What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

El Diablo

Post Whore
Can they do anything right in your opinion ?

They well and truly stuck it up the AFL about their handling of the Fevola issue, isn't that enough for you ?

perhaps you have nfi what the show is about http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/aboutus.htm
About Us

Barrie Cassidy presents Offsiders on ABC TV each Sunday at 10:30am. The program also appears on ABC2 on Mondays at 8am.

A show for anyone who's serious about sport, Offsiders will provide challenging, insightful, humourous debate about the topic that dominates weekends - sport.

Each week the program brings together the experience and insights of leading sporting commentators and other contributors representing a wide range of opinions.

the biggest game of Rugby League was played last Sunday and never got a mention

the ICC champions trophy, horse racing, Soccer and AFL trade week all got a mention but Leagues biggest game was ignored TOTALLY

now f**k off to bigpoofy you queer merkin

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Post Whore
perhaps you have nfi what the show is about http://www.abc.net.au/sport/offsiders/aboutus.htm

the biggest game of Rugby League was played last Sunday and never got a mention

the ICC champions trophy, horse racing, Soccer and AFL trade week all got a mention but Leagues biggest game was ignored TOTALLY

now f**k off to bigpoofy you queer merkin

I do actually watch the show and know what it's about.

Perhaps they ran out of time what with all of the other sports that were on in the last 7 days. I thought that Magnay did a good job of sinking the boot into the AFL and their handling of the Fevola thing.

For your information calling anyone who disagrees with you an AFL fan isn't as bigger insult as you might like to think it is.

El Diablo

Post Whore
ran out of time lol

the show and all topics are done well beforehand

and you don't run out of time when it comes to discussing the biggest game of league. it was never planned to be discussed

Flapper

First Grade
Can they do anything right in your opinion ?

They well and truly stuck it up the AFL about their handling of the Fevola issue, isn't that enough for you ?

Considering they're a sports panel, shouldn't they have mentioned the GF at least once?

Honestly you have absolutely no f**king idea.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Considering they're a sports panel, shouldn't they have mentioned the GF at least once?

apparetly discussing Fevola compensates for Ignoring the NRL GF according to ilovedick

that is somehow supposed to be Rugby League related

butchmcdick

Post Whore
So do you watch the show each week just to see what they do wrong El Douche or are you interested in any other sports ?

What would have satisfied you ? When will you be satisfied with the show ?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
can you believe this idiot is defending the show :crazy:

look insult me all you want, that seems to be what you do when you can't answer a question. Call me an AFL fan, Gay, whatever you want.

Any way you play it from your posts it would seem that the show can never do anything right and that the only reason you watch it is to bag it. What does that say about you ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
:lol:

i believe it is you that has not answered Flappers question. see below

Last edited:

Green Machine

First Grade
They did spend about 15 minutes reviewing the AFL Grand Final last week. Quite interesting the Dane Tilse analogy from Magnay. I don’t think the media have gone to town as much on the AFL and Carlton as they did on the NRL and the Knights,

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Should they have mentioned the NRL final ? Yes they should.

I wasn't too upset about it though as they did have a pretty huge slab of the show about it on the actual day of the grand final.

Now how bout you annser my question. Do you watch the show each week to just bag it whatever it does ? What other than an overwhelming pro league agenda would satisfy you ? Who should be a panelist on the show ?

MsStorm

Bench
I missed the Offsiders the last 2 weeks, but was glad to read Magnay stuck to the boots into the Fervola story....you really had to live in Melbourne to understand what antics he got up to and how well it was hidden until he was taken by the Lions in the players trade.

I was disappointed in them not mentioning the nrl grand final...wonder if it was because it got great ratings here in Melb...either way, it deserved some coverage at least.

Thanks ElD for mentioning the show is on replay on ABC2 on Mondays. I wasn't aware of this.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I missed the Offsiders the last 2 weeks, but was glad to read Magnay stuck to the boots into the Fervola story....you really had to live in Melbourne to understand what antics he got up to and how well it was hidden until he was taken by the Lions in the players trade.

I was disappointed in them not mentioning the nrl grand final...wonder if it was because it got great ratings here in Melb...either way, it deserved some coverage at least.

Thanks ElD for mentioning the show is on replay on ABC2 on Mondays. I wasn't aware of this.

Each segment is available seperately on the offsiders website Ms Storm.

I would rather they spent 9 minutes discussing the Fev Files than the NRL GF tbh, it is in the long run probably more important to shine some light on the crap that is taking place.

MsStorm

Bench
Each segment is available seperately on the offsiders website Ms Storm.

I would rather they spent 9 minutes discussing the Fev Files than the NRL GF tbh, it is in the long run probably more important to shine some light on the crap that is taking place.

Thanks for that link.

Re the Fev Files, a 1hr. program wouldn't even be sufficient to cover all the crap that took place.:p

Greenbits

Juniors
It was pretty clear that none of this would have come to light had Fevola's antics not been broadcast to the national via the Brownlow coverage. And they call league the code of silence.

No mention was made of the fact the AFL tsk tsks the league while continually sweeping its own filth under the carpet.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
The Fevola incident has been good here in Perth.

When some AFLtards start laying into RL, I ask them to state what has happened this year from RL players. They shoot off the headliners...

Stewart touching up a girl
Bird glassing a chick
Johns sex scandal
Myles sh*tting in a hallway
A fight in SOO
Various drunken behaviour.

It's great to reply "Fevola does that all in one night by himself... he's a one man NRL".

They get real quiet real fast.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Did any one watch the first Offsiders show of the year,just one or two things, why do Cassidy and Co have so much trouble saying Rugby League,we got the AFL thing about the TV rights when Mitchel from the Melbourne Union side was on.
They were on about sport on TV, there opinion is that 9 will get the AFL rights,but where they will get the money is another matter,no mention of RL very good aggregate ratings puting it in front of AFL,they went on to FOX and said 30 of the top shows were sport but again no mention of the fact it was RL .
So one must assume the usual bias will continue,the discussed the drug charges and had to my mind a dollar each way,your opinion please

Latest posts