, but FFS gets some f---ing consistency.

hrundi99

First Grade
JBW1983 said:
Anybody heard of Russell Smith? Anybody see the Roosters v Raiders? Anybody see that the Jason Smith penalty reversal was just the final straw of a long series of tough tough calls against the Roosters which ultimately proved too much for them to overcome given that they are not playing their best footy?

I'm all for different referees having different interpretations of rules, but FFS gets some f---ing consistency.

The reversal was totally the right thing to do.

It's good to see a ref who is willing to correct himself and get on with the game.

JoeD

First Grade
they are skilled professionals they get paid to do this

As I understand it most are part timers. The NRL doesn't pay refs enough to attract top people into the position. Pay more, get better people wanting to be refs, get better refs.

Refs are like police, they don't get paid anywhere near enough for the crap that they have to put up with. Having said that, Clark is, and has been, very ordinary and totally loses the plot the minute anyone questions one of his decisions. He's almost as bad as that dolt Hayne.

I hate Penrith fans on this thread. Yes the Panthers won but dirk shark was using a incident as point.

Yes Panthers won and derserve their win but dirk shark has made a quite valid point.

It is just that clark is most obvious but most of the refs are doing it. FACT.

Pantherjim.

Referee
chemicalstorm said:
I hate Penrith fans on this thread. Yes the Panthers won but dirk shark was using a incident as point.

Why???

After all, I thought Dirk was initially claiming that Clarke won the game for us. I was refuting that claim, which as a Penrith fan I'm perfectly entitled to do. Ever heard of freedom of speech???

Pantherjim.

bornadragon

Juniors
We the paying public have been screaming at refs since the dawn of time "that was forward" or "his been off side all day" The trouble is we're right, but my problem is picking up all these illegal actions will result in sending the NRL towards the NFL and the sh*t is not acceptable. I believe there should be two touch judges per side of the field. the example I saw at shark park against the dogs was soooo over looked when the touchy was directly in line it's scarey. The video ref is a ref so he should have contact (permanent) with the onfield ref in making decisions - not this swapping ref when he gets tied. But in saying this and the nature of the 05 season game results in all fine line stuff. The players push it, they getaway with it then they push some more - the nature of man. Maybe the peneltaries should be more hash, if a team aqulimates so many peneltaries maybe they should be docked points - that i'll teach them to get back and learn the rules. None of this start stop stuff. Next, double movement, if player is still going forward it's OK but when he clearly promots the ball well there you go. My pet hate is that refs have this attitude (with a chip on their shoulder when they are questioned) especially Clark. A captain should be able to ask, not be waved off, but in saying that they can't hassle them like the old manly days of toovey and the like. Harrigan should be reffing the refs not hanging out at easts. More poor business management set out by the NRL. There is heaps wrong with the game but the game by nature is open to this questionable activity and will not and can not be corrected, just fine tuned!!! 8)

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Good 1st post bornadragon, Sounds like you have a few issues to get off your chest!
Go to the Dragons section and tear them to threads! :mrgreen:

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Good 1st post bornadragon, Sounds like you have a few issues to get off your chest!
Go to the Dragons section and tear them to threads! :mrgreen:

lazza

Juniors
Fluffy said:
When those stuff ups were made last night the game was a lot tighter and it could have easily gone the other way.

Penrith were awarded extra ball twice which led to tries and robbed of one try due to a double movement.

Basically you add that up and its 18 - 16 with 15 mins to go and a completely different match.

Thats the point.

yeah.. panthers fans no one's denying your team won and were better on the night, but i have to agree that the rules need to be adjusted to change these 50-50 calls... its shitting me when they say it coulda gone either way... the fact is rules should determine which way a call goes, not the judgement of the referee... yet when i suggested to have 2 refs on the field, ppl say that the one ref is enough.. obviously not.

also scoring team should kick off.. teams go on too much of a roll on nowadays... winners out should be used for training, not professional sport.

Striker

Juniors
I think that it is all the rule changes in the game over the last 10 years that is causing the problems with the referees. Too many rules are upto the refs discretion.