What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Brutus

Referee
and he was quickly cut off by Cassidy when doing so

Saw that.

Roy jokingly dropped a line about the AFL going violent and Cassidy hit back with a short sharp jab at rugby league and that was that.

It was nothing more than an AFL show today. League only gets a run when there's a negative to dwell on.

Even last week, not one glimpse of Hayne's on-field brilliance, just a couple of possible elbows that of course were nothing.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
I found this more insignful

RACHAEL BROWN (reporter): Sex scandals are not uncommon in either football code, AFL and NRL, but Kate says her experience suggests Aussie Rules is just better at damage control.

JOHNNYMAFIA

Juniors
I'm still waiting for those bourgeois scum at the ABC to investigate the rape allegations levellled at AFL players, and the huge SCANDAL of Vic police sweeping the matter under the carpet. Can you imagine if this happened to some NRL player? Except for Roy and Jac Magnay the Offsiders team is populated by individulas with the intellect of fleas and genitalia to match.

Last edited:

mickdo

Coach
I'm still waiting for those bourgeois scum at the ABC to investigate the rape allegations levellled at AFL players, and the huge SCANDAL of Vic police sweeping the matter under the carpet. Can you imagine if this happened to some NRL player? Except for Roy and Jac Magnay the Offsiders team is populated by individulas with the intellect of fleas and genitalia to match.

Please don't put Magnay up as any kind of intellectual. She is a league basher, and only appears on that show to drag the game through the mud.

El Diablo

Post Whore
was i the only one shocked by Magnay this morning?

she actually said some good things and gave it to that scrawny little homo when he tried to deny what was going on

Greenbits

Juniors
Why do you guys still watch this Victorian based, pro-AFL propaganda driven dribble.

Vote with your remotes people.

Brutus

Referee
The old bastard Barry sure doesn't like any anti-AFL points being brought up.

Magnay actually assumed the role of Roy today. Really explained the TV deal situation well, including the main reason why we didn't get a similar deal to the AFL last time around.

Green Machine

First Grade
I’m not a Magnay fan, but I’ve got to say I was pretty impressed with her performance today on the Offsiders. Great work from her in pulling up Gerard Whately with another one of his AFL propaganda statements on the Western Sydney Celtics

For those who didn't see it can watch the segment here

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/

I like the comment about Western Sydney rugby league fans becoming 'disenchanted' and becoming 'AFL' followers by that Victorian douchebag. Why the hell would rugby league fans becoming disenchanted????

You know I might be a casual AFL supporter if their CEO was not such arrogant S.O.B AND if AFL journalists didn't follow in his steed so arrogantly AND if AFL fans weren't the most arrogant sporting fans in the world. This arrogance is one of the reason AFL will fail in NSW and QLD (and one might say is already failing)

Brutus

Referee
You know I might be a casual AFL supporter if their CEO was not such arrogant S.O.B AND if AFL journalists didn't follow in his steed so arrogantly AND if AFL fans weren't the most arrogant sporting fans in the world. This arrogance is one of the reason AFL will fail in NSW and QLD (and one might say is already failing)

They are the reasons I do not give that sport the time of day.

LESStar58

Referee
I’m not a Magnay fan, but I’ve got to say I was pretty impressed with her performance today on the Offsiders. Great work from her in pulling up Gerard Whately with another one of his AFL propaganda statements on the Western Sydney Celtics

Couldn't believe Jacko today! Good arguments... we've been saying it here for years!

Jason Maher

Immortal
I've followed AFL almost as long as I've followed league (as my sig attests), but I've barely watched a game this year. I still like the game Australian Rules, but the AFL and the dickheads that run it and follow it (especially those in the media) have really turned me off this year. No doubt helps my teams were both sh*thouse this year, but perhaps that is what caused me to listen closer to what was being said and the blatant agenda being driven by many in the media.

babyg

Juniors
Only just watched the show. The bit that pissed me off was when Magnay mentioned that ratings were huge, they pulled the tv deal figures and not the ratings figures.

Latest posts