What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Should be interesting today...3 good games of finals footy, but i suspect all we will hear about is Taylors punch - up...

Fail but nice way to get your anticipatory whinging in before the show actually aired. If you don't like the show don't watch it otherwise you come accross as the type of person who watches a show every week, writes down what you don't like about it and then complains. The only time taylor got a mention was when gallop brought him up.

I thought the bit with gallop was good. They put him on the spot over the situation with showing games in Melbourne and called him on his bullsh*t answer. I liked roy's response about things not improving in a decade. How the f**k nine get away with not even showing the newcastle v dogs game is beyond me.

I liked what gallop had to say about western sydney eg it is ours and always will be and the AFL turning up is no reason to panic. Barry attempting to say that union is the biggest threat actually made me laugh out loud.

Caro and roy went on with there usual bullsh*t re coaches speaking out with both thinking their code handles it best but that is to be expected. The guy asleep at the collingwood game was funny.

Brutus

Referee
I thought the bit with gallop was good. They put him on the spot over the situation with showing games in Melbourne and called him on his bullsh*t answer. I liked roy's response about things not improving in a decade. How the f**k nine get away with not even showing the newcastle v dogs game is beyond me.

For once I agree with you.

Gallop's weak answers were consistent with the garbage he came up with on ABC Grandstand on Friday night.

By the sounds of it, the NRL has no plans in place for better free-to-air coverage in Melbourne. Not even for improved RL coverage on Fox Sports for people in Melb who get shafted on free-to-air.

I'd say they just want Melb RL fans to purchase a Foxtel subscription which, sadly, is what the NRL is all about.

Last edited:

butchmcdick

Post Whore
For once I agree with you.

Gallop's weak answers were consistent with the garbage he came up with on ABC Grandstand on Friday night.

By the sounds of it, the NRL has no plans in place for better free-to-air coverage in Melbourne. Not even for improved RL coverage on Fox Sports for people in Melb who get shafted on free-to-air.

I'd say they just want Melb RL fans to purchase a Foxtel subscription which, sadly, is what the NRL is all about.

I know I am not supposed to mention the AFL in a positive light because everytime I do some bastard here seems to pop an aneurysm but can you imagine the AFL letting any broadcaster rape them in this way ? I can't see them letting their game not be shown on FTA much less a final FFS.

How is getting nine to show the NRL before some bullsh*t movie (chitty chitty bang bang) going to harm fox ? I thought league was on the list that states it must be shown on FTA before cable. Realistically if your game is shown at midnight on fox chances are you will be taping it just the same as you will if it is on nine at 2am. I remeber when I lived in tassie for a few years an origin was shown at midnight so we could all watch the E.J Whitton legends game FFS.

As for his answer about showing it in Melb and only getting so so ratings damaging the brand of the game f**k off. I am old enough to remember as a kid in the early 80's being able to see AFL live every weekend in north queensland and it doesn't seem to have hurt their game at all.

You can not like the AFL as a sport, you can carry on about media bias and whatever else you like but it would appear that their administrators are a lot more together than ours in regards to TV coverage.

Brutus

Referee
As for his answer about showing it in Melb and only getting so so ratings damaging the brand of the game f**k off. I am old enough to remember as a kid in the early 80's being able to see AFL live every weekend in north queensland and it doesn't seem to have hurt their game at all.

You can not like the AFL as a sport, you can carry on about media bias and whatever else you like but it would appear that their administrators are a lot more together than ours in regards to TV coverage.

I almost kicked the tele in when he said that about low ratings damaging the brand of the game. Then a minute or so later he said RL has rated quite well when it has actually been show in Melb.

Unfortunately Roy wasn't given a chance to respond.

I fully agree that AFL administrators leave ours for dead when it comes to media issues and long-term planning.

user_nat

Coach
I watch some of this show for the first time today, I see what you guys are on about. I saw the end where they interview Gallop.
The guys were saying that not fining the coaches over the smallest things is a good policy the NRL has, but the lady kept trying to defend "our game" AFL, couldn't say a good thing about the NRL. Was pretty funny.

Brutus

Referee
Well done to Roy today sticking to that horrid Caro woman.

He gave it to her over her "rugby league function" comment from one of her stupid articles.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Well done to Roy today sticking to that horrid Caro woman.

He gave it to her over her "rugby league function" comment from one of her stupid articles.

interesting that Roy also said that the Herald Sun had more on Fevola but had held off as not to overshadow Grand Final week

wonder what will come out now

Cletus

First Grade
interesting that Roy also said that the Herald Sun had more on Fevola but had held off as not to overshadow Grand Final week

wonder what will come out now

Probably the part where he had the fight with the producer and a scuffle with the security guards when they ejected Fevola.

Weird description of the segment on the website:

The finals of both the AFL and the NEL have been marred by bad behaviour by leading players both on and off the field.

Have any NRL players bashed a cabbie this week? And there was nothing in the actual segment about the NRL apart from Wilson carrying on.

elbusto

Coach
Probably the part where he had the fight with the producer and a scuffle with the security guards when they ejected Fevola.

Weird description of the segment on the website:

Have any NRL players bashed a cabbie this week? And there was nothing in the actual segment about the NRL apart from Wilson carrying on.
Wilson's bias is so blatant. Nice to see she hates League. We do not want her near our game. A Victorian of the worst order.

Last edited:

babyg

Juniors
I accidently switched over to insiders this morning and they had a bit on Kevin Rudd how he slipped down to the hotel bar to watch the footy with the journalists and that he left after the first quarter. That offsiders dick had a go at him for being a Qlder. The funny thing was that the footage of Rudd was actually him watching the broncos game.

elbusto

Coach
Just posted this to the offsiders re Carolyn Wilson - their reply will be the usual crap.

'She is a bloody disgrace. She hates the NRL and is the most biased journalist I have seen. Thank God for Roy Masters. Wilson is a joke. You can stop pretending now that there are not journalists on the Offsiders who hate the NRL. Wilson is exposed once and for all.'

maccattack

Juniors
Have you ever noticed how when ever she talks about (bags) NRL she keeps glancing at the host? Looking for approval or something. When she pontificates about the glory of gayball she just spits and sprouts to all and sundry.

What a cow.

elbusto

Coach
Have you ever noticed how when ever she talks about (bags) NRL she keeps glancing at the host? Looking for approval or something. When she pontificates about the glory of gayball she just spits and sprouts to all and sundry.

What a cow.
I know and thats why Masters shot at her today was such a beauty. Roy is a legend.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Roy is indeed a legend for giving it to her and calling her on her bullsh*t.

i thought it was more intresting that they called bullsh*t on the match fixing at easts thing. I meam magney is one of the shows regular contributers. The other thing roy said about the fevola incident and the paper not wanting to take away from grand final week was a shock too. I can't see the league media holding back in this way if they had a juicey bit of gossip. I guess that really highlights the different cultures in the two cities.

maccattack

Juniors
I guess that really highlights the different cultures in the two cities.

Well. When cutiehead decided to step down to gayball the Herald Sun had a headline over his shoddy mug on the front or back page (dont remember exactly) that went HOW WE GOT HIM. The article was obviously about how the afl had "got him". What struck me was that the paper were part of the "we".

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Roy is indeed a legend for giving it to her and calling her on her bullsh*t.

i thought it was more intresting that they called bullsh*t on the match fixing at easts thing. I meam magney is one of the shows regular contributers. The other thing roy said about the fevola incident and the paper not wanting to take away from grand final week was a shock too. I can't see the league media holding back in this way if they had a juicey bit of gossip. I guess that really highlights the different cultures in the two cities.

This is true as I heard Damien Barrett (journo from the HS) on MMM yesterday admit that what was seen on the footy show was ONLY about 10% of his behaviour and that the newspaper had decided not to print anything. Hopefully it all comes out this week otherwise it is an absolute disgrace.

El Diablo

Post Whore
This is true as I heard Damien Barrett (journo from the HS) on MMM yesterday admit that what was seen on the footy show was ONLY about 10% of his behaviour and that the newspaper had decided not to print anything. Hopefully it all comes out this week otherwise it is an absolute disgrace.

makes you wonder what else the Vic media have done to hide AFL players behaviour

Brutus

Referee
The Offsiders did a good job this morning of exposing the AFL's obvious cover up culture regarding this Fevola incident.

Magnay and that Gideon Haigh stuck the boot in, but of course the great fumbleball apologist Caro Wilson wasn't on the panel.